truck won't srart

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

engine spins   no fuel getting to ck valve on injector bar.  test lighted indicates wires on fuel pump getting current.

Put new fuel pump in it.  still no fuel  Roll over safety switch not tripped.
    Wherever the regulator is ??  can it prevent any fur from reaching check valve on bar to injectors?

This is making me crazy...er

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Check all fuses and relays. If your engine has a cam belt, make sure it isn't broken.  Good luck!

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No fuel coming our to the valve that you would ck fuel pressure if it had any.  elect current is getting back to furl pump.

took tank out and wired direct to battery and it does pump gas into bucket. Installed new pump any way.

reinstall tank and hook everyghtin up   still no gas??

2. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In line fuel filters? Check them. can be more than one. never heard of more than three. Depends on your setup. Easy to clean, but that sounds like a possibility. Carburator or fuel injected? If carbed, then you can attempt to siphon gas up the line from the engine compart. Tricky, but I've done it. Fuel injectors? How long dry? They tend to stick. If that's it, mabe a little starting fluid would help. Auto starter that is.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Empty gas tank?  Dirty fuel filter?  Broken pickup line in tank?  Degraded rubber fuel line? New bad fuel pump?

Fuel pump exterior to tank - is fuel reaching the pump?

Fuel pump in tank - does it pump fuel out of the tank to nearest connection?

3. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

This could be a computer problem.  Check the fuel line connection where it enters the injector pump.  If no fuel exits when the switch is on there is either a relay or computer problem.  Just guessing of course.

4. Jerami profile image58

Empty gas tank? 
      Put 8 gal back in it when reinstalling tank

Dirty fuel filter?  ......- - - -
    installed new filter.
    =====================
    Broken pickup line in tank?  Degraded rubber fuel line? New bad fuel pump?
    - - - -
       put two new pumps in it.
    - - - -
    Fuel pump exterior to tank - is fuel reaching the pump?
    - - - -
      Fuel pump in tank - does it pump fuel out of the tank to nearest connection?

- - - - -
      only when hotwired to batery.  and tank on the ground.

There is a zigmo on intake manifold  that makes a funny noise for a second when key is first turned on, is that a regulator?     and would that shut off fuel to check valve on injector bar?

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This could be an idle sensor, not sure though.  Check the firing!

2. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes it would.  I would go with Randy on this one - it is a computer or controlling 'chip' problem

The other option is to get a big hammer and smash it all into little tiny pieces - won't help the starting but makes you feel much better big_smile

Never have enjoyed temper tantrums.
        They never feel good even while I'm in one.  then reality sets in 

Always feels better if I find the problem.

Come to think about it it might be the key.

I had lost a key and had one made.  the new one turnes the motor over but won't start the truck.

Maybe there isn't getting enough electrical (AMP) to the pump?

5. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Have you tested to see if the engine is firing?  Some setups prevent fuel from flowing if the spark isn't present.

I did have a problem similar to this when the oil in the crankcase was a quart low  wonder is that could be stuck.

Truck only has about 70.000 miles on it  never before had any trouble with it of any kind.

Seems like it has gotta be something too simple.
          If I knew what it was I might bypass it.
          Haven't checked spark plug wires.   
        When it first gave trouble I would be driving it and shut it off.  Never died from lack of fuel. 

I might think ignition switch, except some fire is getting to pump.    And it only gave trouble after shutting it off and then try to restart.

Now a taurus is doing the same thing but I'm not touching it till I ge this one figured out.

6. Jerami profile image58

does the fuel pump ground wire return back through the regulator to be grounded?

If so can a bad regulator prevent the fuel pump from working?
      Maybe I should just replace it but I hate just buying parts that do not fix anything!!

7. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

Have you checked the belt Randy mentioned?

Happened to me once and took it to the shop, the guy had me attempt to start car and knew it was the belt right away.

Kind of makes a whining noise.

I think the belt Randy is talking about is in reference to timming belt which turns the cam which the pump is riding on.
      My pump is in the tank.  Electricy coming to it but not running the pump.   Gotta be an open ground some where I think?

8. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

I spent three hours today digging my sister's car out of the snow smile so I know how you feel smile

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4197009_f248.jpg

I used to live in country like this picture. 
        Beautiful.

After 35 years in texas I hate it when the temp gets under 40.   I used to like playing out in it.  But couldn't handle it any more.

9. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

Its the timing belt I was thinking of.

Winding instead of whining.

10. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

Jim your lucky - I had to move two ton of snow and ice smile

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I spent 300 so I don't feel that lucky.

But, you're right snow sucks.

11. profile image50
    dennis_brownposted 12 years ago

Pool distribution  represents a superior and cost effective alternative to the high cost of LTL shipments. Instead of LTL direct, pool distribution orders are shipped to a regional terminal in a volume shipment.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)