Baby Gift Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)
  1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I've never had a hit from google on this hub - would love any feedback on it (please keep in mind this was written months ago and  hasn't been edited in that time, except for title changes.)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Picking-The-Per … by-Present

Hit me!

1. lrohner profile image67
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a bit confused. What is your keyword? You use "baby present" in the URL, "shower gifts" in the title and "shower gift" in the first subhead. But then I don't see any of these keywords in the body of the article anywhere. (BTW, I don't think it will be easy to rank well for "baby shower gifts" and "baby present" doesn't get a ton of searches, but the #1 result for "baby shower gift" is a PR0.) I think if you get focused with your keyword(s) and get one or two more backlinks you'll see a big change here.

As to the lingo, I understand HP attracts an international audience, but we use the U.S. version of Amazon, so I really believe you should at least be consistent with their terms. That said, I would suggest the following to make sure you get all of the right keywords in there:

- Add reference to a diaper genie and/or diaper pail
      - Use coupon instead of voucher
      - Use washcloths instead of facewashers
      - Include the words booties, jammies and pajamas
      - Use crib instead of cot
      - Use changing table instead of change table

What is a dummy? And what is a muslin wrap? And what is a headrest?  Is it a pillow? We don't use pillows in the cribs, but most Moms will use a Boppy for infants when they're not in their crib. BTW, our infant sizes are Newborn, 0 to 3 mos, 3 to 6 mos, 6 to 12 mos, 12 to 18 mos, etc. You use a size 0 or 00 which is totally meaningless to us.

Love the hub though! Hope it turns around and starts doing well for you!

WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. :-) I will go make those changes.

2. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Hi WryLilt, I read your hub, I think it looks pretty good, and the only reason I could think of as far as no google hits, might be some of your words, Like colour, hear in america it is spelled color. 

Another that might throw google off is the word nappies, Here in America we call them diapers. And is probably what most people would search for, when looking for this particular item.

Other than that it seems so be okay. I'm not sure but I think google prefers American English as opposed to other English.

Also a Pram is a Stroller, or baby carriage.

I mean even though we all speak english, America for one reason or another does have some different words for certain things, I have no idea why.

Thanks Diane - I have started to 'write american' but I guess I wasn't at that stage in my hubbing! I will go change some of those and see how I go.

Thanks!

3. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

Hi Wrylit, I had a quick look. I'm no expert, but just wonder if there is too much competition? Maybe you should go in at a less broad angle, I don't know, it's just an idea.

I did note that you use the word onesies...I've never heard of that, we call them sleepsuits or babygrows, I think Americans call them rompers.

When you get the traffic, it might be an idea to add a lot more choice in the amazon capsules - not sure if it will monetize otherwise, from where I am the ads are not very relevant.

Other than it looks fine to me smile

1. Diane Inside profile image73
      Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

we have onesies for babies, if they are the same thing you are thinking, in america, they are the little t-shirt type undergarments that snap at the bottom beween the legs.

sleepsuits are just that sleepsuits, or blanket suits, like fleece type material, full length with closed toes.

Just to clarify. Thanks.

Yes, that's what we'd call a onesie over here.

My favorite baby item name is the Pumpkin Seats, That is what we call a car seat for infants, here in the south. lol

I always thought that was an appropriate name for them, cause after all a lot  of people hear call their babies their little pumpkin.

2. Polly C profile image90
        Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, ok. We just call those bodysuits smile

Funny how even though America was founded by the English, we somehow , over time, came up with our own English.  I think it probably has something to do with so many different nationalities, finally mixing  it all up to where we probably just took certain words from other languages and made them our own American English.

Interesting......

4. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Hey wrylit smile

Your hub - as mentioned: write for your target audience. US or UK etc? What is your main keyword (and no, don't come and tell me lol) it's just that I found it difficult to identify. Your URL, H2 and H3 tag right at the start of the hub are all different. Use the URL in your title - somewhere.

Get your main keyword nicely dispersed: 3 - 5% Say it's 'baby gifts'. I can see a fair few opportunities where you can naturally insert the keyword.

Content is good, meets the title/s (tongue) and there's enough of it. Try a few tweaks and see what happens smile

Yes, that one doesn't really have any keyword research. As I said, written quite a while ago and I think it may be high competition. I tweak it every few months at random but haven't done much with it up till now... should do some serious research etc I guess. Thanks

5. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Got bored so when back to have another look, looks pretty good, just one question.

What is a dummy, just curious never heard of it, and can't for the life of me figure out what that might be if it even is just a different word in the U.S.

Anyway looks really good and I can tell you put some thought into this hub.

Thanks. I changed it - over here a dummy is what we call a pacifier.

Oh, never would have guess that. lol

we also call it, paci, binky, fooler, and probably many more. lol

LoL I've only heard binky used for a lovie or special blanket (or toy), never for a dummy! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)