Hubbing Together - Cross promotion

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)
  1. ilovehubbing profile image61
    ilovehubbingposted 15 years ago

Hey

I have now written a few hubs and have some questions.

Do any of you organize to work together to cross promote each other’s hubs in a organized way?

IE
    -Deliberate stumbling each other’s hubs?
    -Cross linking your hubs to each other to get more internal links on hub pages etc?

If you are interested in this I would be interested to know your thoughts and post below if you want to work together smile

Murray

1. Princessa profile image82
      Princessaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi, yes we do work toguether promoting each other hubs participating on the Hubmobs. 

This hub explains how do Hubmobs work and how to take part in the next one: http://hubpages.com/hub/HubMob-What--wh … ing-HubMob

I hope to see you in the next Hubmob smile

2. indy cindy profile image65
    indy cindyposted 15 years ago

I've only been a member of HubPages for a month ... and have written half a dozen hubs. Once, someone linked one of my hubs to hers, as she felt the two complimented each other. I agreed and thought it was a marvelous idea. I have now done the same thing ... though not quite as nicely as she did (my inexperience shows). Hopefully it will stir a tiny bit of traffic back her way (not that I get all that much traffic anyway ... but there's always hope).

I think it's a great idea to link similar hubs by various hubbers ... though some may not agree. I think it helps put more information at one's fingertips ... and helps hubbers  bond a bit easier with each other as well.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi indycindy

I do this a lot -when I finish my hub (unless it's part of a group where I'll be having a lot more hubs I'll be writing and posting on a related topic like my guitars hubs or hybrid dogs hubs) I do a search for related hubs. 

1. I search for related topic hubs
      2. take a look at what comes up
      3. pick 5-8 good ones I like
      4. put a links capsule in my own hub WITH TRACKER ID SO I GET THE REFERRAL ADSENSE INCOME linking to them
      5. post a comment on their hubs telling them this is what I'm doing so they can check my own hub if they like (just a comment not a link to my hub)
      6. post my own hub with a "Other useful hubs" section at the bottom - you can see one here
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Garden-Sheds

By doing this, not only do I give the link to the other person but I get something back because it adds to my own hub's content and also I get some adsense income for the referral so long as I put the tracking ID into the link.

I do NOT place a link on their hub as I PERSONALLY think it seems a little pushy and freeloading, as they don't get income if anyone follows it but if they put a link there voluntarily to mine with their tracker in the link they would do...  I know some people do it but personally I wouldn't want to and if someone put a link on a comment on mine I'd not like it unless I knew the person or it was highly relevant - and if the latter I'd deny the comment and place the link in my links capsule with my tracker ID inserted!  Just the way I prefer to work

I'm always surprised more people don't (i.e. virtually nobody has) give me a link back in response to a comment saying I've given them one - so we spread the traffic around and get adsense referral income for doing so, but such is life.   

I'm no expert but if we all did this and recommended say 5 other hubs at the bottom of ours, it would drive relevant readership round hubs like crazy and we'd all get a bit of adsense income for the referrals.  In my opinion.  But there may be a reason why others don't do this, so maybe my bright idea isn't so bright after all!  If so I'm sure someone will enlighten me

3. ilovehubbing profile image61

Princessa thank you for your reply, I am not sure that was quite what i was thinking?
    How does that work to improve you individual hub's performance?

Murray

4. ilovehubbing profile image61

indy cindy so how would we start ? I link to your hubs and you link to my hubs?

Murray

5. Peter Hoggan profile image69
    Peter Hogganposted 15 years ago

The 'I link to your hub you link to my hub' philosophy would only help if you were linking related hubs.

6. ilovehubbing profile image61

So lets make some related hubs.

Peter I see you have a hub on How To Really Make Money Online I will write an article on that and link to yours if you write one on Carbon offsetting and link to one of my articles?

M
    PS Any one else interested?

1. indy cindy profile image65
      indy cindyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm all for the idea of linking hubs (since I've already done it once) but can't say I'd be able to write anything of interest about Carbon offsetting. What are some of your other interests? What else stirs your passion?

7. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Be careful.
    Some people regard linking to another hub as a major sin, and will accuse you of hijacking their hubs, bringing down the world economy, and all sorts of things.

I believe that linking to a related hub from a comment is great, and should be encouraged.
    Cheers,
    Eric G.

I

1. indy cindy profile image65
      indy cindyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That was a major concern of mine ... that some people wouldn't like it. Hence I would never do so without express permission. But I do think it's a good idea.

8. Peter Hoggan profile image69
    Peter Hogganposted 15 years ago

Unfortunately I know little about your topic. Have you registered your  RSS feed with the appropriate directories and aggregators? Lots of good links to be had there, but registration can be tedious.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)