Who will be the World Series 2010 Champion?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (19 posts)
  1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Tx Rangers or the SF Giants? Both are underdogs and managed to slugged the two top teams - Yankees and the Phillies..

Of course I will be rooting for the Rangers! It is time to make history!

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Texas will win but not in 4 games smile

prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi mtsi, I was a little bit frustrated when they lost last night, but the SF team support and play are great!

2. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Rangers all the way!

3. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

its going to be close both teams are almost the same. I think it will come down to how well the 3rd and 4th starters pitch. Hunter is a great all around pitcher and could easily be there number 2 starter while bumgarner is an impressive rookie that has shown geat promise.

4. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Go Rangers! Maybe we can win the World Series Championship.

5. LakeShow T profile image73
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

This is a virtual toss-up. The Giants are the hot team right now, as they had to get on a roll at the end of the season just to make the playoffs on the final day I believe. On the other hand, the Rangers just took down arguably the two best teams in baseball in the Yankees and Rays. I am not really rooting for one team or the other, but I think I will predict the Giants take the series but it is really just so close that I don't have much to base that opinion on.

6. KristenGrace profile image59
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Definitely Rangers!

7. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

As stated above, the real victories have already been had in the playoffs. Besting the Yankees and the Phillies is pretty darned impressive.
    It will be a well-matched competition and honestly could go either way.
    Just nice to see some "fresh blood" in there this year!

Gotta say, Benjie Molina's gotta be laughing his butt off. What do they say, revenge is a dish best served at 96 mph lol

1. I am DB Cooper profile image64
      I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And even though I'm sure he'd prefer to win a ring with his current team, he'll get a championship ring either way since he's played for both teams this season.

8. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

I think the Rangers win it with their aggressiveness. They beat the Yankees by playing with a boldness the Yankees haven't seen all season. They stole bases, they tagged from first base on a fly ball from center, they scored from second base on a ground ball out on the infield, they executed a run-scoring delayed double steal. These are things that drive defenses and pitchers crazy.

The Yankees were excellent this season at fielding balls hit off a bat, but they crumbled when forced to actually think out there (1st and 3rd situation, guy on first is stealing, what do I do?). That's what Ron Washington baseball will do to a team.

9. Mighty Mom profile image78

OMG, well it's 8-2 SF in the 5th.
    I know, there are other games to be played, but this is an amazing start!

10. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Congrats SF Giants for winning the first game. Hope the Rangers will catch up tonight!

11. bogerk profile image70
    bogerkposted 13 years ago

It's starting to look like the San Francisco Giants might have this thing wrapped up. Pitching wins championships and they have the better staff. To be honest, I did pick Texas at the start though.

me too, still hoping Rangers can pull it tonight, if not, goodbye and they will both rest for the season. The odds are not good as what Mr Paul Edmondson stated.

12. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

San Francisco needs to win one game on the road. If they don't, I think it will be tough to close the series out.

13. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

This was just IMed to me.

Of the 44 teams trailing 3-1 entering Game 5, only six won the World Series. However, the odds are even worse if the current home team is trailing 3-1, as the Rangers are. Of the 20 teams exactly in the Rangers' spot, only the 1958 Yankees and 1979 Pirates came back to win three straight, with the final two being on the road. Making matters more daunting, in the case of Texas, they lost the first two games by the Bay by a combined score of 20-7.

Like a needle then, Whew. We will know tonight if both teams will rest early... Thank you for that information!

14. Mighty Mom profile image78

I'm glad the Rangers were able to win their home opener.
    I'm also glad the Giants are now 3-1.
    What I would LIKE to see is Rangers take tonight's game then bring the series back to SF to finish.
    I'm not ready for it to end yet!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)