Let's Develop Our own Religion*

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (68 posts)
  1. itech profile image64
    itechposted 13 years ago

What's your opinion about developing a new religion (Ignoring all the misconceptions which are now resulting into religious fights) with less rules but will also help the development of World Faster.
    It will be free from imposing any such restrictions which comes in the freedom of any person or living being but will be such, that will combine all the humans around the earth to trust each other.

Well, this may not be simple but we can start as a smal group with some simple rules.

So, Say Yes (For Joining), decide the name of this group and write down the First rule.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

good idea..but as soon as it becomes reality it would again get divided into my version-your version theme..problem is not with religion..idea of religion starters have never been division..but that has become reality..answer lies in working at basics of humans..humans divide..that is the whole problem..if we can scrap all religions ..new ones would come into being and again my way is only way would burst into the scene..something like my daddy strongest...science can be the answer...but science would still new time to get many answers...secondly what about identity?..i can't die like this..there should be soul,heaven or hell or something..identity carves for eternal life...

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, it is a failure to start with

2. Joe Badtoe profile image60
      Joe Badtoeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rule 1. There are no rules or indeed a ruler
      Rule 2. Contradiction is ok!
      Rule 3. No members allowed
      Rule 4. The word 'religion' is not permitted to be spoken or written

If you want eternal life try cryogenics but make sure you get a good friend with a large family and healthy long life genes to switch you on. Don't blame anyone else if when you are melted and re-enter this world it no longer exists because our generation ruined it just after you left.

Does anyone truly believe that God wears a white robe (that always looks clean surely there would be some wear and tear after all these years?) a long beard and big grey hair?

And how can he live for so long without using any fancy creams?

The name for the new religion? let's call it reality.

1. profile image50

Are you defining Atheism?

2. mr williams profile image60
        mr williamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Reality... I'd join a religion called that lol. I like it

3. profile image50

You cannot develop a truthful religion; it is just beyond you.

Thanks

1. skyfire profile image78
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wrong.

If high profile-literate person like Mohammad can create religion then anyone can.

1. profile image50

Hi friend  skyfire

Muhammad did not create any religion; the author of Quran/Islam is the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

Hi friend paarsurray

There is no empirical evidence for creator-the allah creating any religion or writing book. Just writing on peace of paper and saying it was written or guided or sent by allah doesn't make it so. Present your proof please.

Thanks

I'm religiously bored hubpages user.

2. profile image50

It is your wrong imagination that Muhammad created any religion; it is the Creator-God who revealed religion to him.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who is the only person to know that but Muhammad? No one. smile

4. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why does this seem like such a bad idea to me?

5. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Religion" is a nasty word. You can be religious about anything. You can religiously beat your wife every day, or rape your kids religiously every weekend.

Let's don't and say we did.

6. profile image50

The truthful religion comes from the Word of Revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH. The Atheists Agnostics only claim that they could make one; but since inception neither they could not make any nor they have the capacity to make any; in this respect they are a failed people. They could only do negative things in this respect to deride and ridicule others.

7. profile image50

It is funny

2. Peter Hoggan profile image68
    Peter Hogganposted 13 years ago

Wouldn’t it be a better idea to get rid of all religions rather than start another?

it wont work..even if you get rid of all present religion..soon new would pop up..

1. Peter Hoggan profile image68
        Peter Hogganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sad but true I suspect.

2. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are lots of people here that are working REALLY HARD at doing just that. lol

1. Peter Hoggan profile image68
        Peter Hogganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good on them and bless their souls!

3. profile image50

How would you get rid of it? You suggest to kill everybody

3. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

What's the point in setting up yet another religion? There are more than enough of them - why add to the problems?
    I've always liked the lyrics to the John Lennon song, Imagine:

Imagine there's no Heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No Hell below us
    Above us only sky

Imagine all the people
    Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too

Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace ...

Now, if more people were to think like that, I'm pretty sure the world would be a better place.

1. profile image50

The heaven of Atheists; that is never going to happen.

4. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

Yep! Just an imagination!
    People would still screw it up
    even minus religion etc.

Religion is not the problem
    People are!!! big_smile

1. camlo profile image85
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes!

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice, direct and concise answer.
        I like that!!  cool

2. 4elements profile image65
      4elementsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I must agree with that. it is the people who turn it to an ugly debate. or cast judgement.

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Develop a computer program for the purpose of analyzing religious texts.

Start with downloading scripture from Judaism, Christianity and Islam.   print out those passages that can be seen as compatible.

Examine results with open mind.
       I think that this would be a good place to start.

We then  include other religious doctrine for further comparisons

an emperor in India had tried this... he took best of islam and hinduism and formed new religion..no body bought it since they knew a mortal is initiator of that..he was great ruler , best administrator and heart of gold but had no miracles to show...may be he should have hired some one to create stories for that...

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are right.  Ya can't hardly get a child to eat a healthy meal without a little candy on the side.

These three mentioned are supposed to be worshiping the same God, (God of Abraham) so there must be some commonalities to find.

My grandfather compared finding the truth this way. 
          "Ya gotta shake off all of the leaves before you can see what the limb looks like.

The leaves represents , lies, alibi es, and excuses.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Turns out the limb is withered, rotten and diseased. wink

The truth as  you and I precieve ourselves to be  are the limb in this scenerio.

So in this case I agree with you completely. 
                 WE  ARE.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
              Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh - I see. I did not realise I was the truth. Glad to see you were not referencing your religion again. wink

My mistake. That is the problem with speaking allegorically all the time - no one understands it and everyone has their own interpretation to fit their fear based beliefs.  wink

I am sure that most will not agree with me on this ..  but ..
                I kinda think that whatever a person holds as being "their truth" is their religion.

2. skyfire profile image78

Examine results with open mind ? LOL What is open mind ? Is it something going along with the religious message of scripture is "open mind" ?

Wait why not develop program to validate the truth behind the stories in scriptures ? For example, mary was really a virgin ?  Where is the proof ?

I'm sure the program in later case will not be open minded as per you right ? tongue

In either case, if it's religious program, i'm not wasting my funds on it wink

It is hard to be open minded.  Very few people "if any" can ccomplish that feat.

I think that the world would show some over all improvement if people can be open minded enough to realize that we aren't

Define open mind.

What I understand open minded to be is the capability to clear your mind from any predisposition of preconcieved ideas or assumptions.   Like a clear chalk board ready to accept any idea as plausabel before automatically disallowing it as rubbish before all the data has been presented.

So you're saying religion is yet to present the idea to the world and we're discarding it ?What is bible then, curtain raiser on blackboard ?

What???  I wasn't talking about the world or religion.

You ask for my definition of an open mind, which it seems  no one has.  I'm not sure if it is even possible to have a completely open mind concerning all things.

Unless we are talking about a very young child that has yet to establish preconceived ideas.

1. profile image50

One could guess the fate of the religion being cooked here. Who will buy it?

3. randslam profile image78
      randslamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The problem with taking texts from various religions and sychronizing them into one?

That's what the christians of Catholicism did when selling religion to heathens.  Saturnalia became Christmas and fertility rites of spring became Easter.

Everyone was happy and peace reigned--until someone got pissed off because of too many rules.  That is, the protestants, lutherans, Henry the VIII, and every little splinter group from there. 
      You could include the worshippers of Islam as they didn't see the prophet, Mohammed, until 800 years after Christ.  So they are the new kids on the block--perhaps, a reason for fanatic violence of certain sects of Islam?

4. profile image50

Quran combines all creeds of all the truthful religions; in fact all lasting teachings of all religions are revived with Quran.

6. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

My question is: who is going to play God? Is he going to be elected like a president?

well it would have been great if that could have been the case..atleast for that god would have to visit each place or have telecast..make promises in front of every body...better than having book or oral things...

2. profile image50

Nobody can play the Creator-God; man is weak and can create nothing.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Boy Paar, you have a limited vision and understanding of humanity. WOW! hmm

7. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

No religion is the best religion.
    People are on individual paths. Conflict always arises between so-called "like minded" people. It's a misconception. Fingerpointing, jealousy, better-than-you, and a lot more. Including power, domination, control and money.

No religion for me. Just like there is no utopia, and no society of people to live in it, despite the ennumerable failed attempts.

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like it. There is more, but it has nada to do w/ religion.

8. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

No chewing gum or thou shalt not chew gum

9. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I have a private religion, one where I am enslaved by chocolate.

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not to indulge, but...

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Cake/ChocMousseCake.jpg

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

YUMMY!!!!!!!!

(That's the mantra in my private religion)

"Don't Panic" is mine.

2. Jerami profile image58

I go out to hang just one piece of sheetrock and a new chocolate temple has ben created.

1. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol
            my fault entirely Jerami!, couldn't resist. big_smile

and you didn't offer me a little piece  lol.

2. Dave Barnett profile image57

Covered in caramel.

10. Jim Hunter profile image59
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

Just worship me in all my glory.

L. Ron Hubbard created his own. He was a Sci-fi writer. Anyone for Scientology? Joseph Smith created his own, into Latter Day Sainthood? If each of us is a temple, maybe we can each have our own.

2. Dave Barnett profile image57

Just as long as you ain't NAKED!!!

11. illeagle profile image60
    illeagleposted 13 years ago

I've been giving this some thought lately. Here's my idea.

1.The 'Truth' is the only authority.

2.Accurate discernment is the only commandment.

3.Self-deception is the only sin for which there is no punishment, only correction.

4.The only truth is that we believe we are. (I AM)
    Everything else is fiction.

I'd ask for members, but everyone is already in the congregation whether they are aware of it or not!

12. skipper112 profile image60
    skipper112posted 13 years ago

here you go again paar.
    1. There is no evidence that your ' creator God Allah' ever wrote anything down.
    2. Mohammed could not read or write, so The Quran was written by a nameless person, so it cannot be trusted no one ever wrote it.
    3. You have stated the Quran 'corrected the bible' so no bible.
    4 as you have stated no one can understand the Quran as well as you do , so the Quran is out.
    5 so now we will start 'Claytons Religion' the religion you are having when you are not haveing religion'
    6 the best part is you paar know nothing about Claytons Religion, so you cannot talk about it because I will not tell you.
    have faith Paar.
    may the Lord Jesus Christ bless you

13. randslam profile image78
    randslamposted 13 years ago

Didn't Jesus start a new religion, way back in the day?

He got rid of the old Covenant, ie. the ten commandments and statutes of the old Testament, and then he told everyone to love each other.

The problems with faith-based organizations is that they have gone and recreated all the old rules and instituted them once more--even in the Old Testament--the lesson was rules don't work.

So if we were to start a new religion, the first and only law would be "love the ones that you see for how can you love a god that you have never seen if you don't love one another?"

Tah--Dah! A new religion is born--only it's really about 2000 years old and has rarely been used--so it's a "pre-owned" faith.

Sorry, but I've had 40 years to think about this stuff.  Love you all.

14. paradigmsearch profile image58
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Let's Develop Our own Religion*"

The Cult of Paradigm sounds like a darn good idea. I'll get back to you...smile

15. randslam profile image78
    randslamposted 13 years ago

First rule of a new religion.

Don't go forth and reproduce--there's seven billion humans out there who only like to eat, procreate and start wars.  Stop multiplying the problem--curb your production--think green.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

More kindness rather than more religion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)