How long before seeing reults?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Mark Spivak profile image59
    Mark Spivakposted 13 years ago

I'm new to Hub Pages, and am wondering about the lag time between starting up and getting some traction. Is there a rule of thumb on how long it takes before generating income on Google Adsense (anything at all)? Also, what's considered to be a healthy traffic level per hub?

Many thanks.

1. bogerk profile image70
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been on HubPages for about 3 months now and I am still seeing very meager results, but, according to most seasoned Hubbers, that seems to be very normal.

It can be a little frustrating to hear of people that have been here less time having so much more success, but the general rule of thumb seems to be that it takes time and you shouldn't expect any sort of payment in hand anytime before 6 months on HubPages.

Stick with it. If nothing else, HubPages seems to be a very good learning environment for how to write online.

2. kschang profile image88
      kschangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Months and years.

I joined late 2009. A year later I'm looking at average 1500 views daily, with over 100 hubs published. A few of the hubs are gathering most of the views. The rest are languishing with single digits or zero views daily.

Come to think of it, I don't think I saw my first $100 check until August 2010. However, 2nd check was sent in December 2010, and I'm more than half way to a third one already.

So don't expect anything for at least 6 months.

3. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

About 6-9 months is the average tiem to start seeing a nice side income. 

However the true answer in my opinoon is, it depends on your research skills and your writing skills.

4. Glemoh101 profile image55
      Glemoh101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You want the secret to success on hubpages online ,,, its SEO .
      your hubs have great chance to appear in the 1st page of google  if you do a little work of seo ( choose long tail keywords ) for your hubs and get some quality backlinks , and you will see the difference in short time.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Very difficult to generalize. It certainly depends on your effort and skill. I believe 100 views per month per hub is considered healthy, but many have far less, and some have far more (e.g. 100,000 total views a month). Income, even those who are serious about AdSense struggle to reach their first payout in less than 9 months it seems.

I suggest you set your own targets, then develop a strategy to meet them.

3. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Mark, read everything you can by Darkside, ThisIsOli, Sunforged, Mark Knowles, etc. There are some really great hubbers who have put together fabulous hubs to teach you everything you need to know. I personally know hubbers who started generating income in the first two weeks and others who didn't make a penny for six months or more. It's all up to you.

1. JoGarrett profile image60
      JoGarrettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the pointers, I've just signed up too and am keen to get all the advice I can.  I'll be checking out those Hubbers now ...

4. Mark Spivak profile image59

Thanks for the insights. I gather it might be a long road, but I'll check out the Hubs by the authors mentioned.

1. profile image0
      ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

don't be discourage just to a lot of reading and put the effort! its all about tenacity and the quality content you write

1. JD Barlow profile image61
        JD Barlowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I started about 4 weeks ago and have been publishing nearly a hub a day and if everything keeps going as it is now, I am looking at 9 months for the first payout. Keep at no matter what and it will pay off.

5. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

I see your question has been answered.

Best of luck and welcome to HP smile

6. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

First try to post at least 30 hubs to see what will work for your case. Have patience and success will come on time.

7. Mark Spivak profile image59

Many thanks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)