Crafts that should not be

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (30 posts)
  1. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I just discovered a whole section on Yahoo's topics pages (links to all kinds of things they've dredged up for us) for funny and wild and weird craft creations.

I think if you want a good laugh you should visit this link and see what some people the world is doing when the rest of the world isn't watching.

These delightful items should never have been imagined, much less realized, but here they are!  Enjoy!

http://etsywtf.wordpress.com/

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

bazar stuff, but halarious....lol

2. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

here's an example to get you started:

http://etsywtf.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/maxi-pad.jpg?w=430&h=287

people are selling these things on Etsy!!

3. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

If they're selling, someone's buying. The world of supply meets demand has finally gone nuts smile

4. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

http://images.regretsy.com/whatthefuckityfuck.jpg

feel free to jump right in and post your own crappy craft finds!

1. MeganK83 profile image57
      MeganK83posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe the second picture down is the best! I could totally see myself conversing at a cocktail party while sporting some good ol' shirt-pants. ...and they're only $78.00!!! wow.

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol This garment gives new meaning to the phrase "disappearing up your own backside"....

2. hot dorkage profile image77
      hot dorkageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it looks like somebody put a big fat ugly shirt on their legs.

5. light82 profile image61
    light82posted 13 years ago

AAAGH! The "Rainbow Pants"!  I'm Blind.

6. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

just so you'll see what I mean: 

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XmsFioOQHDg/THA-IvwgDRI/AAAAAAAADvs/Tor--d1Ewzg/s320/monkey+baby.jpg

7. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

There are no words.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3946951_f248.jpg

On second thoughts there are. Tragic. Humiliating. Teacosy. Save the dog neutral

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...thanks Mega...just ordered a couple of Rear Gear for the dawg and 5 pairs of Rainbow pants....perfect xmas gifts.....Thanks again!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

....ooohhhh...should have read all of the posts...

2. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

the words are important - must read the words

but I know you were only joking SOH,  right?   right?

hey!

RIGHT???  lol

...i think the Rear Gear looks great....they were only 5 bucks each...so i got 2...i'm gonna send you one for your dawg!

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.110816796.jpg

well...actually i thought that for those days when the old guy doesn't get dressed, you could just stick this on him!...at least sumthin would be covered up 4 ya!...especially since there's no dawg!

9. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

ok, I know this hurts- but just one more, ok?

http://etsywtf.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/python-bra.jpg?w=387&h=290

you have to realize the hours and hours of grueling work that went into making this shyte!

and no, don't tell me you love it and are giving it to you bff for Christmas!  you have to also read the blurb that goes with this one:

"sexy python bra will elevate your sexyness to a higher fashion altitude by giving you mood lift, fashion lift, and the attention you deserve. Panties are lined with gold satin like fabric and ruffles on sides are animal print with bead tossils hanging at sides. Totally made from scratch by scratcing my head for creative concepts to captivate and mesmerize your need for visual stimuli."

I am mesmerized by a need I didn't even know I had!! lol

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know why but she looks like she was swallowed whole by the snake and then vomited. Seriously, what's wrong with her?! That is not a normal body! hmm

1. mega1 profile image79

I really think that is a man's body.  just a guess.

Stacie -  I'm not trying to stifle creativity, but no, well, maybe I am.! If someone came to me for advice about whether to make any of these things before they'd gone to the trouble I would try to steer them onto some other choice. I suppose that is stifling their creative impulses - oh well.  Of course for artists, anything goes.  But for those of us who don't think their creations are beautiful or buy-worthy - we can say so.  And sometimes extreme ugliness is very, very funny to me!

Since these things were originally posted online by others who also thought they were incredibly awful, I know I'm not the only one. And we're all free to have and share our opinions.  We all have different ideas about what is beautiful, cute, or ugly - but some ugly seems so so ugly to me!  When I say it should not "be", I guess I'm just stating my own opinion.  Different strokes for different folks and in fact, I wouldn't even want to own a dog like the one above!  I couldn't bring myself to pet it!  Chihuahuas have always made me cringe but I know there are many who adore them.  I'll probably hear from chihuahua lovers now.  AND  some people adore ugliness! they also think its ugly but love it anyhow!

2. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok, I was laughing my butt off till I got to THAT pic and then I came back here and ...and...and...ITS HAUNTING ME!!!!!!!!

1. mega1 profile image79

I KNOW!  Me too!  I'm so sorry I inflicted it on everybody - at first I thought it was funny, but then I thought - what kind of people are making this stuff and who has a body like that?  has to be some kind of anorexic guy - cross-dresser!  hmm  lol

1. profile image0
          DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thats a relief. I thought..nooooooooo Im going to look like that some day? so then I had to drink a bootle of wine to calm down....but if its an anorexic cross dresser, Ihave  nothgin to worry aobut. Another bottle of wine to celebrate!!

1. mega1 profile image79

too bad I can't drink alcohol.  I'll just have a near beer then.  Yes, I know it is bad taste to ridicule others just for bad taste, but if I didn't then I wouldn't then most of my humor would be eliminated and I'd be a nice, good girl - we can't have that, can we!

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

...this looks like armour!!!!!! the bra looks like it's ready for action of some sort!!

10. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

well you are familiar with the saying "one man's junk is another mans treasure?" right?
    anything goes when it comes to crafts because crafters are thinking outside the box and creativity should not be stifled.
    JMO smile

11. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

gnome sticking its head out of mushroom - self-explanatory - the blogger said "this is a family blog and as such, I can't say what I first thought when I saw this listing. I will say that it's supposed to be a gnome sticking his head out of a mushroom.
    (bites tongue)"

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_430xN.62691366.jpg

12. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

what is that?  a scratch and sniff sticker?  I don't have a dawg! or cat! I just have me and the old guy I take care of!  we could probably use scratch and sniffs some days! ahem.

13. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

SOH!!!!  lol  so far he gets dressed every morning!  although, part of the caregiving job involves various oils and salves etc.  you don't wanna know! 

P.S.  I'm getting the bag done, just more slowly than I ever thought possible!  Will have a photo for you soon, I promise.

...yea...i'm sure i don't want to know lol

....creating takes patience....that's all i can say....i'm very patient....maybe too relaaaaxxed these days....

see ya later...off for a ride!

14. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Thank you Mega for giving me the best laugh I've had in ages lol

The Craftastrophe blog in the Craft Blogs section is well worth a look.

"I’d love to stay here and share countless witty observations about this fetching accessory, but I can’t suppress my overwhelming urge to scurry to the nearest mall and buy a new sports bra.  Scratch that, I’m going to replace all my bras with those terrifying, uber-supportive eighteen hour numbers.  I’d like to keep my girls sitting above the waist, thanks very much."

http://craftastrophe.net/2010/10/pom-poms-hang/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)