Why Do People Hate Nickelback And Creed?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)
  1. BritishRock profile image60
    BritishRockposted 13 years ago

Many rock bands have entered into mainstream music but two bands have sparked major hatred around the world Nickelback and Creed both post grunge bands meaning more radio friendly form of Grunge. Post Grunge spawned in the late 90,s while Grunge was more about an uncommercial appeal Post Grunge is the opposite making a commercially friendly sound that sets out to sell millions.

The first mainstream post grunge band was Creed a complete rip off band of Pearl Jam. Lead vocalist Scott Stapp copied PJ lead singer Eddie Vedders vocal style and even looks. But Creed did sound diffrent to PJ in song writing with more ballads and rock opera sound. Creed released there second studio album in 1999 Human Clay and it went to number 1 in the US two number 1 hit singles off the album Higher and With Arms Wide Open. Another huge album followed but with Stapps drinking problem the band disbanded in 2004 only to reunite in 2009 releasing the album Full Circle which failed to come close to there previous success. Creed is often seen as a Cristain rock band but they were never signed to a Cristain rock label and have never been played on Cristain radio stations. Creed is one of the most hatred and mocked bands in history yet still to this day they are the 82th highest selling band in the US.

Nickelback didnt reach mainstream success until 2001 they did it with one of the biggest songs of the decade How You Remind Me. They have continued there success to this very day and still sell bucket loads of records using basic gutair playing, easy sing along songs and hooky choruses. Nickelbacks songs all sound the same and arent very clever but despite major hatred worldwide there still one of the biggest bands on the planet. Whose buying there music? There fan base is large but it is also matched by how many people hate them.

Both bands are hated by many and yet have sold millions my problem is sure both bands deserve hatred but to such a large degree? I can think of bands who are much worse then Creed and Nickelback. In fact everytime a Creed song gets played on TV or radio its a sih of relief compared to the music thats played on MTV today. If you want to hate then by all means do so but remember other bands deserve the same amount of hatred.

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I love Nickelback's "Photograph"!

1. Mikeydoes profile image43
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Savin' me is my favorite.

2. nell79 profile image78
      nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love Photograph, savin' me and my absolute fave is Far Away big_smile

1. evvy_09 profile image59
        evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wanna be a Rockstar!  lol

2. Tina Kachan profile image60
        Tina Kachanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. I could listen Far away all day long smile

3. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

There is a weird phenomena out there which makes people hate certain bands just because. I'm not sure what the reason is, they def have songs that are easy to listen to and catchy. Too much of either of them would make me not want to listen to them, but hate them? Nah.

I used to hate certain bands just to not be a follower, when I was younger. I've learned to listen to those bands now. All but Metallica, I can't stand them. Enter Sandman is the exception.

4. nell79 profile image78
    nell79posted 13 years ago

I haven't heard anyone where I live mock or show any kind of distain for either of those bands. In fact, most people I know think both, but especially Nickelback, are awesome. So I really don't know what you're talking about. Maybe it's different where you are or in your social circle?

In any case, to each their own I say. I never let other's opinions stop me from reaching my own conclusions smile

5. evvy_09 profile image59
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

I love Nickelback and so do most people I know.  You seem to have a lot of opinions on music, why not publish some of this in hubs instead of just the forums?

BritishRockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I dont know how hubs work can someone help me?

1. evvy_09 profile image59
        evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The first stop should be the learning center.   You can get to it by clicking on help at the top right of your profile page

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I think some bands or types of music are hated simply because people don't like it or don't want to like it (which is very true with pop music) or won't admit that they may like it.
    I listen to a lot of music and have a musical background, plus I have two musician sons. I don't know if it's so much the music as it is the musicians/artists themselves that we decide we don't like or don't want to like-

I like some of Creed and Nickelback songs. But they don't have that staying power to appeal to a large base. I love Stapps voice and a few of his songs have put me in tears..
    I also like the Photograph song.

7. BritishRock profile image60
    BritishRockposted 13 years ago

This isnt my personal opnion in fact I like both bands Creed is one of my favs but its fact Nickelback has been voted worst band in the world more then once. Look it up on google or facebook its everywhere type in worst bands on google click on images these bands pop up. I watched a Nickelback program last nite and even lead singer Chad Kroger was aware of the hatred worldwide I think people need to do some more research beofre claiming that this is my opnion when its fact.

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of Nickelback because the singer's voice gets annoying.  I couldn't listen to two of their songs back to back.

with Creed, I don't know, I'm sure part of it is because they've been labeled Christian rock by listeners.

BritishRockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same I cant listen to Nickelback songs back to back but Creed yes.

9. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

I loved a recent Interview with Nickelback when they simply said;
    "yes we are constantly told how much we are hated worldwide"  followed by;
    "Interesting how we guarantee to sell-out/over sell every concert and millions and millions of every album worldwide:

"My bank account has no problem with being hated"  lol

So True

Personally not only have I loved their lyrics and simplified music that compliment them, but their videos are fresh, creative and entertaining.

big_smile

cool

10. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Would Quarterback be 5 times better than Nickelback?  Just asking!smile

11. Sarah Masson profile image61
    Sarah Massonposted 13 years ago

I like both of these bands but I have heard of a lot of people who don't

12. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

Creed rocks and they got some excellent songs.  Nickleback totally sucks.  The singers voice is absolutely terrible.  Their songs just suck imo.  As soon as I hear a nickleback song on the radio I change station asap.

13. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I like both of them.  My favorite Nickelback song is "Gotta Be Somebody". 

I think the perception that they are hated is primarily because the haters are often the most vocal.  People typically don't run around broadcasting their love and/or devotion in the same way people tend to express their hatred. 

My husband hates Nickelback because he doesn't care for lyrics that always have to rhyme.

Chad Kruger's voice is one of the most distinctive and I think it's the kind of voice you either love or hate.  There really isn't a middle ground.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)