Is this a new trend or what??

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (20 posts)
  1. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

I have people leaving comments on my hubs with  links to hub URL, initially I approved one, but I am not sure if I should do so... I just denied two today. What do you think.. is this okay.

1. warchild75 profile image65
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes i deny them straight away,personally i find it rude.

2. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are Lucky...
      All my hubs have been Spammed with HP 'Get Paid To Write' Banners in Direct Conflict with MY Tracker Invitations! sad

I think the Ethics behind That BS speak for themselves! roll

3. Lily Rose profile image86
      Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it's new - it's been happening to me since I started here.  I deny almost all comments like that - I'm here to make money and I'd like to retail visitors as long as I can, not send them to someone else's sight or hub to buy from them!

1. sofs profile image76
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was not really aware of this,  it is only of late I have noticed this happening.
        Thank you for sharing your views.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I've had a few of those... I generally deny them UNLESS they add something really good to the hub.

I basically see it as... they're getting a free dofollow link so they better give me a good reason to leave it there.

1. sofs profile image76

mmm... isn't that kind of sneaky, don't know, just asking..

3. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

i always deny.

4. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Thanks guys.so it is okay to deny...doesn't  the comment box said no links... am i wrong?

1. thooghun profile image94
      thooghunposted 13 years ago

I'll always flat out deny links in the text(unless they are relevant). But I'll mostly allow external links in the username due to the fact that they are merely using the appropriate form entry. The accompanying comment must be relevant, however.

1. sofs profile image76

thooghun   I have allowed  the external links or at least one since it was worth while. But hubbers leaving their links was my what was bothering me....sad

2. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 13 years ago

Deny 'em.  Just flat wrong without prior approval by the author of the hub.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I have only allowed links in comments if I feel it adds to the hub. That has included youtube or other directly related hubs. However, I will never accept affiliate links, etc.

4. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Deny.  People who drop links like that are taking a free ride.  I get that a lot on two or three hubs of mine in particular from OUTSIDE Hp.  People who find my hub on Google and then want to piggy back it for their own site.  I wish there was an easy way to go back and bomb their site with some sarcasm about what I think of their tactics.

1. profile image0
        L a d y f a c eposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Haha. I like it.

5. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years ago

lol lol you sound so vicious! lol!

6. profile image0
      L a d y f a c eposted 13 years ago

I'm new here, so maybe this is a frequent occurrence, but I deny them. I've had two.
      This morning I received a notification that there was a comment, I'm new here so immediately I say, "*gasp! Love?!". Logged in to find an ad as a comment (?) Sadness.
      On this note, however, are you allowed to post relevant links in a forum? Say...if you're in a recipe forum and someone is asking something one of your hubs was made to answer?

1. thooghun profile image94
        thooghunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are no rules Lady, but if you're concerned about ethics (and I am as well), consider it like this:

Does the link add or detract from the conversation?

A good quality hub usually does the former, and if relevant, it will generally be  welcomed by those in the conversation. It really has to be spot-on in terms of relatedness though...

smile

1. profile image0
          L a d y f a c eposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice, thooghun smile I'll make sure my proposed link is relevant, and will add something to the conversation before posting.

Thanks again for the great advice.

7. Diane Inside profile image73
      Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I noticed this in a couple of mine. One I kept because it was relevant and one I did not, it was for something altogether different.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)