Keyword Tool 'previous interface' option gone???

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (31 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Can it be? It is not showing for me.

If anybody knows how to access the old version I would be most grateful, that place is invaluable for long string keywords!

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Ryankett,

You are talking about Google Adwords Keyword Tool, right?

Here is my link and I just tried it and it worked.

https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … earch.none

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cagsil, yes that link went to the new version. Thanks anyway, I dont get on very well with that one.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is the same one I received from Sunforged's hub.

It's the only link I know of. If anything, even the old link is going to be redirected to the new setup. hmm

1. profile image0

The one linked to by rmr above does go to the old version smile

If you haven't tried it, well worth a look. I find it much easier to find good long string phrases via that tool.

2. rmr profile image69
          rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They've had both available for quite a while, now. I really hope it stays that way. I really don't like the new one either.

1. profile image0

Well until recently they had a link from the new one titled 'Previous Interface'. Thats how I used to find the old version.

They have now removed that link, suggesting that they are trying to ween people off of it. I wont use the new one, I would sooner use Market Samurai... the old version just comes in handy sometimes, particularly for inspiration.

1. rmr profile image69
              rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they're phasing it out. When I clicked Cagsil's link, I still saw the option. I hope that's not the case though.

3. rmr profile image69
    rmrposted 13 years ago

That one seems to go to the new version. I was just using the old one here: https://adwords.google.com/select/Keywo … egacy=true

1. profile image0

Awesome, many thanks!

Swiftly bookmarked of course, I really do not get along with that new version!

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That new version seems to me to be a cunning way to force people into signing up for Adwords.

4. profile image0
    Sunsofdustposted 13 years ago

Here is a direct link to the previous version:

https://adwords.google.com/select/Keywo … egacy=true

For what it is worth, I use the Keyword Tool Dominator application that use the previous version too.

http://www.keywordtooldominator.com

5. jaymelee23 profile image65
    jaymelee23posted 13 years ago

Thank you RMR!

6. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

All I can access now is the new one.
    And I really don't like that one.
    But...Google likes it, so now YOU will like it too!
    Remember back when Google cared what users thought?

7. rmr profile image69
    rmrposted 13 years ago

Yup. I lost it too. It was there this morning, but now it's gone. Jeez I really hate change.

8. profile image0
    Sunsofdustposted 13 years ago

Yup, it does look like the Google Keyword Tool has officially been upgraded.  I guess it is time to figure out how to use it.

9. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I noticed this today Ryan. Unfortunately, no matter how I try and access the old version, I just get the new one. I really dislike it. How come I can't use rmr's link? Works for others right?

10. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Nope - can't get it. I found this though:

Search-based keyword tool will be discontinued soon
    Please try out the updated keyword tool. You can get keyword suggestions by words, phrases, websites or categories.
    Why are we transitioning?

Apparently the beta version (new one) was launched in April, with the ability to switch between the two allowable up to September. Then the new will fully replace the old. Meaning we'd all better get used to it.

Oddly enough, search assist already throws out the folloing phrase:

original google keyword tool

hmm

1. adrienne2 profile image66
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the search, had no old version bookmarked, and still was getting the new version.

11. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Frogdropping, have you ever signed up for a Market Samurai free trial?

When that free trial expires it still allows you to access the keyword tool wink That is what I will be using from now on!

1. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I noticed that too. I got the free trail and let it run out. But I see you can still get the keyword tool, which really is all I need. smile

2. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know. I could have. Rings a bell. This is a new laptop though. Rats neutral

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no Rats! - new laptop, new trial!

1. frogdropping profile image78
          frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That allowed? I shall go see smile

1. sunforged profile image71
            sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

use new email!

12. rmr profile image69
    rmrposted 13 years ago

Good deal! I haven't opened Market Samurai since my trial ran out. Thanks for the tip!

13. Never_Forget profile image58
    Never_Forgetposted 13 years ago

Well, this sucks. You would think they would keep it if so many people were still using it.

1. adrienne2 profile image66
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The new version really is terrible, I read that the old version will not be accessible Oct. 1 has anyone has read about this?

14. profile image49
    thischickposted 13 years ago

Has anyone else noticed or is it just me that Google is "The One Ring To Rule Them All" ????

15. Money Glitch profile image64
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

Hhhhmmm, I like the old version better. It was more helpful and user friendly to me. sad

1. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From what I have read a lot of people feel that way.
      But you know Google.
      They should change their motto from "Don't be evil" to "We know what's best for you".

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)