My hub has been copied and he indirectly refused to remove it.

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Susan Ng profile image83
    Susan Ngposted 13 years ago

Help! I need some advice. Another one of my hubs has been copied verbatim with all the pictures, and the one who copied it indirectly refused to remove it.

Three days ago I left a comment on his site politely asking him to remove my article but got no response for two days. This prompted me to file a DMCA copyright infringement notice to Google Adsense since there are Google ads on his site. I left another comment telling him this.

Today I checked back on the site and found that he deleted my two comments but did not remove my article. I cannot find any Flag or Report Abuse features on his site. What do I do now? sad

1. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Go to that hub and flag by giving the reason of copy content of my hub and give link of your hub. You can also write this to teal@hubpges.com and also give your hub link

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This information is not helpful. It is not HubPages' responsibility to help resolve problems with hubs that have been copied elsewhere. The OP handled the issue correctly.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

See if you can find out who is hosting the site, then file a DMCA with them. You may be able to find this by doing a WHOIS search for the domain name in question.

3. Susan Ng profile image83

Thanks for the prompt reply. But how do I do a WHOIS search? yikes

4. profile image0
  5. Susan Ng profile image83

Thanks. This is what came up. Which field will tell me who's hosting his site? yikes

WHOIS information for marketingbyraj.com :

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
    [whois.verisign-grs.com]

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
    with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
    for detailed information.

Domain Name: MARKETINGBYRAJ.COM
       Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
       Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
       Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
       Name Server: NS409.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM
       Name Server: NS410.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM
       Updated Date: 10-sep-2009
       Creation Date: 10-sep-2009
       Expiration Date: 10-sep-2011

<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
    registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
    currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration
    date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring
    registrar.  Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to
    view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois
    database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
    automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
    modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
    Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
    information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
    about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
    guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
    by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
    for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
    to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
    unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
    or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
    that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
    repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
    prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
    use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
    query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
    domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
    to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to ensure
    operational stability.  VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access to the
    Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
    reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
    Registrars.

6. profile image0

Probably Godaddy.com, which is the registrar.

Try running the offending website URL through this service as well:

http://www.whoishostingthis.com

7. almurray profile image68
    almurrayposted 13 years ago

This site is hosted by GoDaddy.com

8. Susan Ng profile image83

All right. Thanks, Website Examiner and almurray. Now I go to GoDaddy.com.

9. Susan Ng profile image83

I've already emailed a DMCA copyright infringement notice to GoDaddy.com. I hope they take action promptly. Again, thank you very much for your help, Website Examiner and almurray. smile

10. profile image0

Good luck to you! At least that is a major hosting provider.

11. Susan Ng profile image83

Okay, now I need help in determining the infringing site's web hosting provider. yikes This is the reply I got from GoDaddy:

"Although the domain name MARKETINGBYRAJ.COM is registered through GoDaddy, the website itself (which is separate from the domain name registration) is hosted elsewhere and we have no control over the website or its content. Any issues regarding the content of the website will either need to be addressed directly to the owner of the site or to the web hosting provider (who should be in a position to assist you with your concerns).

To determine who the web hosting provider is, you can use a publicly-available tool like http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php. This tool will give you the resolving IP address which can then be compared to ARIN.net's (http://www.arin.net) IP allocation database. This will give you the relevant information for the true hosting provider."

I don't know how to do what's suggested in the second paragraph. sad

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Susan, please calm down, there's no need to start so many different threads about this!

First, are you sure the website owner deleted your comments?  The site may be set up so your comments have to be approved before they appear.  How much time did you give him to respond?  Do you know what time zone he's in?

If you've given him two or three days to get back to you, then it's time to report him to Adsense.  You do that by clicking on the small "Google" logo on any of his ads.  Once again, you won't get a quick response - Google's staff have lots to do besides attending to one person's complaint.  So give them a week or so before you waste your time taking things further.

I wouldn't worry about chasing up with GoDaddy until you've given Adsense time.

12. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 13 years ago

It's horrible when this happens but sadly it happens a lot!

Have you emailed a DMCA take down notice to the domain server? My Whois came up with a domain server for websitewelcome.com and you can email them at abuse@websitewelcome.com.

Hope this helps.

Andre

1. Susan Ng profile image83
      Susan Ngposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If domain server and web hosting provider are the same thing, then I have not sent a DMCA notice to them because I don't know who they are. tongue Anyway, thank you for taking the time to help, but I think I'll just relax and give Adsense some time to act on my email for now. Hehe. smile

2. Susan Ng profile image83
      Susan Ngposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't help but email websitewelcome.com the other night and you were right. They are the site's hosting provider. They emailed me back saying that their client has removed my article and indeed it has been. They responded in two days. Thank you for leading me to the right direction, Andre. smile

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You did a fine job!

13. Susan Ng profile image83

Hi, Marisa. I am calm, you know. I just tend to be obsessive-compulsive and very thorough. Hehe. tongue About the comments, I concluded that my first two were deleted since they were there for a couple of days before they disappeared. I left two new comments last night and I can still see them there now.

It's been four days. The previous sites that have copied my hubs removed them within two days after my asking. But if you're saying that it's normal for it to go on this long, then I'll ease up on the pressure I'm applying to the infringer. I did already report the site to Adsense a couple of days ago. smile

Thanks for all your advice, guys. I appreciate it. smile

14. Susan Ng profile image83

Thanks, Website Examiner. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)