My Best Friend's Brother Past Away Today

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (34 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

My best friend's brother past away a few hours ago from Lymphoma Cancer,
    he was 37yrs. old and is survived by his wife, 3 children ages 16,10 and 5 a
    mother and brothers and sisters who loved him. I am not trying to bring anyone
    down, but somehow we have to find a cure for cancer. Your comments will
    be sincerely appreciated, as I told her what a wonderful writing community I am
    in and I would be able to share this with all of you. If you have a story to tell please
    share and give them a little hope, that he moved onto a better place. (((Big Hugs)))
    I would certainly love to present this thread to them , as I want them to know that
    our thoughts, prayers and condolences are with them. smile smile smile

AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Reappear disappear huh????smile

1. profile image0
        TheSandmanposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm Here

1. profile image0

WE should talk my wife has cancer

1. profile image0
            1. profile image0

Hello?

oh my, we should talk as my heart is with you too!!!smile

2. profile image0
                1. profile image0
                2. AEvans profile image71

I am back wee one is nestled away, hubby is watchin T.V. what type of cancer, sandman?

1. profile image0
    2. Tom Rubenoff profile image88
      Tom Rubenoffposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My father died of cancer in 1975.  I was 19.  Since then cancer treatment has improved dramatically through research.  Support cancer research with a generous gift.

That is a great idea, and you were so young. sad

1. Tom Rubenoff profile image88
          Tom Rubenoffposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It was a long time ago, and he was sick a long time.  I am glad we have made such great strides in the treatments of so many different kinds of cancers.  We should do our part to see the progress continues.

I hope it continues as progress can be wonderful but dying so young is so sad. sad You have enlightened me.smile

2. profile image0

There is no deeper Hell thyan watching someone you love face death day after day after...my wife was first diagnosed 12 years ago

1. profile image0
              jjrubioposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Sandman thats terrible. I hope she can make it through. What type of cancer does she have?

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I will certainly be praying for all the loved ones he left behind.

Thanks Sir Dent, They need that right now and my friend Sandy has been going through all of the pictures, she is so afraid that he didn't go to see Jesus , but I have known all of them since 3rd grade, I told her I believe he did and that he was saved. Sometimes people don't let the world know, I want her to have peace and I honestly believe he did.sad

1. profile image0

I am so sorry AEVANS!

here is part of my story:
          My dad died from Non Hodgkins Lymphoma...its a terrible way to go. Very painful!  He was diagnosed in August 2002 with stage 4 cancer. He kept complaining of being tired. He woke me up and asked me to take him to the ER. I remember driving him there and walking him up to the ER with a wheelchair. Something in my head knew it was bad. He had been sick on and off for a few years and the doctors couldn't figure it out...until it was too late. He passed away September 23, 2002 ( just 2 weeks after my fiance was killed) it was the worst year of my life. But I am grateful for all the wonderful memories. My dad was the best! He taught me so much in life. And I am glad to see he is no longer suffering....I still miss him so much!!

Here's to you DAD!!! Carlos J Montanez RIP "Semper Fi"!!!!! sad

That is so sad, a double breaking of the heart, thank you so much for sharing your story.smile

2. profile image0

My Wife has been battling Cancer for 12 years the beautiful outside person she once was has gone but her soul has become more beautiful and I know will live forever

1. profile image0

that is truly a beautiful quote you said..." her soul has become more beautiful and I know will live forever[" ...truly!

2. profile image0
    TheSandmanposted 15 years ago

I had to leave for a few where are we...how about that private club...wanting to move to a happy subject

1. profile image0

I suddenly feel very alone

3. Abhishek87 profile image60
    Abhishek87posted 15 years ago

My uncle (father's older brother) died of Cancer in 02, it was the first time I witnessed the death of someone so close. You can sympathize with people, but you can Never feel it until it happens to you. I can never forget that feeling, I had heard people die (far away relatives) and had felt a pang but this was something beyond words.

4. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

Oh, oh, dear friend. So, so sorry. My heart goes out to you, your best friend, and her brother's family. It's difficult to understand why good people are called "home" so young. Having just gone through the final days of a cancer death (my father-in-law died of lymphoma one month ago), I know how painful it is. I know how painful it is to watch a cancer patient wither away. Very helpless feeling for the loved ones left behind.

This is just my opinion -- and has absolutely no basis in religious doctrine, but:  I firmly believe that anyone who has been chosen by God to leave their earthly family and die so painfully and way too young is DEFINITELY going to heaven. This poor man had already been through hell on earth. Whether or not he had a formal baptism or conversion to Jesus or whatever, trust that he made a spiritual connecttion with God/a Higher Power to guide him from this world to the next.

Sandman, I am very sorry to hear about your wife. I am adding you both to my prayers. MM

5. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

It's odd of how small and connected the world really is. My favorite uncle just passed away on February 10th of lymphoma cancer. It was a very pain full way to die and so hard to see a loved one suffer so and not be able to help. 

My thoughts go out to the young family. What a tragedy to have to die so young. And what a tragedy that he will not be here to see his children grow up.
    Kindest regards Zsuzsy

6. GiftedGrandma profile image61
    GiftedGrandmaposted 15 years ago

They are in our thoughts and prayers. I have had many deaths in my family of late and the loss is tremendous, but know that they are in a much better place than the toil that is going on in this world now and coming. Blessings

1. charanjeet kaur profile image59
      charanjeet kaurposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Omg today seems to be the day of bad news i guess, i heard that my cousin lost her husband he was drowned in water on a picnic. he is survived by a four year old and they were married for just about six years. It is really tragic and im so sorry for your friends brother, the best advice is to to let them know you are with them in their pain. Words can only relieve the pain to an extent but the void will be filled on its own, let time take its course. May his soul rest in peace, convey our condolences to your friend.

7. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

All of you are so kind, Sandy is hanging in there and everyone gathered today, it is painful to feel that experience and when you love your friends so much, it hurts because they hurt. So young, so young but he was a blessing to all that came into his path. I am going to print this thread and give to hear on friday.
    My heart goes out to each and everyone of you who has lost a loved one too.smile

8. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years ago

Miss AE,

My prayers and thoughts are with you and the loved ones of your best friend's brother. In this time of sadness we must always relish the positive points that someone was able to dole out in their life.

I'm sure many of us here believe in some form of life after death, and I assure you that at some point you may well meet again. The miracle of life is something we must all cherish everyday, and while emotional suffering can be a healthy process of grieving I am sure your BFF's brother would like to see a smile, not a frown. smile

Peace,

GLM

9. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 15 years ago

I just hate these stories. I really do. I feel awful about it and guilty because I am still here. You all make me want to cry. I have had NHL Stage IV since 1993, yes it is painful and life changing and I've come close to death and have 'seen' that light. I feel so guilty for having survived this so long time now while so many young and old die of it. I really don't know what to say to you AE about your friend or what to tell her other than, just be there. Just your being there will help. You don't need to say a thing. That's what Pastor's are for.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)