$1400 CPC Keyword, is it a myth or fact?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 13 years ago

i saw a keyword with $1400 CPC, i started wondering if this whole cpc thing is a myth or fact? the keyword is: "rugs usa" please lets do something.

1. Mark Upshaw profile image59
      Mark Upshawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not a myth, but not something that you will earn.  What happens is that the site bids super high to remove competition, but uses a super low volume and filters it to specific sites that they control and profit off of.  That means it does not leak out to all of us. 

You can see this in all of the Insurance sights that are company specific.  Build multiple sites, bid up the ppc using those other sites that they control and they reap all the benefit and let no one else in.  But for sites not controlled by them, they pay whatever the true going rate is.

Remember, whatever is showing in that column in your keyword researcher is the highest possible, not the probable, unless it is the ever present .05 cents.

Consider that actual price of an item on that website.  It is not even half the cost of that quoted ppc.  With a standard profit margin of 10%, they would have to sell 20 items on each and every click through to break even. No company ever does this.

Again, each larger corporation owns mutlple sites where they bid up their name to control all traffic and not pay out to other sites as well as not lose out to competitors.

2. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense! - I def see that in action in some insurance niches, always wondered why I never got a single $75 click wink

I love the idea that so many jump into making good to poor articles (not great) on these high (supposedly high) ppc keywords and find several months down the road that it does not work. 

With a little forethought, we can figure out that the high pay per click keywords are there, but the high pay is reserved (filtered) to steal traffic from competitors that are not minding the store front. Blogs with super high traffic are our best source for capturing these high paying click throughs, but how do you get a high traffic volume for such a small niche, you don't.  there is not enough search traffic for it.

These companies are smart by protecting their brand and effectively putting a fortress wall or a Star Wars sheild to protect their territory.  It is more about stopping their leaks in traffic than acquiring paid traffic that results in sales.

Remembering what JCPenney's just got slapped for, thay method worked but they did not go around paying $200 a click through for $100 dollar dresses.

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

The highest reported single click earnings have been $100, and they were undoubtedly a promotional ploy to whip up a frenzy of budding new publishers seeking to find gold in those there hills.

If I were you I would have kept that secret and published the Hubpage, in case it is a system error which could extend as far as payment. It also shows as high on my Keyword tool, £811.37

3. accofranco profile image78

hello ryan, i have just figured out the real truth and secret about all these keyword cpc thing, no wonder!!...so? this time, i am going to make it a secret, i am off to make a hub...please do check it out in two days time. how is your day crawling down there?

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I recommend to delete your posts. Good luck with the hub. I am feeling tempted to write one on that but don't worry I am not going to do that. I am afraid there are people who may steal your work so, be careful and better publish elsewhere. Just a thought.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is clearly an error or an experiment, anything other than that is highly wishful thinking, I would be surprised if that keyword was worth any more than $1.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha, I think you are right. Every time I refresh adwords or other keyword tools it shows different cpc. weired.

5. speedbird profile image60
    speedbirdposted 13 years ago

$1400 CPC? Never had that before, I guess it is a myth

6. GAbaptist profile image66
    GAbaptistposted 13 years ago

$1400 WOW, I haven't seen anything close to that. Although I did come across one this week that was at $214.

7. accofranco profile image78

@sale...i am not afraid of compet....neither am i afraid of a marathon..lol..all of em, are what make this our business a fun and passionate one to engage.

like i said earlier, i have discovered a secret concerning this whole keyword cpc thing...you know i am an engineer, an analytical engineer to say, and we are very good at mathematical numbers and analytics...so my experiment is still under scrutiny...and i hope to get enough criticisms and commendations when its out...you guys should try and check it out by 2 days or a day time depending on my experimental equips...and their efficiencies...lol...

you want more crazy cpc keywords?

1. OpenConnect profile image61
      OpenConnectposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's no chance you get that amount on a keyword.  Stop trying to stir up the pot.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's great. smile I wish you a great success with your research. tongue

8. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

lol. there is always a chance a new adwords user put a decimal in the wrong place .. but I think their budget would get used up quicker then they expected!

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

9. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

"rugs usa"?  Hmm, sounds like a highly searched term to me!!

10. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 13 years ago

Was that CPC or eCPM? I have several pages I get clicks on that show between $1,000-$1,200 eCPM...I honestly can't see anything at all that would compel a business of any size to pay $1400 CPC because it doesn't guarantee them anything at all in return.

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you go to https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal and type it in you'll see that it is the Estimated Average CPC (not exactly $1400, because that figure can fluctuate). but still obscenely high nonetheless.

I'm not sure what's up with that or how to explain it.

For it to be average one wonders just how high the upper range goes.

And for what benefit?

accofranco has stumbled on something very interesting.

11. accofranco profile image78

@darkside, long time....yeah its quite interesting and seem more like a mirage...i have stumbled upon many others, in case you want, get in touch, because i may not have the resources to research on them and to write on them, but will be glad to see fellow hubbers succeed with the keywords...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)