Want to become a VIP :D

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)
  1. thecounterpunch profile image61
    thecounterpunchposted 16 years ago
  2. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

And these morons are doing it voluntarily.

thecounterpunchposted 16 years agoin reply to this

According to this french media it is WE THE PEOPLE who want that kind of solutions big_smile This is clearly a demonstration of "Public Opinion" artificially crafted by the medias:
      http://micropuce.notlong.com/

I translate just this paragraph from french:
      "Différentes organisations internationales de défense des droits de l’homme cherchent à sensibiliser les citoyens sur les risques de ce type de technologie. Un travail plutôt difficile dans le contexte actuel, car la population trouve de plus en plus légitime ces tatouages électroniques qui aident les autorités dans leur chasse contre le crime."

to english:
      "Several International Human Rights Organisations try to warn the citizens about the risk of that kind of technologies.But their work is hard within current context AS THE POPULATION THINK THAT IT IS MORE AND MORE LEGITIMATE THESE ELECTRONIC TATOOS WHICH HELP THE AUTHORITIES TO CHASE THE CRIME" !

3. Mark Knowles profile image58

They believe the propaganda - they grew up with it. Just watch Fox news from the US.  Suffice to say, I pay cash for everything ;D

thecounterpunchposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Fox news is not dangerous because you can SEE the propaganda. The french media "Le Monde" or the "New York Times" are much more dangerous because they seem to be neutral and even sound "leftist"  whereas they are infiltrated by neo-cons and neo-fascist like Brzezinski who makes some editorial for the New York Times ( http://hubpages.com/search/brzezinski ).

4. Mark Knowles profile image58

True, but Fox news is on all day, every day, all over the US and whether we like it or not, influencing that many people, that often, to the point where they do not object to having 50% of their taxes being spent on the military, you have a problem. You can see it for what it is, but the American public take it as gospel - or at least enough of them to confuse the issue.

The same problem exists in the UK also - But it has never been any different - just because it's written in the Times, doesn't make it any less propaganda.

I never watch TV or read a newspaper - because I do not believe it is news - any of it.

1. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yet you still know what they promulgate? Neat trick. If it worked with text books I'd have ten degrees by now!

Methinks you don't really mean that wink

5. Mark Knowles profile image58

Yes, I do. They have not changed their tune since they were created. Let me guess? Spend more, buy more, these are the bad guys, trust us, we need more control over you?

Read 1984 - It is still the same.

1. wychic profile image85
      wychicposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Sadly you have a point there...a friend of mine recently ridiculed me for refusing to buy a vehicle with OnStar installed (in case anyone is unfamiliar with OnStar, it's a GPS tracker that allows a third party to locate a vehicle and do anything you could with a remote such as unlock doors or start the vehicle), and I agree that if the government were perfect I wouldn't care if they knew my every move but since it's run by humans that just isn't the case. I have a cell phone, I use a debit card, but I can leave any of those behind at will...I live in the middle of Wyoming, I can't get very far if I leave my vehicle behind.

Another friend has tried to convince my that human microchipping is a sign of the end times (much like the hundred or so comments left on that video clip suggest....or scream out), I don't know about that but I do know I'm fully capable of living in the mountains or the badlands if they ever try to force something like that on me. But who can resist free drinks? That sounds like an excellent price for your freedom.

2. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Read it in the 60s, and again, just for fun in 1984 of course. It describes a dystopia of total control by eugenics and mass brainwashing. It was a warning of how bad things could become, but they never did. Of course we're not in a utopia either, but to go along with the conspiracy theorists is defeatist and disempowering.

I've worked in Broadcasting all my life. There is a great deal of accurate and valuable material in the News. Better than watching none is to watch a range - BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN, etc. and apply judgment, no?

6. Mark Knowles profile image58

I too have strong connections in the "news" arena. You too then must be well aware that a good proportion of the news is actually a press release from somewhere? These are included almost verbatim and touted as "news." I have, in the past done as you suggest and finally came to the conclusion that I would become less upset and irate if I simply ignored them.

The governments and news media are working to their own agenda that I no longer believe has anything to do with my well-being.

BBC and the Times included. These are two I used to believe provided genuine information. No longer big_smile

We are headed towards the 1984 scenario, we just haven't quite got there yet. Look at all the scaremongering over the new "terrorists" And why? because the Russians are no longer a threat. If they ever were?

This is what my government has done or is trying to introduce:
    Mandatory biometric ID cards
    CCTV cameras covering much of the country with biometric identification facilities
    Refusing to bring Rupert Murdoch before the Monopolies commission, despite the fact that he is breaking the law by owning the proportion of the British media that he does
    Increased spending on nuclear armaments, despite the fact that there is no apparent threat
    Silly laws regarding what you may or may not take onto a plane and increased taxes to cover the cost

I could go on, but I am getting upset again big_smile

It has become increasingly difficult, especially for our young people to sort through the misinformation from the gov and the media, to the point where we have a MAJOR problem with our teenagers. They are not as stupid as the gov treats them and London has one of the highest crimes against the person rates in Europe.

Working in my best interests? I don't think so.

I do not like the term conspiracy. I think "actively pursuing an agenda to satisfy the needs of the large corporations whilst spreading as much dis-information as possible," would be more accurate. Take a look at this video:

http://www.storyofstuff.com

It will help explain the reasons behind all these things. The minute we stop consuming and bowing to the controls, the present system will fall apart - They will do almost anything to prevent this.

7. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 16 years ago

So, do you ever watch Al Jazeera?

8. Mark Knowles profile image58

I have seen it and it is just as bad - but from a different perspective. smile I have heard all the hezbollah rubbish too. "Blame the Americans, we'll give you the money you need to stand up and fight the infidels." Exactly the same, but from the other side of the coin.

It's not just our governments, it is the opposition govs as well. Look at the way Communist Russia tried to do it. They are now adopting the Western approach, because that one works best.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)