your view on brett farve

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (19 posts)
  1. AskAshlie3433 profile image62
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

What do you guys think will happer? Will he play again?

1. bogerk profile image69
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think he is done for the season. Both games against Green Bay are done, the playoffs are out of reach and he is pretty banged up.

He won't retire until the season is over, because, let's face it, he gets paid $1 Million + every week he stays in the league. But, it looks like the end of an era is approaching in the NFL.

I am a lifetime Green Bay fan and once HUGE fan of Brett Favre, so it is a little bittersweet, but, I think as time passes he will come back to the Packers, all will be resolved and these last few years can be put behind us GB fans.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

He probably shouldn't. Although he had a couple great games this season, at this point it's pretty clear that he can't be consistently effective. Add to that the fact that he's averaging about 1 new injury per game and it's pretty clear he's done. His last injury was actually pretty rare, so I'm not sure how well a QB can recovery from that. He injured tissue that connects the shoulder to the breastplate, which is usually an injury that occurs when drivers crash their car and slam their chest into the steering wheel.

3. jobister profile image61
    jobisterposted 13 years ago

Well he is not starting, the streak is over and now he can retire. I hope he does for his own sake.

4. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

The news are declaring his reign is over.
    Personally, I think he should have stepped down gracefully last year. This feels so... messy, somehow.

5. Hugh Williamson profile image76
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

I'm watching the Vikes play now and they better hope he heals fast.

I don't believe he'll retire until no one will hire him.

6. kingis profile image69
    kingisposted 13 years ago

I hope he finally retires but I like to see the Bears stick it to him next Monday night.

7. rickyrt44 profile image60
    rickyrt44posted 13 years ago

I think we all want to see him do good but with this last injury, I have to say he needs to retire. I love the way he plays like a kid out there. You know this sport means the world to him. If he steps down, he should join some NFL broadcasters.

8. LakeShow T profile image74
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

He's going to be done. I've seen a number of people say that they believe he is going to keep playing until nobody will take him on anymore. I don't necessarily agree with that at all. This season has been a disaster for him almost more so from an injury standpoint than an effectiveness standpoint. He's just not going to put himself through it again. It doesn't really matter though because it has come to the point where no team would pick him up. All of the contending teams obviously have good QBs already and the young and rebuilding teams are not going to do so with a beat up 41 year old QB. He wouldn't take a job with a team that wouldn't contend anyways.

I say kudos to him for being a warrior for so long. He may have been a QB that threw a lot of games away with costly INTs, but with him as a QB his teams always had a chance to win and you could feel confident they would win week in and week out.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I am a fan of Favre and he will always be one of the best QB ever, one who played with enthusiasm and gave his all to every game.

10. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Stick a fork in 'im.  He's done.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Think he will start again on Monday..

11. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

Favre is still sharp . His mind can perform but his body cannot anymore.That he has made it this far is already a miracle. I have come to the conclusion that I think Favre is scared to let go because this is the only thing he knows how to do. I used to think it was his ego. But for his own good it's time to pack it in.

12. rotl profile image61
    rotlposted 13 years ago

Favre needs to go home and stay home. I'm sick of the soap opera. He is such an attention whore. I have lost all respect for Favre over the last two years. Bye bye Brett.

13. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I think he's stayed around way too long.  He should have gone out when he left GB and was still in his glory.  Watching the slow death of his career that he's chosen for himself now is torture.  And this has nothing to do with anything except that I have to say it... he so needs to shave. That nasty stubble he's got going on makes him look so old and grizzled.  Every time I see him I just want to toss some spare change into his helmet.

14. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

I think he's done. He's completely worn out his welcome in football, and even his respect among his team mates is waning from what I can determine. The other team's main ambition was to take him out, and they did, and now he can be on the Injured Reserve list and collect a huge salary with benefits for doing nothing.

He is and was and will be a spoiled brat who makes a lot of noise. It kind of ruins the fact that he is/was so able and talented. At least for me it does.

15. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

He should have retired last year, or the year before that, or the year before that, or...wait, he did!  Then, he changed his mind. hmm

Brett Favre should have accepted the fact that he's no longer twenty-something, retired with full glory for his accomplishments, and let the newer & younger players have the field to 'try' and beat his record.  As it is, he's like the #1 record holder, right?  After this season, he'll be the laughing stock #1 record holder who didn't understand the concept of a washed up has-been before becoming one.

(sorry, I'm SICK TO DEATH of hearing about BF!!)

16. Me, Steve Walters profile image78
    Me, Steve Waltersposted 13 years ago

Love the above comment....Brett Who? lol Some folks live where they got other football matters to worry about...that are more pressin'. Give the guy his kudos and ask him to politely leave stage right...not in shame...but for all he's accomplished. Then, let the younger ones come in and define the next era of the Sport...for Pete's Sake!

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ain't gonna happen, for Pete or anyone else's sake. It's gonna be an ugly breakup with some post-relationship stalking.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)