Can anyone recommend an affilate provider?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years ago

Hi all

I have a product I want to sell through affiliates and only have experience of these things from the other side. i.e. as the affiliate.

Anyone got any advice or suggestions as to who offers the best (and most transparent) service? I am familiar with clickbank and paydotcom. I am probably too small potatoes for CJ.

Thanks.

1. rorymullen profile image60
      rorymullenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stick with ClickBank . They have a solid track record and you do not have to worry about any complications.

2. White Teeth profile image59
      White Teethposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You might try ShareASale (but I don't have any experience from the merchant side either.)

1. Vcize profile image62
        Vcizeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shareasale's interface drives me nuts.

I prefer CJ for tangible products, and of course Clickbank for digital.

2. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

clickbank has a $50 fee to begin selling a product, there are a few alternates that do not have that opening fee. Im checking my bookmarks for the  info.

3. Mark Knowles profile image59

Thanks guys. smile

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

plimus is the easiest to get started - ejunkie is another simple  alternative to clickbank.

In most cases, clickbank will be your best option because of the larger base of affiliates

alternately, running your own aff tracking program via a wordpress plugin is an option

plimus set up video: http://app3sc1.plimus.com/ecommerce/lea … -affiliate

Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is a good idea, but I am looking for  some one with a decent base. Paydotcom is looking best so far.

1. recommend1 profile image61
          recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had the same idea - then I decided that it wasn't suitable for high value and low volume items and so have started my own affiliate programme.  Damn hard work though big_smile

However - I am also interested in what you dig up as I also need general advertising and it may suit.

I want a third party provider.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

What about Shareasale? They have a great reputation in the affiliate community.

5. Mark Knowles profile image59

Thanks Nelle - I will check them out. My product is quite high ticket so I want something that looks good and has a reputation. Both clickbank and paydotcom will take anything. lol

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you go to the forum AbestwebDOTcom. You'll see that Shareasale has a very loyal following. Some of the biggest individual affiliates hang out there and praise Shareasale for its transparency and reporting.

I love Shareasale myself and promote hundreds of their merchants. You might even want to consider an affiliate manager consultant. Andy Rodrequez is a great one.

I don't actively participate in the forum, just lurk, but I always look at the merchants who make announcements there. Being willing to open themselves up to Abestweb scrutiny, gives me a high level of comfort, with almost anyone.

1. kephrira profile image60
        kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shareasale is my favourite as an affiliate. I mainly use them and clickbank (plus amazon). Shareasale seems more transparent than clickbank from that side, and they have a lot of high quality programs. My single best earning affiliate product is through them and makes me around $100 per month average.

6. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Hey Mark, when you have it set up and such would you write a hub?

It could be very interesting to read what you decide to use for selling as well as results etc. smile

7. sunforged profile image71

I use all of the above as an affiliate and have also set up the new product registration for all but paydotcom.com.

Personally as an aff, paydotcom and ejunkie are the least friendly for finding new products, checking stats etc. The interface is just clunky so unless I find the program outside of an aff network I never search within their specific product lines for an offer.

It will cost you $650 to become a shareasale vendor , $100 of that is a deposit for your affs and then you still have to pay a $25 monthly fee.

I would test run on a smaller platform, its not hard to switch over. Ive followed one vendor to 3 different networks as they have grown.

8. Mark Knowles profile image59

Thanks guys. So far I like the look of shareasale best. No up front charges either.

?

sure is!

It will cost you $650 to become a shareasale vendor , $100 of that is a deposit for your affs and then you still have to pay a $25 monthly fee.

Well hidden. You are right - their front page it says, "As a Merchant - you decide the commission structure to pay - and only pay when results come in."

lol

Back to paydotcom. sad

9. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

iDevaffiliate script allows you to manage your own affiliate program on your site. If not self-hosted then shareasale/payloadz are much better options. Please never ever ever ever choose CJ/PDC. big_smile

10. profile image0

What is PDC?

11. skyfire profile image81

Pay Dot Com.

12. sunforged profile image71

You know sky, I have never seen the issue you have with Cj - clickbank has it and they drained me for $150 after i abandoned their program when the offer i promoted expired ..but CJ - doesnt have a unique cc requirement

1. skyfire profile image81
      skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agree, CJ is much better than CB on point of CDR policy. My another issue is that you can't approach Affiliate manager from CJ dashboard which you can with most other networks (or maybe there is some high sales requirement to get that power ?). In case of shareasale/Linkshare i managed to get into few affiliate programs by directly approaching affiliate managers. I was unable to do that with CJ because they didn't allowed me to do that.

Your aff manager will usually email you when you are accepted into new programs (form letter) and their contact info is in the company profile information.

I dont think I hate any affnetwork more than LinkShare! .. the site is just ridiculously badly designed.

13. profile image0

I hate the CJ interface. Linkshare is almost as clunky. Shareasale runs so fast, it's a joy.

14. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I will only add that I would not go with my own affiliate program using a plugin or anything like that.

The reason is affiliates will not trust you as they will think you can shave them.

I am still looking for a Disney tickets sponsor and the only one I can see has a private affilite setup.

So I am at their mercy as far as being honest with sales. I don't have that much trust! big_smile

15. skyfire profile image81

I don't know how many non-us affiliates managed to fill up online tax form from linkshares interface. I think their programmer assumed that SSN/VAT ID format for other countries has same format like US. I had to fax the form to get over that bug. lol

By the SF, do you prefer to promote Hostgator from CJ or directly from HG interface ? I got denied by HG on CJ network but made few sales from their own hosted program. Weird affiliate marketing world.

well - the cj commission is 200% higher .. but the hg structure gives boosts for performance levels

i dont really "promote" hg though, its the host i actually use! ( istill have some sites on godaddy but they truly blow, no mincing words.. and my main design client uses bluehost and have no complaints about them either)

16. Mark Knowles profile image59

If CJ is as bad on the other side of the coin as it is as an affiliate - I am not touching it. sad

I will probably bite the bullet and join shareasale.

17. sunforged profile image71

Im the only one who likes CJ? .. my niches are all best represented there and i frequently search for new vendors via their interface.

Although, i do like SAS and use it often, they have some annoying qurks like a complete failure to remove expired vendors from their listings

CJ lost $1200 by sending it to the wrong account at my bank in October and I still have not managed to find it.

I hate my bank though - so it could well be them. sad

2. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like the money I make with cj merchants - just hate the link building tools. If possible, I use popshops to work with cj merchants.

18. sunforged profile image71

I use my own spreadsheets and online databases for linkbuilding. When i get interested in a new merchant I just transfer their links to it.

Of course, that means I do have to do some double checking on campaigns that I may have let slide.

By using my own online tracking (redirects) I can keep tabs on reporting differences.

Im about to give popshops a 30 day trial though smile - reconfiguring datafeeds to csv's has become quite annoying. I am using datafeedr but am open to alternatives

19. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Splash Out Mark.

Develop it yourself... It's not that hard and you already have a significant base of trustworthy and savvy people in your network.
    I think there are people here that are more than able to do the job and you can structure regional opportunities!

It doesn't matter what the product is... it is the ability to get it to market.  There's nothing wrong with using a cart for the first quarters performance! Damn so many opportunities go astray because of the inability to join smart people together throughout the world!

Is that exactly why CJ and co rape the ducks on the pond? hmm

LOL _ I wanted a third party for the trust - but looks like they all have issues. sad

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really.... What's wrong with developing that through your own business ethics? Surely they are less flaky than most of those big guys mentioned? 
        Put your own team together...
        I'll help you...
        so will others like Eric and many others!
        We all have complimentary skills!
        Once that was the primary requisite for developing solid businesses!  MLM Style Mentality is NOT the smartest business templet - Develop a better model...
        That's the sort stuff that people like me are good at!

I will drop you a line.

20. skyfire profile image81

I trust merchants with their own script. We're at mercy of someone all the time be it online or offline business. Who knows adsense stats are legit ? or big fish affiliate networks are legit with their reporting ?

Popshops ? have to check it out. I tried goldencan and unable to tweak it to fit my theme (it always breaks). As for reports there is nothing interesting so far from them.

21. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

I'm using Google Affiliate Network because for some things I am using it was the only right option. I never hear much about them, though.

1. Bill Manning profile image70
      Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do they have many sponsors Len? I never hear much about them either, don't know why. In fact I only found out about them a few months ago, have not joined yet.

22. profile image0

The network used to be called Performics before Google purchased it. They have a lot of big names. You have to have a Google Adsense account. I work with lots of them and have found it to be very professional.

1. Bill Manning profile image70
      Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great, I will get an account there also then. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)