Vikings vs. Giants - How will the change of venue effect the game?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)
  1. kingis profile image68
    kingisposted 13 years ago

As you may know, the New York Giants vs. Minnesota Vikings game will be played in Detroit due to the damage early this morning to the Metrodome in Minneapolis from the winter storms hitting much of the country.  Here is the video below:

So, who do you think will win the game?

1. bogerk profile image70
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After the Green Bay Packers pathetic showing against the Detroit Lions on Sunday, I definitely want the Minnesota Vikings to win, but, I think New York is back on a roll and should win rather easily.

2. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 13 years ago

I think the Giants will still win, it is still a road game for them, and maybe they may end up with more fans in the crowd in Detroit. With Favre in or out of the game, the Giants just need to stop AP and continue their pressure on the QB.

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

Benefits the Giants. They were already expecting an away game.

4. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
    PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

This is coming from a MN girl now- Vikes are done! Their season is threw, so it really doesnt matter. Dome or no Dome, they will still lose....

5. LakeShow T profile image73
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

I don't understand why the game wasn't just moved to the new University of Minnesota TCF Stadium. Sure, it seats 14,000 fans less, but Minnesota would still have the home-field advantage that they are supposed to be entitled to. It's not like the 50,000 seat stadium would not be big enough for a game that will be played in -30 degree wind-chills, with a home team that is out of the playoff race, and at a time it was not scheduled for. It will be interesting to see how many people show up to see the game in Detroit. I doubt it would be over 50,000, but if next weeks game against the Bears gets moved to Detroit as well, then you might as well call that a home game for the Bears.

6. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

It wasn't moved to the U of M stadium because it would have taken too long to set up for an NFL broadcast and the Giants were prepared to play an indoor game, so they didn't bring outdoor cleats.

And they are giving away tickets to the game, so I doubt they will have any trouble filling the stadium.

1. LakeShow T profile image73
      LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good information there. I guess there were pros and cons either way. It sounds like the NFL and the Vikings will be losing some big bucks either way. I'm glad these next two weeks do not have playoff implications for the Vikings because that would have been one heck of a disadvantage.

The next two weeks however do have widespread playoff implications for NFC playoff contenders, such as the Giants, Bears,  Packers, and perhaps even the Bucs. The Giants and Bears probably have to feel pretty good about not having to face the Vikings Metrodome advantage, while the Packers are probably not too happy, as they have turned into Viking fans as the Vikes face the Giants and Bears, who the Pack are contending against for playoff spots.

7. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

It helps the Giants more than the Vikings. There won't be as many Vikings fans as there would have been at the Metrodome, and the Metrodome is also one of the loudest stadiums in the world. The Brett Favre situation won't matter either way. The Giants aren't going to tell the press this, but I think they'd rather see Brett Favre start. The Vikings are a much worse team with him as QB at this point.

As for the question of why this game wasn't moved to TCF Stadium to preserve home field advantage for the Vikings, remember that the league is not obligated to give a team this entitlement, especially when there are defects in that team's home stadium. It's not the Giants fault that the Vikings have a poor stadium. This isn't the first time the roof has collapsed at the Metrodome either, so this shouldn't be a complete surprise. The Vikings either need to get a new stadium or they need to move (Los Angeles is desperate for a team and they are ready to build a stadium in Industry).

8. AskAshlie3433 profile image59
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

I think it is an advantage fro Brett Farve. It will feel like an away game for both teams. This gives Farve another day of rest. New York is good at times but they don't show up every week. Minnesota has a slim chance but probably will miss the post season. Should be a decent game though. Farve's stats at Ford Field are unbelievable.

9. rotl profile image59
    rotlposted 13 years ago

The Giants are so unpredictable, and now they're gonna be pissed that they had to visit 10 different cities in the last 48 hours. I think Lesie Frazier's got something going... Vikings win.

1. jobister profile image60
      jobisterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope the Vikings win, but the Giants defense will be too much for whoever is going to be playing QB for Vikings.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)