20 clicks from Adsense not worth much

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (29 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 13 years ago

I had about 20 clicks that are worth $3.64. This seems very low for that many. Is it possible that google does not credit all clicks right away, cause last month something strange happened. At the end of the month I had day where I made about 8-10 times more than normal.

I like the amount of clicks I been getting, but there either not being accounted for or are not worth much. Somebody once mentioned that google eventually gives you higher paid ads to suit your content when you get more established.

Another strange thing is that my daily earnings have almost been the exact same number. (I MEAN VERY CLOSE)

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Some of the clicks could be invalid ones or the ads might have a low CPC.

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that there is sometimes a time lag as to credited amounts.

David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wish I knew for sure, cause I don't know if I should expect a good amount of revenue later on or bad. I been consistently writing hubs each day to try and keep progressing.

2. Peter-Jan Celis profile image61
      Peter-Jan Celisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A time lag in Google adsense credited amounts would be awesome!

I only have 2 clicks so far and first had 2 cents and over the last few days it's up to 5 cents.

I was thinking:
      A) That CPC was pathetic despite me doing some keyword research
      B) That there was also money for impression buys instead of clicks

Maybe you are pointing to the real answer, very motivating!

1. christoss1959 profile image60
        christoss1959posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Keywords are usually misinformative and country dependent.
        You can check how much they charge for specific keywords if you subscribe for a google adwords account and estimate how much you will earn. But even that does not guarantee that google will put the keyword you were aiming for in the website..

4. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

I always seem to get a few days at a time when my CPC is really low, and then it goes up again.  These things seem to go in waves - I wouldn't worry about it too much.

5. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Clicks can be worth very little on some pages.  I see a wide range on my pages, from one cent on up through several dollars.  Many days are very similar amounts and so are many months.     

It waxes and wanes.  I have been collecting from them since 2003  and it is what it is.

So you have been with adsense since it began then?

1. Pcunix profile image92
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just about. Summer  of 2003. 

It paid better then - less people doing it.  I made $1,000 a month immediately and with less views than I get now.

I have a hub about it if you are interested.

I'll check it out.

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi PCunix! I wish I had started with adsense back then.
      I owned an offline business in a small niche market in 2003, and it was so easy to keep myself on the front page I never paid Google a cent. I had not even heard of adsense then. smile

It may not have been available outside of the US.  Even today, you guys get treated differently.

1. earnestshub profile image80

That is true. Amazon pays us with credits and adsense pays out at AU$150.00 That is interesting now that the AUD is higher than the USD at $1.1.

Funny thing is Australia has one of the highest per capita users  of the web. smile

6. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the imput and advice Pcunix. Good job.

7. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

I think you probably just have to find topics that pay better. 18 cents per click isn't very high, but it isn't remarkably low either, so that is probably roughly what you can expect to keep on getting. It is true that it can go up a bit over time though so you may see some improvements.

Yeah, I would probably be fine with 38-50 cents per click. It seems a lot of clicks are either 20 cents, or I am getting clicks that are no valid, and maybe my clicks are worth more slightly...

8. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

There is nothing wrong with getting a one cent click if you get it enough times it can add up to one higher paying one.

Yeah thats true. Last month I was getting days where it was between 1-2 dollars with 2 clicks

9. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Last week I got 2500 impressions in a day and had around 100 clicks, yesterday I had 1600 impressions and had 100 clicks and today I've had 1100 impressions and only about 30 clicks, very weird day today!

10. Thriller profile image61
    Thrillerposted 13 years ago

The sad fact about online advertising is that while the inventory has exploded at a phenomenal pace, the ad budgets have remained constant so the average CPC (cost per click)is going down all the time. Thus you see just $3.34 for 20 clicks.

11. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

My clicks are paying quite well actually, and getting better all the time. smile

1. Thriller profile image61
      Thrillerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's because you run a adwords campaign and compete for the high CPC keywords but folks like us who just rely on content and SEO have to bear the brunt of low CPC keywords

1. earnestshub profile image80

No, I wasn't talking about the adwords campaigns, I mean here on hubpages where I have to fend for myself. smile

The high CPC keywords we use on my daughter's site are getting a lot cheaper though, as the business site is getting a higher PR. Google charges a fortune for good keywords until you get your skills up and established with age and top content on your websites. smile

12. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

For some reason so far this month my clicks have been low, and I get almost all of them on my own websites.

Last month was my best yet so I was looking forward to doing even better this month. But unless the CPC goes up it will not be.

I guess those political ads last month were high paying. hmm

I had $54.00 just from Adsense alone yesterday and $32 on Sunday which is VERY unusual.

Almost all of that was from my Unix site, but well scattered so I can't point to any particular area that caused it.  All over the map, in fact.

Wow, that's pretty crazy lol.

13. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

You are actually looking at about average for teh click value on small publisher websites, I don't think it is anything to worry about. What you do need to focus on is getting more clicks.

14. jikanv profile image60
    jikanvposted 12 years ago

I am not getting any credit for clicks. I have several sites and the clicks are shown but no credit whatsoever. I guess google has became a cheating company and not worth signing up with them. So I am considering to do stop business with them all together.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)