Violation of terms

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. alexadry profile image94
    alexadryposted 13 years ago

Today, I unexpectedly received an e-mail from hubpages stating that one of my articles is in violation of google adsense terms. It gives me a whole list of things that can be wrong with my hub but none of them really apply. I have never done anything wrong listed.

The article remains unpublished for now and will not be published until I fix it. What do I fix though if I cannot find anything wrong? I wish they would specifically mention what was wrong with it, so I could know what to work on, if anything. I read google's terms of service and agreements but yet I cannot figure out what is wrong.. what to do and who to contact about this?

1. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes again write a mail to hub moderators that your list of topics in my hubs that violate the google adsense terms are not in my hub.Recheck it again.If again they apply the same then unpublished or delete  the hub.

2. Vines profile image60
      Vinesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is odd...Care to share what was your hub topic about?

I'm pretty sure after hundreds of hubs, you would know what is compliant with Google's TOS and what is not.

Probably another case of "Oops" with Hubpages.

3. pintails7886 profile image67
      pintails7886posted 13 years agoin reply to this

They have done this to me too it is their way of censoring you and vaguely claiming it is adsense but when some one they agree with does the same exact thing  its no big deal

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

you can ask the team for a more clear explanation. team@hubpages.com
    what was the topic?

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thats all you need to do, they are really helpful, having been through this a few times.  Doing it on my own with the 'guess' technique, is really not worth it, that took me 4 continual unpublished hubs, and I was lucky because I know breaking TOS rules, is serious.

It's a matter of process, write them, like yesterday, ir will be published within 3 days I bet

We;ll look forward to reading it, cheers!

smile

3. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Recheck mail again. Did you write anything about topic which violates google adsense.

4. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 13 years ago

Why are you asking people who can't do anything about the situation?

1) Go to AdSense and read their TOS.  You are bound by those rules when it comes to creating content on the site.

2) If you need clarification from the admin team as to what is wrong with your Hub content, contact them directly and they will provide you with more feedback.

alexadryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Relache... well thanks...you certainly helped me with the situation...you told me to contact the team. thank you that's what I was looking for if you read my question fully ,,, but what's with the attitude? The title of this forum says clearly :Need help? Ask here! Now I know where NOT to ask next time.. go figure..

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
        PaulaHenry1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Get used to it. Unfortunately, there are some folks out there who 'tire' of us needing help.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You'll be hard pressed to find a forum post by her that isn't the exact same response she just gave you.  Regardless of the question asked.  I've come to the conclusion that she must be some sort of automated forum moderation bot.

As for your problem, I had the same thing a few weeks back, i.e. I was told it could be this, or this, or this, which of course isn't very helpful at all.  It turned out to be the 'wrong category' for mine.  So you may want to double check that you have your hub in that which is most appropriate.

5. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

I would like to take a middle-of-the road position.

Having read the Original Post earlier today, I must admit that I was thinking: What are we supposed to say about what is wrong with the hub?

True, the other part - who to contact - has a simple and straigthforward answer. But please see the very first reply, by Saleheensblog, who provided the necessary information about 12 hours ago.

My personal opinion is that people posting here should always be treated with respect. However, it is a good idea to quickly respond to the advice being given. Until the person who asked the question responds that they are satisfied, others are going to keep wondering about it. So that is definitely a good practice and attitude for the Original Poster to respond back quickly, when possible.

1. Haunty profile image74
      Hauntyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would post such a question if I was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience not being able to decide what the problem was with a hub; if this happens often to people; if so, whether these cases have anything in common, etc.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point, although the correct answer would invariably have been the same.

6. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

To give feedback we would, at the very least, need to know what the unpublished hub was about.

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Well, I have hubs pulled down for violations of terms. The only thing I did was, what is being suggested by most here...email Staff and find out exactly "why" it was pulled down.

So you can fix and submit for publication over again. They will want to look at it first. Unfortunately, I hope you already emailed them, because the weekend, is hard for staff because of a limited amount of people on.

There is a chance you'll get it solved, but Monday might be when you get a response. Just wanted to let you know. smile

Good luck with it. smile

8. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

This has happened to me before, I just emailed the team and they told me exactly what I needed to fix.

This is the place to ask for help, but in this case the Hubpages staff can tell you axactly what is wrong, we cannot even see the hub any more to take a guess!

alexadryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Contacted staff and they told me the hub had products for sale (bear repellents) which may be not lawfully sold in some States. Thanks for your help, next time I know who do contact exactly. Won't see me here for sure! smile

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
        PaulaHenry1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats too bad Alex....I just had one TOS violation yesterday- I resubmitted it and emailed with no reply so I just deleted it and made a new with the same info...sometimes going around the system works too smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)