New Hubber! looking for feedback and valueable suggestions!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Valeed profile image69
    Valeedposted 13 years ago

Hi! i've recently joined HP so am in the process of learning how this internet freelance writing works. I am looking for feedback for my hubs. I believe I can learn alot from all experienced hubbers, so do give your valueable comments as I want to improve my hubs.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i read two of your hubs and I must say I am impressed..you are on right track man and you dont shy away  on writing on sensitive topics too..that is good...good job..all the best...

Valeedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks alot for appreciating my work :-)
        It was nice to have your feedback . . .

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Both of the hubs I looked at contain small grammar or punctuation errors - you might proofread a little better.  Personally, I try to go back several days after writing and re-check.  Even so, I often miss some.

You have put a photo at the top right of the first text capsule in both hubs - a prime spot for a google ad, if you care about that.

I found the links at the bottom only by accident - the first time through I stopped at the comment section, thinking that was all there was.

On the whole, however, I found them both to be well written and informative; good work!

Valeedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks alot!
      I will surely keep your valueable suggestions in my mind for my upcoming hubs.
      It was great to have your useful  advice! will definitely follow this! I

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

I guess I am going to be the party pooper here amongst the others who have checked out your hubs.

I've reviewed all 3 hubs and two of them I have found to be short on content. And, 1 hub has lots of writing, but lots of writing bunched together, with very few paragraphs.

Your smoking hub is short and needs more content. As does your "Jihad" hub.

Your hub on superstitions is pretty good, but it is the hub I made reference to about creating paragraphs. Many people online looking for reference material, will have a short attention span, and want to read through the stuff they find quite quickly. So, it is important to have your article flow.

If you have bunches of words and very few paragraphs, you are likely to lose your reader.

Just a thought.

4. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I agree with Wilderness--running your work through a grammar checker will do wonders for them.

As for your hub on superstitions, a good bulk of it is lifted from other sites. From what I can tell, it's a sentence or two of your own followed by a sentence or two copied from somewhere else. That's a big no no.

5. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. 

The content is good and very interesting.  Your off to a great start.

Remember there is a spelling tool in each text module. I use it all the time as we can easily turn a blind eye to errors in our own material after writing and rewriting.

Best Wishes and Much Success big_smile

6. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 13 years ago

A warm welcome to HP my friend... You have a great hubs with you... I think you need to make some more articles this time essays to enhance your scores.

All the best,
    Generalhowitzer

7. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Hello Hello General H.... good to see you in the forums again... smile

Welcome to HP Valeed..

"I believe I can learn alot from all experienced hubbers"

Remain Open on that one.
    There are many experienced hubbers here who know what they're doing - BUT there are also a few others that Really Don't...
    Good Luck with your goals.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)