Please help with this hub

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)
  1. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

This hub mainly suggest ads can be placed in different places of hubpages. I have discussed a little bit about CTR too. In the terms of use Google prohibits to disclose any confidential information.

":7.Confidentiality:

(b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Property performance in the Program provided to You by Google;"

I did not use any data provided by Google but did an estimate in the first paragraph. Do you think it was a violation of term?

Here is the hub.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Google-Display- … ough-Rates

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As you do not have a google adsense account, I do not see how you can be violating their TOS because it prohibits you from sharing actual information provided to you by google - what can they do - close your account? lol

On the other hand - as you do not have a google adsense account - you are completely unqualified to write about this subject. wink

saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, if I take of the estimate it will be fine I think. I can only discuss the experiment with the layout then.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What experiment is this?

lol lol not actually an experiment. I thought banner ads on top of hub was a great discovery but seems like not sad

But, you know everyday at least 10 times I answer how to place the ads on top of the hub. So, I decided to write the hub. sad

2. ThomasE profile image67
      ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It may not actually violate the google ToS, but it may not exactly help you get adsense.

It was about the language... the language you are using says you know these things are true... if you change the language to say these are made up figures to illustrate your post, then there are no problems that I can see.

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Mark makes a pretty valid point. It's a bit strange to be recommending something to folks that you haven't tested yourself and verified whether it actually translates into a better CTR.

I understand it. I will thoroughly edit it. Thanks.

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

There's a big difference between knowing the pat answers that are given out on this board and actually knowing how to maximize google adsense revenue. This is becoming a sore point with me. Too many people here pretending to be experts on money making, who aren't making money.

Sorry to be the cause of your annoyance. Your point is very valid and understandable. I have taken the hub off.

But due honor to you all let me explain something. I was just trying to explain how ads can be placed in different places of a hubpage that is helpful for new hubbers. At the same time it was in my mind that I need to attract traffic from search engines and get some odd clicks [when I get an adsense]. My thought was that when someone would find this hub they would either join hubpage clicking one of my tracker or move away perhaps clicking an ad as they won't find it helpful for their website or anything they were searching for. When I am writing a hub I am not supposed to let my reader understand that I have no practical experience with the thing I am explaining. So, the tone set for the hub was to convince the reader and attract some SE traffic, not to declare myself as a self pretended expert.This is also to be noted that this is a common superstition that money related hubs make more money. I admit that I was a stupid to write this hub.

Now you would tell me to write what I know. But to be honest I neither have enough life experience nor enough knowledge to write on anything that I know well and can earn money. I can write poems and on some sensitive issues with expertise none of which helps an affiliate to earn money. I can write product hubs but on what? Will you suggest me to write on things that I have never seen in my life?

Whatever I will try to brush up myself and come up with something effective.

My apology for triggering your disgust. I hope I have clarified my side.

Happy New Year
      Thank You All

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Saleheen,

my message is just to say I am impressed by your response, honesty and integrity.

Respect to you.

Hello Mark, have a great new year and keep entertaining all. smile

2. ThomasE profile image67

Well, OK.

Why not write about how you learned english so well? What techniques did you use? What resources did you use?

Look, you can make a living out of just that suggestion. There are hundreds of millions of people who want to learn english and/or another foreign language. There is a lot of money to be made in that niche.

Where are the best places for tourists to go in your country?

Are you interested in sports? Which sports?

I don't know about your interests... what you like personally... but each and every interest you have can be turned into money.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will concentrate on these. Have a great new year.

1. ThomasE profile image67

To be honest, I hope you don't concentrate on my suggestions, I hope you write what you want to write.

If that means you can't monetize your account with adsense... that's fine: there are a hundred other ways to make money.

And I hope you have a really good, happy year.

3. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's true that some of the really big money-earners on HubPages are writing product Hubs - but that's not the only way to make money.

Look at Relache's Hubs. She pays her rent with her Hubs.  She doesn't write product Hubs, she writes about what she knows. 

Try it - write some good Hubs about a variety of subjects, monitor them for a few months and see which ones attract readers.  Then write more on those subjects.

Have you lost your Adsense account, or do you just need to qualify?

I need to qualify sad

I am trying what you have suggested. smile I hope Google will accept me soon.

If they don't I will create my own site and monetize with other affiliate networks but I will wait at least few more months before that. My current plan is to create a blog, write on different platforms and try with each one, one after one. I have more patience than Google. smile

Thank you.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
            Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In that case, if you write good content then you should have no problems.  Remember that most Hubs don't attract many readers in their first few months anyway - so even if you had Adsense, they wouldn't be earning much.  By the time you get approved, your Hubs should be getting decent traffic so will start earning straight away.

You're more likely to get accepted if you apply using your own website, provided it already has some good content, so I recommend you get to work on that now.

4. evvy_09 profile image59
        evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't see why you can't write a hub about the best ways to design a hub for maximum ad placement.  Just because you haven't made money from adsense ads doesn't mean that you don't know about them. 
        You've helped me with a couple hubs to get better ads.

4. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

I think it is not a violation as you are giving only the estimate of CTR. What I am thinking is google prohibits to disclose the actual CTR. It is my thought.

Any way my advice

You are already having some bad time in getting adsense account.

so why don't you stay away from some controversial hubs and topics.

5. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

You have so many things that you can write about that you have unique knowledge and a precious viewpoint. Try to build on that. I know it's frustrating for you to want adsense so badly and not have access. But you might have to find other ways to make money online. And as you do, that indeed might make for interesting reading.

Thank you for your opinion and support. Have a prosperous new year.

6. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

Why not regularly join the HubMob?  I don’t write much anymore since I went back to work, but HubMob has inspired most of my hubs, and given me a backlog of hub ideas. 

Many weeks I initially thought I had no interest in the topic launched on Monday.  By Wednesday, an idea would start forming.  By Friday I would have 2 or 3 ideas.  You can start reading HubMob hubs early in the week to see the different directions hubbers go with on HubMob topics.  I especially enjoy hubs that are on topic, but go in an interesting and unusual direction. 

I often have many leftover hub ideas on topics that inspire me right away.  Thanks to HubMob, I’ll never run out of ideas to write on, because HubMobs give me more ideas than I can keep up with!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)