RSS Feed

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

Hi,

I'd like to create a feed for all my comic-con hubs. That's because I work each year and also, sometimes, cover for the press. So, I thought I'd create some and then put it in a feed. I will add to it every year. I also still have a lot to add because I've got hundreds of photos that I would have to scan because photos weren't always digital.

Can someone tell me how to do it, please?

Thank you so very much!

1. simeonvisser profile image68
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here's an example of a feed for my HTML5 tutorials;

http://hubpages.com/author/simeonvisser … atest/?rss

You should change the username and then html5 to a tag that's on all of the hubs that you want in your feed. So make sure all those hubs have the same tag and use that to create your feed.

I only figured out days ago how to do this smile

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been trying to do that for the past three hours and haven't managed that. I went to the tags on the right side where the keywords were.Then I put in a unique word that I put in for all the other hubs that I wanted to share. Then I went out of edit and clicked on the tag. It was supposed to generate an RSS feed. For whatever reason, it didn't. I tried it so many times.

In case I'm missing something, would it be too much to ask if you can detail the exact steps in case I'm missing something very inconsequential?

Much thanks. smile

Sophia.

As far as I know you can't click somewhere on HubPages to create the RSS feed. You have to create the link to the RSS feed yourself. So take the URL that I gave you, replace my username with your username and change my html5 tag with your tag. That should be your custom RSS feed. Make sure you also have ?rss at the end.

1. profile image0

Thanks very much. I'll do that tomorrow. My head is quite done in at this point! I've done about 12 hours on Hub Pages today! wink

Thanks Simeon. Visser is an Afrikaans or Dutch name, by the way. From where do you hale?

The Netherlands so Dutch smile

Good luck with getting your RSS feeds right tomorrow!

1. profile image0

smile Goeie Nag... smile

That's Afrikaans wink

2. Anesidora profile image61
    Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

What you've mentioned is one way of doing it, but that doesn't create the feed itself. You need to apply the rss url to an RSS module. That is, assuming it is here on HP that you wish to display the feed.

It's easier just to learn the code yourself. Copy and save it and alter it as needed. The code is as simeon said

ht tp://hubpages.com/author/authorname/tag/latest hot or best/?rss

Make sure you reconnect the http, change authorname to your's, tag to your tag, and latest hot or best to whichever you wish to display.

Paste that into an RSS feed module in your hubs, or other RSS feed reader elsewhere on your blog or whatever.

Hope that helps!

3. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Edwierdo's hub on creating Rss feeds gives you step by step info on how to do it.. create the tags and wait for a few hours for them to get updated and you are on your way to having your RSS feeds smile

4. SteveoMc profile image73
    SteveoMcposted 13 years ago

sofs is right, the easiest way is to give each of your comic-con hubs a tag that is unique and is shared by your hubs.   Then click on the tag, up will come your hubs.   Then just add /?rss to the end of the URL.   

For example, I have given each of my hubs a tag that identifies them as a group:   I have given each of my technology hubs the tag stmtech.   When I click on the tag, a page comes up with only my tech hubs: //hubpages.com/tag/stmtech/hot, I left out the http: so it would not be a link here.   To change this to a RSS, just add /?rss to the end of it:  //hubpages.com/tag/stmtech/hot/?rss,  it is now an RSS.   

You can also substitute /hot/ with latest or best.
    Edweirdo's hub is:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Promote-Your-Ol … -RSS-Feeds

1. profile image0

The problem is that when I create the tags, and click on them, the hubs do not come up as a group. In fact, even though I've put in tags, and made sure that the words are in the hub itself, the hubs do not come up.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sophia, it may take several hours for HP to recognize the tags.  If you have just put them in, you might wait overnight and check again...

1. profile image0

oh, okay, well, now I have removed them. smile I didn't want my tag googdie cluttered up! smile

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Wilderness is right. Nothing shows for sometime hours after you insert the tag. If you click on the tag you get the message No hubs found. Just leave them a few hours and they'll appear.

1. profile image0

thanks Izzy. I've already put them back and will complete it tomorrow! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)