Are 50 average hubs worthy of 1000 views daily?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image0
    andycoolposted 13 years ago

How many hubs do it need to get 1000 page views daily? Is daily 1000 views capable of generating $500 a month? Should daily 1000 views be considered as above average?

1. kmackey32 profile image66
      kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yea, I dont get that many vews a day.....

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you write 50 well researched and highly searched for titles, and the ads are clicked on, no problem.  lol

Sounds simple, doesn't it?

1. profile image0
        andycoolposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks kmackey32 & Randy Godwin for your prompt reply! smile

3. David 470 profile image80
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If its a business niche then it could be fairly profitable, but I seriously doubt 500 dollars a month. Perhaps 200-300.

If its not a high paying niche than it will not be even close to that amount

4. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1) Probably not.  According to the HubPages overall stats (http://hubpages.com/stats/), there are 1,179,415 published Hubs and just under 11,000 of those got over 1000 views in the last month, and just under 400,000 (which includes that 11 thousand) got more than 10 views. 

2) I have a Hub that gets more than 1000 daily views, so the answer to your 2nd question is "one."

3) I don't think it's impossible but it's highly improbable. 

4) That would depend on how you are calculating your averages and what those factors are based upon.

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That stats page always amazes me.

I bet if they put "number of hubbers" beside each of those lines, the numbers would be very small.  It's just a handful of people who are responsible for almost all of the traffic here, I bet.

I have  ten hubs in the 100+ line now, but none in the 1,000 - yet smile

2. profile image0

Thanks relache for your reply. I really appreciate it. smile

5. profile image0
      professional25posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe so. I'm trying to reach that goal.

6. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wish i had that many views a day.  i have some hubs that generate up to 20 a day, but that's about it. lol.  i guess it just depends on the topic you write about.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image61
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

50 hubs getting 20 views a day would be considered a very good average, but not at all unrealistic. To get $500 a month out of that, you'll have to average about 1.6 cents per visitor (note: not per click). If 5% of your visitors click on an advertisement, those clicks need to average about 33 cents. Of course, then you have to factor in that Hubpages gets a certain percentage of your clicks. Let's just use a rough estimate and say you'll need to be averaging about $.50 per click.

The scenario you laid out is hard, but not impossible. 50 quality hubs could certainly get that kind of traffic (and possibly much more), and $.50 per click average is quite high but also possible depending on your niche. I would say the more likely scenario for someone making $500 a month would be to get much more than 1,000 page views a day, since both a 5% click rate and a $.50 per click average are considered high.

I would agree.

My main site gets about a quarter million visitors monthly and usually makes less than $1,000.00.

1. brandonhart100 profile image76
        brandonhart100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It depends on what month.  In January you could expect to make from 200-500$ on 1000 visitors per month if you use both amazon affiliates and google adsense. In December you Might expect to make more like $500-$750.

1000 visitors on 50 hubs is very possible, but you are probably more likely to get 1000 on your 50th-100 hub smile

You cannot expect to make anything like that from 1,000 visitors per month.  You are confused about something.

Are you perhaps thinking of 1,000 per hub per month?  Even that would be a little low, though at least possible.

1. profile image0

Thanks PC for your reply... the point is I'm talking about 1000 visitors per day.

2. brandonhart100 profile image76

Yes, 1000 per day. Typo.

Ayup.  That sounds better smile

3. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

depends on many factors like keywords, ctr, cpc and kinds of hubs -- seasonal hubs

the average ctr is 2.0 and likewise you can earn per 1000 views 3.5 to 5 USD (average) here at HP

4. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Exactly, Just get to it, know what you're doing and work hard. Hard work and dedication pays off, that is if you've educated yourself on the money making factors, SEO etc...

1. profile image0

Thanks PDH, brandonhart100, katie, I am DB Cooper ... I've to earn money from HP. And probably from other online sources. I've discovered $2500 per month is possible if I concentrate on generating money from related multiple revenue streams. I've discovered the streams but now I've to make it happen.

5. brandonhart100 profile image76
    brandonhart100posted 13 years ago

@ PCUNIX Oops, yeah that's what I meant.  1000/ Per day.  Darn where is that edit button smile.  Yeah I get a few thousand per day so I was trying to calculate how much that would be.

6. Singular Investor profile image70
    Singular Investorposted 13 years ago

Here's a very rough guide - $1 to $6  per month per hub

So, if your hubs are very ordinary 50 hubs will make you $50 a month

If you have good paying hubs then 50 hubs will bring in $300 a month

Based on my own experience and calculations based on what other people have said about their earnings from HP

Of course there are exceptions - like Misha who gets $100 a day from 21 hubs

1. brandonhart100 profile image76

@Singular - I think you are pretty much right on to a good average.  As far a Misha is concerned that's definitely more of an outlier, however; I bet that he's spent more time doing keyword research, linking, promoting, writing articles outside of HP for those 21 articles than most people spend writing 100 articles. 

What I'm trying to say is that it really depends on whether you want to spend your time promoting, doing keyword research, or writing.  If you spend a lot of time promoting, then your average views/hub will go up.  For me, I do better if I just keep writing.

1. Singular Investor profile image70
        Singular Investorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes you are right - Misha spends a lot of time apparently getting backlinks - he also explains how to do it  in one of his hubs, but it 's still not easy :-)

Some of his methods also violate both Google's and HP's stated policies, so I'd warn you to tread that path with your eyes wide open.

7. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 13 years ago

My visitor numbers are usually between the two and four thousand a day mark, however I don't make anywhere near some of those figures being quoted.  Although I get lots of visitors I get very few clicks and don't tend to get paid much for those clicks.  But it's nice to have visitors I suppose.

1. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you in-text ads installed? Like, Kontera or vibrant media? The more traffic you have, the more money you can make. I'd prefer making a few hubs that get a lot of backlinks.

8. reindeerz profile image82
    reindeerzposted 13 years ago

I have a few hubs that have on average nearly 1000 views a day, but they aren't my big money makers.  The ones that get clicks tend to be the hubs that are only getting 5 - 10 visitors a day.  I've got to figure out a happy medium I think. smile

9. profile image52
    65jrlposted 13 years ago

How are you making money from  hubs.

10. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 13 years ago

The number of hits don't say a single thing about earnings potential. You could have 100,000 hits on a single hub in a month, and if they're not the right kind of hits then you're still not going to make a cent. I have a hub that now has almost 25,000 hits (nope, not saying which one tongue), and it has made roughly the same as another of my hubs that has about 3,000 lifetime hits. The first has decent conversion rates and certainly earns me more than most, but I've worked a bit more on targeting the second and it has pretty stellar conversion rates -- about the same amount per click or per sale off of each. In short, 100,000 pairs of eyes that just hit the back button are worth far less than 10 that are truly interested in the content, came to your page looking for an answer that you give them, and click on ads or buy something through your links.

1. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wychic: Some keywords are more high-paying than others, so content posts can earn more than the others.

It's about conversions, you're correct, and mixing the ads up for more revenue.

11. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

In response to the original question, yes 50 hubs gaining 1000 views a day is respectable because I have some hubs that can get 0 views a day and others spike at 1700 views a day

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)