"GOP poised to control 30 governor seats": MSNBC

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (40 posts)
  1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image59
    fishskinfreak2008posted 13 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39001276/ns … ork_times/

The level of AQNGER/FRUSTRATION/DISCONTENT is unprecedented.

1. weholdthesetruths profile image61
      weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The level of A/F/D is driven directly by the obvious lack of respect Democrats have for the people.

fishskinfreak2008posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is even more so the case for Republicans adn the Tea Party, the parties of "No" and "Hell no"

The Republicans and Tea Party together consist of the majority.

1. lovemychris profile image77
            lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Republicans are having a major problem with the Tea-Party.

"Tell those idiots to stop brinign up the birth certificate when I'm speaking!"

You are completely ignorant of the TEA Party.

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it appears some Americans have very short memories..

2. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

The anger is driven by fox news and talk radio!
    AND the horrible people these people put up there as candidates.
    I was watching the Fiorini/Boxer debate, and all Fiorini did was insult Boxer....on EVERY question. Sort of like weholdthesetruths does here.
    Does not answer a question with fact or a reason for disagreeing....simply insults the person speaking.
    Fiorini must have said "bitter partisan" and "do nothing senator" a million times.

Meanwhile, SHE is the one sounding bitter and partisan!! People like her are the reason for the anger, and it is directed at the wrong people. It is not the Dems being in power that caused this
    mess--this is from 8 years of a Republican presidency and 12 years of them controlling Congress.
    And their only actions since Obama was elected is to obstruct and insult.

Really really pathetic. And the cause of the division and hatred that is here in America now above all else.
    They should be shamed of themselves, but that would take an iota of humanity---which they do not possess, IMO.

fishskinfreak2008posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is true. Remember the comment Fiorina made about Boxer's HAIR with an open mic?

2. weholdthesetruths profile image61

Only your division and hatred are in evidence.   

The TEA Party wants nothing but sane fiscal policies and the reduction of the reach, actions, and scope of government back to it's legal boundaries.

SANE?????

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

They want Iron-Fisted Twisted Christian Rule.

You know nothing about the TEA Party.

3. weholdthesetruths profile image61

Frankly, chris, your paid trolling is really obnoxious.    No thinking person actually believes any of this "Democrats = saviors, Republicans = devil" crap you spew endlessly.    You haven't got the faintest idea what needs to be done, or why, or how. 

You haven't got a clue how the economy works, why we're experiencing seriously financial meltdown, and why everything our nutcase president wants to do is stupid beyond comprehension.   

If you'd like to make the case for massive tax increases, and how government spending is more productive than the private economy, please try, instead of this nonsensical partisan trolling.

"You haven't got a clue how the economy works, why we're experiencing seriously financial meltdown"

I told you: 8 years of Republican presidency, 12 years of Republican control of Congress!!!

What is their solution? Extend the tax give-aways for the very top.

GEEEEE, that will work! NOT. Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and over and over ...........
        They are like wind-up robotons. tax-cuts for wealthy, cut $$ from poor and middle class, tax-cuts for wealthy, cut $$ from poor and middle class.

ENOUGH!

Each posting you do demonstrates even further how incredibly wrong you are and how completely vacant your thinking is.

3. CkhoffmanK profile image81
    CkhoffmanKposted 13 years ago

left wing- right wing.. it's all part of the same turkey.

I just wish the right didn't have such far out radicals speaking for them lately (angle, palin, etc etc)

it's a spooky situation but it doesn't matter, honestly. Clinton was president two terms and dems didnt have house or senate. He just vetoed all the crazy stuff they tried to force through.

smile hopefully Obama's the same.

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"He just vetoed all the crazy stuff they tried to force through."

Like how he stopped the repeal of the  Glass-Steagall Act?

Please explain what "crazy" stuff the Congress tried to push past Clinton.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Just remember it was a Republican governor who brought universal health care to Massachusetts, with a personal mandate requiring insurance. Not all Republicans are cut from the same cloth.

That is true.

Not all Republicans are real Republicans.

We refer to them as RINO's.

The quicker they are defeated the better.

A look at Massachusetts health care system and what it does for you.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … 60580.html

http://dailycaller.com/2010/01/10/massa … te-budget/

http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/15/news/ec … /index.htm

1. Ron Montgomery profile image58
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A more accurate term for them is "rational people".  I understand your disdain for such heretics.

Can you explain what, specifically, makes going along with raising taxes, massive overspending, monumental debt, along with attempts to centralize the economy "rational"?    There's nothing rational about anything the Democrats have done, proposed, or wanted,  in at least 30 years.

OK, but first explain to me the virtues of blind obedience to the thugs who needlessly sacrificed hundreds of thousands of innocent lives in their latest crusade, put us into an economic depression, turned a national budget surplus into massive, perpetual deficits, perpetuates the myth that we are at war with Islam, scapegoats Mexicans, Muslims and Gays as sources of America's problems (as Goebbels, the first teabagger, did with Gypsies and Jews). 

It's all academic at this point, so we're just arguing for argument's sake.  The demographic realities are about to cleanse the country of the conservative scourge for generations.

So, you really don't know what needs to be done, or what's wrong, or how to fix it.   

All you know is that you hate those who are disagreeing with you, because you think that they stand between you and paradise - and are doing so just to hurt you.

Utopians are always interesting.  ALWAYS wrong, but in a sort of "oh, my God, I can't look, nor stop myself from looking at the horror" way.

Nice job.  I've never seen such a pointless post.

2. Jim Hunter profile image61

I can always count on you to offer up a substantial comment.

Every time liberals acquire power they go completely off the reservation.

They misunderstand what the people want.

Bush was a train wreck and I can admit that, he spent and spent and when change was offered up the people jumped at it.

We didn't want more out of control spending we wanted change from out of control spending.

Obama ran as a moderate and fooled enough of the independents into thinking he would govern as one.

The Republicans will gain in the November elections and its possible they will take control of the House and Senate.

The test will be can they learn from their mistakes and steer the economy back to where they once had it.

I looked ahead in the teachers' edition.  The answer is no.

IF the Republicans gain control of anything, they will only be able to maintain it by "refudiating" (ref: teabaggers dictionary) the wingnuts and legislating like "RINOs".

Scott Brown is the prototypical RINO in teabag clothing.  He pandered to the useful idiots to get elected...

...how's that working out?

"...how's that working out?"

Don't know he doesn't represent me.

"IF the Republicans gain control of anything, they will only be able to maintain it by "refudiating" (ref: teabaggers dictionary) the wingnuts and legislating like "RINOs"."

You're wrong.

"Scott Brown is the prototypical RINO in teabag clothing.  He pandered to the useful idiots to get elected..."

Your name calling reflects the stress you're be under knowing whats about to happen.

I'm here to help you adjust if you need me.

LOL, JIM, you are far too willing to tell little white lies to avoid hurting people's feelings. 

Liberals do know what people want.   That's NEVER been at issue.  The issue with liberals is that believe they are intellectually, morally, and educationally so superior to the average person, that they have a divine, moral, or some other way justified, right to control the people for their own good.

2. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have become such a believer in states' rights. You have your Republicans and I have mine. And if they're a Senator they each get one vote. The constitution is a beautiful thing.

"You have your Republicans and I have mine."

Ok, but Romney has or at least had aspirations to be my leader.

Republicans need to get rid of the RINO's and actually do what real Republicans want done.

Be fiscally conservative, limit what the federal government can do to what the constitution says its responsibility is.

If the Republicans win back the houses of congress this is what will be expected.

5. profile image0

True, but we get to have a big, long election before that happens, maybe the primaries will feature Romney vs. Palin. So the Republicans can have a real slug fest.

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Romney is smart! Palin...not so much.

I think she is smart enough to realize she would be detrimental to a Republican victory.

I am not Republican or Democrat I am a conservative.

2. Jim Hunter profile image61

Maybe.

I'm sure there are more qualified people who can run.

Romney wont get the nomination, I doubt Palin will even consider running.

We'll see.

6. profile image0

That's okay I'm not a Republican or Democrat - I'm a Liberal.
    Romney would have done better, if he'd been a conservative Democrat. They fair better than Liberal Republicans.

"That's okay I'm not a Republican or Democrat - I'm a Liberal."

There is a cure for that big_smile

1. AnnCee profile image67
        AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do tell!

7. AnnCee profile image67
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

The anger is driven by reality.  Boots on the ground, nose to the grindstone, real live reality.  The reality where people you know personally have lost long held jobs.  The reality where you yourself along with neighbors and friends are attending town hall meetings, city council meetings, political rallies and you are being called names for doing it by your representatives, even by your president.

The politicians who have lost all respect for the electorate and who demonstrate that lack of respect will pay in November and in the years to come.

That magical president, the tone deaf, do nothing Obama and his incompetent administration along with the arrogant Democrat Congress have awakened a sleeping lion.   If they want to bully Americans they're going to have to do it with something stronger than a propaganda press and shoving reams of legislation down our throats.  We aren't stupid and we aren't weak.

It is driven by the people who own a business and find that they'er being whipsawed financially so bad they may go broke, or have to lay people off.   Economic downturn is bad enough to try to ride through and still survive, what's worse is when the economy goes bad, and the government targets you for destruction.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)