What's your biggest flaw? The one your loved ones have to put up with?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (51 posts)
  1. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

I'll start!

I am extremely forgetful and distracted. I forget everyone's birthday, anniversaries, forget to make payments, go to appointments. I have tried to keep agendas up to date, but I lose them all the time! sad

What's yours?

2. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

i have a tendency to be a bit insecure sometimes to where i'm always affraid the girl will get tired of me and leave.  That and in real life, I have a lot of trouble expressing my thoughts and opinions, as i was raised to never speak unless spoken to, since my father told me emotions are sign of weakness.  of course, a good friend of mine taught me different, but it's hard to break a habit that you've been following pretty much your whole life.  you know what i mean?

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I get what you mean. But you seem like a nice guy. You need to be yourself. You'll find a great woman! smile

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks klara. i appreciate you saying that. smile well for what it's worth, i think your husband is a very lucky guy.

1. profile image0

Thanks Steve. I think he'll agree with you. smile

3. profile image0
    King Larryposted 13 years ago

My flaw is that I have a tendency to be brutally honest.  Pinhead! (looks at stevennix2001 when saying that)

1. profile image0

You are quite famous too King Larry!

1. profile image0
        King Larryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

really for what?  i'm known for a lot of things.  the world's greatest lover. the world's best looking man. the world's smartest man, and the bad boy of hubpages and etc.

1. profile image0

The latter lol

1. profile image0

oh that.  yeah, and don't you forget it either!  besides, we all know im the coolest guy around here, hands down! lol

1. profile image0

Well, it's nice meeting you King Larry. I'm the crazy psychic Klara. smile

1. profile image0

your a psychic huh?  oh really.  does that mean you can read into the future and read minds?  if so, then i bet you can't figure out what my REAL NAME is.

1. profile image0

Judging by the cigar, I'd say your last name is Castro? roll

1. profile image0

nope, that's not even close. hell, king larry is not even my real name, as this is a sock puppet account.  lol.

4. Sweetsusieg profile image76
    Sweetsusiegposted 13 years ago

I think my biggest problem is getting easily involved with things causing me to forget to do other things.  For instance I like to sew, I get involved deeply in a project and forget to clean the house or cook dinner.  It's not so much of a problem now the kids are grown, but when they were younger yeah that was problem. 

It's hard when you get creative and become deeply involved to just shut that off because of a clock.

The same goes for my writing, I get started then someone wants something so I have to stop and at times can lose that 'thought' that I was trying to put down. 

It's hard to keep a good balance.

1. profile image0

I can relate to that.

5. profile image0

they are?  (pulls out a bat) who do they think i am?  those scumbags. i say we mutiny!  who's with me?!?

1. profile image0

I might be mistaken by a Mejican, so yes... I'm with you. Let me get my frying pan!

6. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

my biggest flaw?  hmmmmmmm. . .  I lie alot.  a lot!

1. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3917696_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3917699_f248.jpg

7. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

yeah, like, right now my hunky bf is waiting for me on the bed.  He has covered himeself with rose petals and he has an open bottle of champagne waiting -  I really must go!  I'll be back later to let you know how our evening goes!

1. profile image0

You go, Mega! Have fun! Uh, no need to share the details. I believe you. lol

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...hmmmm....i've become more and more relaxed about 'stuff'...some could see that as a fault....so that must be it..... i used to have to make an effort to not 'sweat the small stuff'....now it all just comes naturally - not much effort anymore...while some people around me seem to take so many things waaaaaaayyyyy too seriously and it seems to get worse as they get older.....i say reeeelllaaaaaaxxxxx...and look all around you, stop to smell the roses and all that....

9. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Though I am slow to warm up to people, when I take a liking to someone I get too attached  .. it is a little too heavy I guess..I have been told so .. a great flaw.. I am learning to keep a respectable distance. smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...too bad sofs...'cuz you are probably just being you...and some probably can't handle directness...sometimes people get confused by a person's warmth...and they aren't sure if it's real i guess...i don't know...just my thoughts!

1. sofs profile image77
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are so kind,  yeah I am being me.. but some people can't handle too much I guess!  they feel awkward .. that is what I am told!

10. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

i have a wart on my leg...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3918133_f248.jpg

SEE.....

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3918135.jpg

but no loved one has to put up with it

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!  i love your smiling frog!

back at ya....I gotta get off the 'puter tonite!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/6/30/f7825da7-9a5e-42ab-a08a-1c25af756fee.gif

1. sofs profile image77
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you are tickling the poor creature to death!! Let  go,   let goo !!!  lol lol

11. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Funny!   Mine is my CLUTTER   (or is it my late arrivals?) smile

12. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I get jealous easily! I don't show it, but then I keep it in my mind.

other thing is that my friends would always say I have to think about myself first, sometimes I care too much that I forgot about myself. It is true, I just thought about it.

13. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

my untidyness

14. ChristinaScibona profile image70
    ChristinaScibonaposted 13 years ago

I bite my nails and this drives my husband crazy!

15. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

Im flaky, forgetful, distracted, all over the place. One of the first things I can remember my mother ever saying to me..in a deeply exasperated and tired tone..."you would loose your head if it wasnt attached"...and its true. I can forget what I am talking about halfway thru a sentence..it drives my husband NUTS. I am insecure and overly sensitive and have bizzare phobias...for example.. I wont walk into my house while a car is driving by, I dont want the driver to know where I live. I have panic attacks and anxiety issues resulting in me sometimes not leaving my house for weeks. I hate going to new places or doing something new by myself. Once, I sat for two hours at a resturant, needing to use the bathrrom...really bad..but I didnt know where it was and I didnt want to look for it, I was afriad I would look stupid...stuff like that.

16. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

My bluntness.
    It is not a flaw, but it does drive people crazy!  People don't like to hear the truth anymore, they want to be lied to.  They only get upset if the lie is not complementary.

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I only get mad if soemone bluntly tells me something awful about me, when I never even asked their opinion. If I ask somebody something, tho, I expect the truth. Most of my true friends are absurdly blunt. I ALWAYS know when my butt looks big.  wink

1. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

blunt?  is that like when I say - hey, clara - having a bad hair day, huh!  lol

1. profile image0

sort of. I really do like to be told the truth..WHEN I ASK. I dont give flying fig if you think my hair is ugly, if I havent asked your opininon. Ya know?

example..hubby announces "you look like shit" ...I am NOT going to be impressed, call it honest, blunt, or whatever.

I say.."hi honey, how does this look?"
          "oh, fine baby, you always look good" I go out in public looking like a complete moron because hubby wasnt truthfull..I am NOT going ot be happy

"hey honey, does this look ok fo ryour office paty?"
          "well...I think its going to be more casual then that, you look overdressed."

Truthfull..without beign a jerk. Thats good.

2. profile image0

lol ALL THE TIME!!! I'm like a female version of Edward Scissorhands!

2. profile image0

And that's where Mega comes in! big_smile

17. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

that wasn't true!  about my lying!  hahaha

but I do make up some fabulous fictions!  like the bf with the rose petals and champagne!  it was really nothing like that - he was here, of course, but he was watching the game, drinking beer and eating pretzels and he never got close to my bed.

can you believe it!?  wink

18. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

personally, I never ask how I look - I know how stupid or great I look - because usually I don't much care how I look.  That's a big flaw.  People don't like to go out in public with me and my big shirts.

But here's the thing . . .  telling lies is awesome!  Especially when no one catches you!  its like, you know, free entertainment!  Always people come over and say, where's your crazy sister?  you know, the one who lives with you and drops stuff out the window on people's heads?  and then I'm in trouble.  But its worth it.

fun is not easy to come by, otherwise.

I would probably tell you you look awesome in some drabby outfit just so when you go out people will avoid you and I will watch and laugh.  That's another major flaw.

jeez, I should never have answered this thread!  hmm  oh well.

1. profile image0

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I can so see the humor in that. Sort of a little like rearranging the grocery store? ya know..tampons on the beer..ahhahahahaha

I would so hang out with you. Ok funny story, I have this bitch of a sister in law. she thinks shes super hot and way smarter then everybody esle. WELL one day, my other sis in law(she is married to my hubbys bro..so we are both 'in laws') was visiting 'beeotch', and tehe had to go on a beer run. When they arrived at the store, the bad sis hopped out of the car all strutting her stuff, but her shirt was tucked into her thong....and the good sis never said a word. Let her strut her stuff all thru the store with her thong all up on the outside of her shirt!!!

1. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

a perfect example of "bad fun" - the kind that doesn't really do any real harm, but is so bad!  I am badder on paper than in person.  I can think of things to say and do that in real life I would never, in a million years, actually do.  But there have been times . . . and I always get caught!  always!  its funny.  I'm so good for such a long time and then the minute I step outta line - whammo! busted!  When I was in 3rd grade my girlfriend and I went to the dimestore but I didn't have enough money to get the fingernail polish and the other stuff I wanted, so I put the polish in my pocket.  Sure enough - busted!  They called my mom!  omg, it was terrible, but when she arrived I was laughing hysterically! She said later that was what really made her so mad!  I got such a whipping!  I can't remember a time when I had more fun getting in trouble.  crazy.

1. Denise Handlon profile image86
          Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's funny--I stole a box of gold stars when I was in kindergarten b/c my dad refused to buy them for me for when I played school.  So when he found out he drove me back to the store and I had to return them to the manager.  It definitely taught me never to do that again.  Humiliating.

2. profile image0

Uh... That happened to me in Arizona while attending a Powwow. Not cool... not cool at all! roll

1. Denise Handlon profile image86
          Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What happened to you in AZ?  You stole something????  smile

19. profile image0

my other flaw is im too nice of a guy sometimes. like just the other day i was beating the crap out of a guy because he owed me money, and he asked me to stop and i did, so i gave him another week to pay me back the money.  figuring he'd learn his lesson. now that son of biatch skipped the country.  damn it. king larry has gotten soft.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)