What's Your 2011 Online Strategy?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I know that there was a thread on this topic at the end of 2010, but the likelyhood is that those have been altered in some way. My aim for the remainder of this year is:

To reach 1100 Hubpages (100 on another account)
    100 Xomba articles (not bookmarks)
    100 InfoBarrel articles
    100 Bukisa articles (now AdSense sharing)

In addition, I am going to build on ryankett.com (all content removed, I accidentally dropped the domain) and to finish build up my rev sharing site Excerptz asap (just managed to get the revenue sharing working, finally). I want to bookmark all 1100 hubpages on Excerptz. I make that:

702 articles
    1100 bookmarks
    And a few blog posts.

I also need to begin the progress of grouping and linking all of my Hubpages, as the last couple of hundred are not interlinked. I would like to see me reach 500 Hubpages referrals too, although I always find it easier to get referrals to other sites from Hubpages rather than vice-versa.

Rather ambitious, but I'm shooting for it nonetheless. How about you?

2. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

wow - that's certainly an ambitious plan, and very detailed.

My writing partner and I have increased our sites, and are implementing some new strategies on these new sites (slowly expanding).

- Double number of hubs;
    - Increase interlinking between hubs and our various sites;
    - At least double the number of articles on other sites for which I write;
    - Finish revisions on second draft of (4) completed novellas;
    - Complete novel (3/4 of the way through first draft)

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh that reminds me, to get halfway through the non-fiction book that I am writing. I actually have a conditional offer from a publisher for a 70,000 word book to be completed by November for an early 2012 launch.

This may sound crazy, but I am going to breach that condition and seek another publisher (irrespective of how difficult that will undoubtedly be). I can't produce the finished article that I desire within that word limit, so I am shooting for 120,000 by February - I decided that I am writing the book for myself, and not for him.

I probably write 120,000 words a month, but the time is in the research, there is no other book like it on the market, and I am enjoying it. 6000 words down, there has been 100 hours of research and notes in that 6000 words.

So, 54000 more words of that (1000 hours of pure productivity at this rate). The topic is evergreen too, so if takes me until 2028 to find a publisher then so be it smile

Your targets seem strong too, we all need targets smile

3. ns1209 profile image62
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

Great thread and some good targets! 1100 Hubs is amazing.  Also interested in what your book is about, tell us when it is published.  You could even make a Hub about it and good luck with the book!

I would like to:

Reach 250 Hubs (problem is I sometimes run out of ideas and then I have loads but can't get them down quick enough!)

Make £100 every month from Adsense

Start to increase my use of other sites than Hubpages

Interlink better

Make regular money from other sites (particularly Adsense as I find it hard to earn for them!)

Hopefully I will achieve these targets and goals!

1. brandonhart100 profile image77
      brandonhart100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ryan,

I think the most interesting thing about what you said is how many words you actually put down.  Many people focus on too many external factors and not enough pen-to-paper.  In other words, sometimes I wonder if I am bookmarking excessively because I'm being lazy or don't feel like doing additional research.  This year I plan to put up or shut up.

In my remaining 300ish days this year I'm planning on writing 600 more hubs.  Since I also maintain a website, have a full-time job, kids, a wife, and 10 other blog pages, I'm going to be keeping myself pretty busy.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I am creating a Cape Cod Travel Website, with the ultimate goal of attracting my own advertising base. So that I'm not as dependent on Google and affiliate programs. And will worry less about affilate nexus issues.

I'll also be designing and creating a line of Cape Cod stuff to sell on it as well. I was working on this a few years ago and became absorbed in other things. Now I think is the time to return to it.

5. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Mine is a bit more modest online...

200 hubs by the end of 2011
    A regular adsense income of £150 per month ($240 for those on the other side of the pond)

Although, I also have another non-fiction book on the go, which has to be finished by Jan 2012 ready for publication in the summer.

I want to find a decent publisher for my children's Chip & Pin books.

I have already increased my articles to magazines this year too.

Busy times, but I love it - born to write it seems and can stop !!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)