Why I am not getting much traffic from google

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image33
    habib9422posted 13 years ago

I am getting traffic from hubpages and getting little bit traffic from google. Please suggest me how to improve google traffic for my hubs.

1. profile image0
      Richard Stephenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see that most of your hubs were published within the last 2 weeks.  I wouldn't be overly concerned about your lack of traffic quite yet.  It can take a few weeks for Google and the other major search engines to find your hubs and index them.  You can always try manually submitting your hubs to Google or try pinging them to try to speed up the crawlers.

Also, your hubs may have already been indexed but just aren't achieving a high enough search ranking to get any significant traffic.  Do some keyword research to determine what keywords people are using to search for content similar to your hubs.  Then make sure that your hubs contain those keywords in the text and in the hub tabs.

2. profile image53
      MyPostingIDposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most of my hubs start seeing Google traffic within 48 hours.  Of course, I write product-based hubs using low-competition keywords that I know I can rank for.

I currently own about 100 Amazon hubs and at least 50% (maybe more) are ranked on the first 2 pages of Google with many on the first page.

If you can't rank on the first two pages of Google, do not expect much traffic.

Check out a few Internet Marketing forums for info on SEO and keyword selection.

3. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am seeing just one hub in your profile. How can you expect more traffic from google from just a single hub?

Write more then expect results.

4. Jason Oleinik profile image62
      Jason Oleinikposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would suggest you first acquaint yourself with keywords and how to choose good keywords. There's tons of hubs on that here, here's one if you want http://hubpages.com/hub/Long-Tail-Keywords-SEO

After that, I suggest you read another hub by Susana, this one on how to make your article SEO friendly by working your chosen keyword(s)  http://hubpages.com/hub/increase-page-r … h-pagerank

After you've done what she suggests to your older articles, and start to apply this to your new articles, you should see a definitive improvement. Just keep in mind, it takes time for google to index your articles, and to apply the changes you've made. This means that it may take you more than a month to see an improvement in traffic.

I've followed SEO improvement and started to seriously focus on keywords and keyword research, and now I'm waiting for the result after editing my older hubs and writing my new hubs with all this in mind. It takes a while, but it works.

I myself have only 40 or so visits from search engines, but I'm sure this will start to greatly increase once the improvements I've made and the new articles I've submitted are indexed.

2. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

MyPostingID
        38 posts
        Hubs: 0
        Followers: 0
    I am confused, 0 hubs?

1. profile image53

I don't write hubs with this "posting" ID, hence the name MYPOSTINGID.

1. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you're going to continue causing confusing ID. Hubber mystery *nods*. Most don't quite get what it is you're doing smile

1. profile image53

That's OK.  The last week or so has just been a vacation for me from writing hubs so I figured I'd help out in the forums.  Once I get back to writing, I probably won't be around the forums anymore anyway.

1. frogdropping profile image77
            frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well that's a shame. Although your opinion isn't always met with quite the reaction it should, I believe you know your onions. Good advice is much needed in here. I hope you continue to post as time allows.

Much success to you smile

1. profile image53

Thank you for the kind words smile

3. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

It can take a while for Google traffic to increase - the first time I noticed that Google traffic actually exceeded HubPage traffic here was very recently, but at my older, long established sites, Google traffic is 90% of all visits.

To get Google traffic, you need to turn up in Google search results.  To get a lot of Google traffic, you need to turn up on the first few pages AND it needs to be for search terms that people actually use.  It's the "actually use" that is most important.

For example, I rank very well for the phrase "ding bat bolts".  You'll find at least two pages of mine near or at the top of Google results if you do that search.  Does that get me any traffic?  Of course not - nobody searches for "ding bat bolts"!

Also, don't get misled by temporary ranking. Google gives a boost to new pages, so if you write a page about Ding Bat Bolts, you might show up on the first page too, but that doesn't guarantee that you'll still be there in a week (though if it really were about Ding Bat Bolts, you probably would be).

How Google decides that your page deserves better ranking than some other page involves many factors.  Analyzing those factors is the province of SEO.

1. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're just a forward thinker.

Some day Ding Bat Bolts will be very popular, whatever they are...

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You'd think more people would buy them.  They are "Just crooked enough to drive you nuts!", you know.

4. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago
    1. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is that Mr Google?

5. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 13 years ago

more backlinking, rss feeds, relevant content that grabs attention, creating desire and call to action.

6. profile image0
    jenniferangsposted 13 years ago

Thank you,I think you're going to continue causing confusing ID

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)