Unpublished hub is going up

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (27 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Whikatposted 13 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I have a funny question. I took down a couple of old hubs to decide if I was going to revamp them or take them down completely. They did not have very good traffic and no monetary value as is.

Anyway, when I checked my stats I see that the computer is showing traffic going up on one of my unpublished hubs, and the funny part is the score got higher.  Is this normal or are they trying to tell me it is more popular unpublished? smile

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

If you have edited or viewed the hub, your own pageviews would be included in the statistics (as they always are). The score could climb.

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

see? ha ha..

sorry WE, I know they are counted, but  no one will believe when others say..but I never looked at it!!!!!

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course I believe you!

1. profile image0

Phew, thats a relief. Do you have (or know of)a reason other then (than?)  ....its your own views?  I really have seen this question alot, and wondered myself..who the heck is looking at my hub?...

1. profile image0

Who says the stats are accurate? There are even people who have reported negative pageviews on some hubs. These systems are too complex to even care about such small numbers. If you had 100 pageviews in one day on an unpublished hub, I'd pay attention. All the rest, integrated systems and computers - we rely upon numbers we don't even understand.

1. profile image0

hahahahahah!!! very good point. thank you.

I dont have adsense, Im one of those wierdos who just hangs out here. I do notice occasionly that views go up or down and vaugely wonder aobut it. This makes the most sense out of anything i could think of.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
              saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok, i had 44 page views in my last hub before being published. I admit that my edits and reviews were counted but 44? nah.....

1. profile image0

What about the Thought Police? They also need their cut.

1. profile image0

shit     there are thought police now? I am in alot of trouble

2. profile image0
          Whikatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the Replies both of you. I have witnessed the ghost views on my hubs also. Unless they are counting our own 1 view as 3, I always blame it on the sneaky hubpages ghost.

Anyways, thanks for the reassurance so I do not lose my self esteem or think I was going crazy. smile

1. profile image0

your not crazy. but HP ghosts? thats interesting..something we should talk about over on the conspiracy thereoies (I can not spell that word) thread....

3. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

It is normal for the socre to go up as it sits. I don't know all the stuff exactly, but I do know I've read that some people let 'em sit for a bit before they publish so they start out higher.

as far as views go, Ive seen the question sooo many times and all I ever hear is that the counter counts your views too. But there have been times I've not even turned my computer on for days and when I come here, my unpublished hub has like...10 views in one day. ????

wish I could help more, all I can say is, don't worry about it. Higher score and more views cant be a bad thing.

1. profile image0
      AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have 1 unpublished hub and it began to get page impressions on September 11, 2010 with an average of 2 as of today. Is that a good thing? My estimated earnings is at zero.

4. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

As of today i have 357 page views on my 1 unpublished hub. I hope that this is good news for me. I am being patient as i ride this 1 unpublished hub out.

1. profile image0

Fascinating and odd...

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
        PaulaHenry1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Honestly, I'm thinking the numbers just don't ever make any real sense...When I check analytics I have triple the views as HP's...I have decided not to care anymore and concentrate only on clicks and purchases....

1. profile image0

Fascinating and not so odd...

2. profile image0

My page views have now gone up to 359 and my 30 days gone up to 302 from 300 at this time. So all is well with my 1 unpublished hub. I am now going to just sit back and enjoy this ride. Thank you for your input on my 1 unpublished hub, Website Examiner. Thank you. Go in peace.

1. tthudium profile image62
          tthudiumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why don't you publish it???  I would like to see it, and i'm sure that lots of other people would! by the way...  I followed just in case you do publish it smile

1. profile image0

It is too short in word count. The quality of it is excellent and I can not add more words to it without it taking away the quality of this 1 unpublished hub. I am now getting page impressions as of September 11, 2010. I am not going to rock this boat as it is sailing just fine since I put it on hubpages on June 3, 2010. Well yes people have seen it from United States, Australia, Canada, Spain, Germany, Japan. They seem to like it. That is all that I am concerned about to give humanity a one of a kind quality article. I am not selling anything on the website. So I guess it will maybe soon to be read all over the world someday. If not , no problem because it is already a success as far as I am concerned. Thank you. Go in peace.

5. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

I have seen the same thing happen to my Hubs. Ghosts in the house!

1. profile image0

It is called quality in the house!

6. profile image0

One more thing. I will not be writting anymore hubs for your information. Thank you for wanting to follow me but there will not be anything to follow me on after my 1 unpublished hub that I have now. This is a once in a lifetime and will be a 1 time hit wonder or a total flop. We just have to wait and see. We will see what kind of reaping my sowing this 1 unpublshed hub accomplished. I was referred as a 1 trick pony around here from a hubber on hubpages. Let us see how far this 1 trick pony does with this 1 unpublished hub. Thank you. Go in peace. I do have a good humor with being a 1 trick pony. hahaha etc... It is funny.

7. SteveoMc profile image73
    SteveoMcposted 13 years ago

I viewed my hub at least a hundred times and it only shows 10.  How come I don't count?

8. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

My views are all over the place too. And why does an unpublished hub's score go down after its published???!!

Also, this week I've published 3 new hubs and my hub score is going down?  Not happy sad

I really don't understand how this all works, but then does it really matter?

9. profile image0

This will be my last report to you on my 1 unpublished hub. I now have 361 page views and 304 for 30 days. It looks like to me that it is now a 1 hit wonder. Thank you. Go in peace

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)