aaron rodgers near perfect

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (33 posts)
  1. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

Where would you rank his performance among the greatest playoff performances of the past?

1. bogerk profile image70
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aaron Rodgers performance was the best in a playoff game that I have ever seen, and I am not just saying that because I am a Packers fan.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image61
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

It's up there. 31 for 36, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 136.8 QB rating. He's such a smart quarterback, right up there with Peyton Manning and Brady. He might even be the best QB in the NFL right now. Watch out for those Packers, they are much better than their 10-6 regular season indicates. Those 6 losses came by a total of 20 points.

1. bogerk profile image70

Out of the 4 remaining QBs, Rodgers is definitely the most talented, but it would be hard to bet against the experience of Roethlisberger and his ability to win big games.

As for the best QB in all of the NFL, I think Rodgers may have put himself in the running for the 3rd place behind Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

3. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4452557_f248.jpg

Hmmm, a Quarter Back that has won four NFL postseason games (all of them on the road) in just two seasons, who will be starting in his second consecutive AFC Championship game this weekend. Spin it any way you want, Mr Sanchez in the last 2 weeks has wins over Manning and Brady. Anyone want to disagree that he outplayed the MVP favorite in Foxborough? Think about this, Sanchez has won as many playoff games before the age of 25 as Brady did.

Doubt Sanchez all you want. But when it comes to big plays no one can deny that this kid doesnt come through, and though we see him get knocked down, he never stays down for long. When he gets back up, he wins the game.

Winning in January is what it is all about  ..  run the offense and make that key throw when your team needs a play. So for all of you that doubt his ability please do continue to doubt, for all I can say is the Jets will be in Pittsburgh this weekend. .. a team that is two-thirds of the way through one of the most treacherous road any team has ever had to travel to get to the Super Bowl . ..  Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger. I do believe they will finish the job against the Steelers  . ..  Sanchez will become the first quarterback in NFL history to win five road playoff games - and remember he is only in his second season.

And I am not saying this all just cause I am a Jet fan wink

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4452721_f248.jpg

1. jobister profile image62
      jobisterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope the Jets make it to the Super Bowl. It will be fun to hear Rex Ryan and rest of the crew talking trash for the next 2 weeks. Plus I hate the Steelers (PrettyDarkHorse is going to hate me for that).

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

a little bit is ok, otherwise it  will become a wrestling match LOL LOL .. no not angry but GRRRRRRRRRRR

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
          wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maita - Its hard to believe that Jobs and I are pulling for the same team. But that is cause it is the NY Jets and not the NY Giants wink I can feel your Grrrrrrrrr!

Ok I understand LOL

1. tony0724 profile image60
              tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maita I love you and Shari both , so I will have to remain nuetral. However I will allow the winner between the two of you to buy me a Heineken.

Ah but Tony  .. you have been around me and Maita long enough to know that we support each other no matter what. If the Steelers take the AFC, Ill be right there cheering her Steelers on (though you have to admit Aaron is pretty damn cute), and if the Jets take it, well I know she will be right behind me ! I know I can speak for Maita in that we both love the NFL no matter who wins (except of course the Patriots- but the Jets took care of that so that is a non issue!)

Either way, you get a Heinken smile

That..

And Aaron well, how about the Clay?

I will gather all those NFL players with long hairs like Troy P., Clay and work on their hair LOL...

2. tony0724 profile image60

Thank you Sweetie !!!!!

3. tony0724 profile image60

And Shari I am with you on the fact that now that the Pats have been dumped it's a great season.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4479957_f248.jpg

Meet me here and your cold Heinken will be waiting for you smile

2. prettydarkhorse profile image61

a whole lot of it Tony..

1. tony0724 profile image60

Maita you are also as sweet as they come.

2. bogerk profile image70

Sanchez has been very effective in the playoffs thus far. But none of the remaining QBs throw as hard as Rodgers or move around the pocket as well as him, maybe Roethlisberger, but he more knocks guys off then really evades them.

I would definitely put Sanchez ahead of Jay Cutler, that's for sure.

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well no doubt Sanchez gets my vote for most under rated QB in the nfl, hands down.  That's not an issue, but I doubt he's going to pull off another upset against the steelers. now before you bring up how he beat manning and brady, there is a few key differences.  with manning, lets face it.  we all know that manning hasn't exactly played like peyton manning throughout most of the season, and this year's colts are not the same dominant team of years past.  then we get to brady, who i think when he's at the top of his game, he's impossible to stop.  hell, i would never bet against him in any playoff game, or any game period.  however, if that almost perfect season showed us anything, it's that the patriots behind their team first concept are really nothing more than a bunch of egotistical jerks.  Hell, i'd be so bold as to say they have a way bigger ego than anyone on the Jets, as it's been proven that the Patriots can get over confident sometimes.  Which I'm afraid I think happened against the Jets.  Don't get me wrong, I give all the credit in the world to the Jets for winning that game, but I think Patriots got over confident AGAIN like they did against the Giants a couple of years back; which led to their demise. 

I doubt seriously the Steelers are going to get overconfident, as the entire organization has always done a great job keeping their star players grounded.  Therefore, the Jets are going to have to bring their "A" game to win this time, and Troy Palamalu (not sure if that's how you spell his name) wasn't in that last game where the Jets beat the Steelers in the regular season. 

However, I'm not counting out the Jets completely though, as I still think they have a shot.  I just don't think it's wise to bet against Big Ben Roethlisberger seeing as he always manages to find a way to win; even when he plays horrible like when he played his first super bowl.

to answer the forum topic though, I would have to say that I think Aaron Rodgers hands down is the third best Quarterback in the league behind Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Well I think that Brady sucked, was sacked, cant pass or just plain not in the mood to play in that game against Jets plus the Jets D is superb. No receiver seems to catch when Brady passed the ball.  Nobody believed at the start of the season, the Pats will go to Superbowl anyway, but they were impressive, and their defense improved even for a not so perfect team hampered by injuries (many players on the injured list). Belichick is a good coach no doubt but he is ick ick ick, (he never smile) he benched Welker and so thats his kharma at the start of the game.

For my team well I hope they win. I will tell Big B to behave and be himself to avoid kharma. Actually the Jets did make it easier for Steelers to be on their spot right now by beating the Pats.

At the start of the season, I predicted Jets to win, why not, their D is good and Mark Sanchez is promising.

That man Rodgers his eyes are moving when he holds the ball, he is smart, and he plays good, real good. Cutler is also underrated but he shows he can win.

This is a good playoff games, defense play important part and the two top seeds lost to wildcards.

In playoffs, you will never know who will win.

And in order not to get me mad, don't say anything against
    Favre, Manning bros and Big B, ok, deal, LOL LOL
    Jobister I am not mad at you,,,but GRRRRR...

1. I am DB Cooper profile image61
      I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's an excellent point about preseason expectations. Since the Patriots seem to contend every year a lot of people probably forgot that this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for the team. To go 14-2 in the regular season with a team that had some obvious weaknesses is impressive.

The Jets were actually the team many were predicting would go far this season, along with the Packers. Both teams had good but not great regular seasons, but now they're really showing their strengths in the playoffs. The Packers especially were the overwhelming preseason favorite to go to the Super Bowl. 7 out of 9 Sports Illustrated football analysts predicted (before the season started) the Packers would go to the Super Bowl this year. 2 out of 9 had the Jets representing the AFC in the Super Bowl, with 5 out of 9 predicting the Jets would win the AFC East division (the other 4 all had the Jets getting a wild card). Oddly enough, only 2 out 9 analysts predicted the Steelers would even make the playoffs.

I can see why the bettors are rooting for Jets at the start of the season - the Jets team itself are a bunch of talents, you've got Tomlinson and Greene as running back and they are partners, they are lead rushers so to speak. They have Edwards and Santonio - red zone killer, and their center play Mangold. The Jets team knows how to blitz as well, bunch of talented football players. That is why they are the favorite to win at the start of the season, and they play it so well to reach the AFC.

I think Ryan respects Tomlin, he knows his caliber being the asst coach of the Ravens b4.  Same with Tomlin, he respects the Jets coach- the Jets defeated the Steelers last time they met. They both play great defense, only I think that the Jets overall are a bunch of more talented line ups than the Steelers, but of course Steelers had different kind of defense which works well for them. Both teams D are great. They have a run games and it will be a battle of the best running fast game and turn overs.

Steelers team has this some kind of aura in them, the aura of respect - well Big Ben had been naughty and Tomlin is just not good, he is great.

Whoever wins, still they will have to face another tough team at AFC.

I read that Brady is going for surgery today,

5. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

Aaron Rodgers and that bunch of recievers are hard to bet against right now. Not only is Rodgers accurate but he is cat quick too. Jets/Steelers is just to close to call.The Bears are the weak sister of the bunch only because of Cutler.

But all of those teams have one common denominator , tough D.

Very true. We might talk a lot about the quarterbacks, but none of the remaining 4 teams get to where they are now without their defenses. I would say the Jets defense outplayed the Patriots defense last week more than Sanchez outplayed Brady. No receivers were getting open for Brady, even when he had a ton of time.

1. LakeShow T profile image74
        LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

^^------- Agreed 100% about the remaining defenses. They are all amongst the league's elite. Also, I agree that the Patriots shortcoming against the Jets was that they never got any pressure on Sanchez whatsoever. I am not nearly as high on Sanchez as others here are, but when you give an NFL QB the kind of time Sanchez had to throw the ball that QB is going to be effective.

6. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Yeah, all their defenses are in top 6 or 7. I dont think Rodgers will have a repeat performance.

I agree that Rodgers will not have a repeat performance in the sense that it is hard to duplicate the game he had against the Falcons, but also because the Packers are playing in Chicago on a rough field and in rough weather conditions in middle to late January. That's a profound difference from playing inside of a dome like they did against the Falcons. I still think Rodgers will do well enough despite the conditions to lead the Packers to a close win in what I think will be a low-scoring game.

Well Green Bay was 7-1 at home on a field that is often described as "the frozen tundra". It was a battle in Chicago in week 3, and I expect something similar this week.

I said that because I am from Minnesota (close enough to Chicago) and we have wind chills today from -25 to -40 below and we have had snow in all but 3 days so far in 2011. Being that Chicago is close enough, I would assume the weather for that game is not going to be pleasant, and thus it will be a low-scoring defensive battle. With that in mind, I don't think Rodgers puts up prolific numbers although I do think they will win due in large part to the fact that they are also accustomed to playing in poor weather and also because I think they are a slightly better team.

7. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

Rodgers would of been perfect if james jones didnt drop 3 passes (does that to much). Rodgers can have a repeat performance because the bears d isnt that much better then the falcons.

8. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Yeah, I can't wait til that game. The good thing, 2 games left, and they should be real good ones.

9. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Ask Ashlie, you aren't, by any chance, related to Dear Lovie, are you?   smile  (Sorry.  Couldn't resist.  I've been in a silly mood recently. )

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)