Where to get copyright images for my hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (27 posts)
  1. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

I tried to get free images from some free photo sites. But they ask me to put source credit to site or to the profile of image owner.

I can. But the problem is we can't link to outside domain for more than 2 times from our hub.

My question is

1. How to solve this problem?

2. Where to get free images for the hub without violating any copyright problem?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Re. 1:

I don't see a problem. Image credits and URL can be placed beneath the image while editing the image capsule. These are not hyperlinks, and it has nothing to do with linking to an external domain as regards "overly promotional."

You can link to multiple domains, as long as you don't link to the same domain more than twice.

1. profile image0
        TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some sites make it compulsory to post hyperlinks instead of just mentioning the source.

1. profile image0

Just post the hyperlink once. Use an asterix or the like in the captions to point to the hyperlink.

1. profile image0

Thanks for your quick reply. Can you give me an example? I don't know what you are saying.

or see my last hub"Texas criminal records" and tell me what is wrong with that?

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your photo credit links don't count towards that limit.  Anyway, the rule is no more than 2 times to the SAME domain.

1. profile image0

No. when editing the image capsule it says the source URL also counted for overly promotion.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.sxc.hu is a great source for free pictures, just make sure you read the blurb for use.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks. I've never seen this one. smile

3. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you own a digital camera?  My best source of images are pictures I take myself.

1. profile image0

This method is not good for all niches. We can't shoot photos for all niches we have. Am i right?

3. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years ago

Photoxpress has free images.

4. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I use Wikimedia Commons a lot, but they don't always have a good selection for the topic I want.  I put in "free images" on HP and found quite a few hubs on that topic.

http://hubpages.com/search/free+images

5. profile image0
      Hovalisposted 13 years ago

I use morguefile for most of mine, as they have an excellent selection, or flickr creative commons, but they do require attribution at the very least.

For all of these sites you need to read and follow their TOS on what they require in exchange for the free image. Some require nothing - morguefile don't for their free images, and even provide an image editor if you want to cut the image before posting it, some require attribution, and/or a link back to the site in exchange for the photo.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I gave credits for 3 images in a couple of hubs from the same place. Also, they are not live links.

7. waynet profile image70
      waynetposted 13 years ago

I'm in the process of compiling all my own photos for my own hubpages, as I don't want other peoples photos on my hubpages anymore, so yeah a good digital camera is essential for this!

8. theirishobserver. profile image60
      theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

All writing on hub pages is already copyright smile

9. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

I checked the hub, that looks fine. What you have beneath the image is a real hyperlink (active), which is excellent. That the feature works this way is news to me.

If you have several images pointing to the same domain, you can write "Same URL as Image 1 above" underneath Image 2, 3 etc., to avoid too many hyperlinks.

1. profile image0

What if need to link to same domain from different hub images? It should be problem because overly promotional rule come into play.

1. profile image0

That is precisely why I gave you the suggestions that I just gave you. All images will be properly referenced, but only one hyperlink is needed - namely that beneath the first image, to which the others will be referring.

Image 1
          Credit: "Example Artist A"
          URL: "ww..yoursource.com.." (a hyperlink)

Image 2
          Credit: "Example Artist B"
          URL: "See Image 1 above" (no hyperlink)

Image 3
          Credit: "Example Artist A"
          URL: "See Image 1 above" (no hyperlink)

1. profile image0

Thanks for your detailed example. But still i am confused and sorry for disturbing you more.

For example I have 10 hubs, each hub has 1 image. All 10 images are taken same site. Hyperlink must be given all 10 images.

If i put hyperlink to the site ( from all of 10 hubs ) it should be overly promotion site.

Because I am linking to the same site for more than 2 times from collective of my hubs.

What to do?

Expecting your advice.

1. profile image0

I wouldn't worry about it. I believe that HubPages will know how to distinguish these photo sites from other websites. I do not expect that you will be flagged as overly promotional, because the moderators can see that you are linking to a photo site. In the unlikely event that you got flagged, simply contact HubPages, explain that the links are necessary to give image credits, and ask them to remove the flags.

1. profile image0

Thanks lot for your valuable advice and suggestions.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
              Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I use Flickr photos in every single one of my Hubs, without exception. Most of them have at least two photos.  I hyperlink to the photographer's photostream every time.  I have never had a problem. 

I suspect HP must have some way of excluding the big photo sites from the overly promotional flag, or many Hubbers would be in trouble!

10. waynet profile image70
      waynetposted 13 years ago

It's the same with YouTube videos, I often include 4 or 5 of my YouTube videos and I don't get flagged, because I can do a few drawing video tutorials in parts and these are needed to see the progression of a drawing, so with photos it could be the same thing, especially if you have a vested interest in displaying relevant photos.

11. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 13 years ago

As the images and their URLs are in a separate capsule it must be easier than easy for HP to recognise that the URLs  are not promotional.

12. cascoly profile image61
      cascolyposted 13 years ago

I've only been on hubages for a  few weeks, but i've had a website since the mid 90s.  I'm an avid photographer & traveler.

I allow anyone to use my images on their website or hubpages by including a link to my site http://pix-now.com

For hubpages, you only need to include the link once - for any other images, you can just include a copyright statement.

I concentrate on travel and microstock, so my portfolio is heavily oriented towards travel, nature, food, animals, etc.

steve

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)