China Made Laptops

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)
  1. thetalkmark profile image53
    thetalkmarkposted 13 years ago

This time they have their old and new version of laptops. Another replica of the famous macbook which is very expensive, sony VA10, HP etc. Their prices are way to far from the original manufacturers. But the big question is: Is it worth it to buy these cheap china laptops? 

Here are specifications:     

CPU: Intel lingdong Atom N270 1.6G
    Memory: DDR2 533 1GB
    Hard Disk: 160G SATA
    Main board: Intel 945GSE+ICH7-M
    Size Of Screen: 12.1 inch TFT
    HHD : 9.5MMH 2.5INCH,160GB
    Display card: Intel 945GSE ( enough to use 3D games )
    Video card: High Definition Audio Codec ALC622
    Camera : 1.3Mega pixel
    WI � FI : Yes
    Weight : 1.2kg
    WLAN : Wi-Fi RTL8012E 10/100M
    Input Volt: 100-240V AC 60W
    Standby : 3�5 hours
    Color : White
    I/O Port : USB 2.0 X 3
    Card reader X 1 (SD/MC/Mmc/MS-Pro)
    RJ-45 X 1
    MIC X 1
    Displyer port X 1
    Earphone X 1
    Adapter X 1

1. bsscorpio8 profile image59
      bsscorpio8posted 13 years agoin reply to this

DO NOT BUY REPLICAS!!!!!

2. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

I am in China and everyone around me has Chinese laptops - and they seem to all work just fine.  As China is making most of the worlds 'bits' it is hardly surprising that they can make the same thing for much less, it is much the same thing.  AS long as they do not put somebody elses name on it there is no problem I think ?

I suppose.

3. jondav profile image70
    jondavposted 13 years ago

problem is that if something goes wrong with it are you going to get any support at all?

In China?

2. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The support in China is excellent from what I have seen so far, for all main brands except HP which seems to have a 'don't give a @@it' policy.

But then they are all in competition with a million backstreet 'experts' who also fix most things with ease and quickly and cheap.  True capitalist competition at work, damn!!  these communists do that so well big_smile

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

How much are those cheap laptops? If they are affordable, I'd buy one. The warranty isn't that important. I forego the warranty I had on this laptop by buying it in the UK and keeping it in Spain. Some things have gone wrong - like the cd drive won't play disks anymore - but it was too awkward to get repairs done under warranty from a foreign country. Could have bought a laptop here but they insist on loading the Spanish versions of Windows and I wanted it in English.

1. profile image0

A good one, or high spec, can be up to 10,000 Yuan which is about 1000 quid - but there are much cheaper or lower spec more for working tools at around 4000 Yuan or 400 quid.  The higher specs seem to revolve around extra fast for games etc. which is not necessary for writing and online etc.

And they will load it with whatever you want in whatever language you want if you go to the bigger stores.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not that much cheaper then. This laptop is top spec (or was when I bought it) for £499.

1. profile image0

Maybe.  I will go look next time I am near one of the computer malls and report back.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Thanks smile

5. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

In laptops I prefer the branded ones (Toshiba or HP) although all my friends have made in China laptops and works just the same.

1. profile image0

All the same bits inside I guess.

6. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

If you are good with computers, including laptop repair, go ahead and save money by buying a made in China laptop. You should be able to figure out if the components are up to par or not. Unlike some other items, these computers are not really rip-offs, but more like rebranding or "unbranding" of name brand computers at a fraction of the price. One thing to consider is whether or not the operating system is genuine. If you're just getting a pirated version of a popular OS, you might run into problems down the road. Also, are Macbook replicas just PC laptops made to look like a Macbook? I would think Apple would have tight-enough control over their suppliers to prevent replica laptops from running Apple software.

Hey!!! I have a MacBook Pro!! I would feel that no replica could touch it.I  do know that when building a computer, I would bypass "affordable" Chinese parts, though for just light use such as the internet and writing, I would not see any problems with "THE CHINESE REPLICAS".

7. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

Just an aside - There is a chinese brand of motorbike that seems to have many Chinese 'brand' names on the tank, but in English or Pinyin.  The most popular may be the real name is Jinfen (or something like)  The best one I have seen to date has Honda colours and livery and acroos the tank in pure Honda style is    Honest

8. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I was shocked at how cheap I was able to buy an ipad and the pharmacy, but then I realized it was made by tampex sad

1. IzzyM profile image87

big_smile big_smile big_smile

9. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I came back to this thread because the very concept of any cheap laptop aroused my interest.
    Anyway I couldn't find any, but what I did find were mini-laptops with just 7" screens, running Windows CE and having tiny 2Gb hard drives on sale on Ebay for about £50 ($60-70). They come with about three USB and other ports and wi-fi built-in. Am tempted to splash the cash just to try them out - I mean they couldn't get much cheaper could they?
    They're shipped from China and the returns policy is you pay your own postage - which could be costly.

10. thetalkmark profile image53
    thetalkmarkposted 13 years ago

Thanks for your posts, the cost is really cheap compared to the original ones. Ex. the original Macbook Pro 13-inch: 2.4GHz costs $1300 but the China made version costs only $350. Really cheap isn’t it? but one piece of advice, once you buy it or give this as gift, Take really extra careful of using it.. Otherwise, it will cost triple once it will be repaired. I am planning to buy soon as well, just for back up if in case my laptop breaks down.

11. profile image52
    theipadtesterposted 13 years ago

I use a Toshiba.I do not have much problem with it except for the fact that it gets heated up pretty too quickly and i dont get many places where they service it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)