Improving Hubpages individual hubs and older hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Been quiet as of late going through my hubpages and am yet undecided whether to keep some or delete a load of them or even vastly re-write them and add value instead of just my thoughts which don't count for much.

Am updating my hubs to comply with the newer HP policies too and have come up with a plan to as of now only create hubpages that add value instead of being just wet farts that don't do anything at all. Any reviews that I've done previously are going to be heavily updated with details and useful stuff and not me just waffling on. Any how to type hubpages will be expanded upon and extra parts will be added.

All images on every hub will be replaced with my own as I have been archiving photos offline for this and also some illustrations too.

I do find that updating a hubpage makes it read better as your intitial write up could have been not how you intended or you maybe was in a rush to get the content all written down and that was certainly the case with all of my earlier hubpages.

If I do take time out and delete or improve my hubpages by adding more words, keyworded titles that are researched more  and images then I do believe that some of my own flagging hubs will improve traffic wise.

Concentrating on google traffic is not my priority now as it used to be, there are other sources of traffic to tap into and that's the focus, the second largest search engine YouTube is the goal to aim for now for me, video and written content combined just seems to be a brilliant combination.

When things happen outside of your own control you have to adapt to changes and change direction or make your own path.....

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try to keep as many as you can, I know that sometimes you just don't have the heart and decide to delete.

I am going through every single one of my Hubpages making changes, and then that is it. Either they recover or fail.

One this has been finished I am moving on to new projects, diversification. If Hubpages were to recover I will use the site to test keywords and niches but not on as wide a scale as I have previously.

I have found some stuff in my portfolio which is, frankly, awful. That is why you are seeing my hub count fall around every 1-2 hours lol

waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that is what I have planned, other streams of income are good to think about as well as hubpages. I do plan on writing more hubpages and might just stop at 1000 for awhile to catch up and check traffic and really study my traffic stats more as I haven't really these past few months.

2. profile image0

If you do decide to delete content, feel free to post in on Excerptz wink

You have broken my golden rule on there, by the way. An image with every post!

Will do! got 2 that I may just re-write, but it seems like I'm trying to flog a dead horse instead of moving on and writing new stuff of worth.

And yeah I've never been one for reading site rules properly, I'll try and create some unique images for Excerptz!

1. profile image0

You don't have to draw anything, just use something that you have. Dude, you could even use your photo if you wish. It's just so that those thumbnail things on the front page don't look sh*t.

In addition, the 'Gallery' is the third most visited page, any images automatically go in there. Beneath each image is a link to your post wink

Ah right...will do, will get used to posting there as time goes on!

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it too early to start making changes when we don't even know what changes are going to help?  I'm only updating when I'm asked to by HubPages, otherwise I'm just going to let things settle down - I have enough to do on my websites. 

Unless you know you've got some really cr@p Hubs, it seems silly to go deleting anything.  It seems like the most unexpected things are rising in search results - why not wait and see?

No, it's never too early for a spring clean. underperforming hubs do need to be re-written or seeing if traffic can be attracted to them.

I could wait, but then there could be one of two outcomes:

Lost revenue

or

A wasted chance of not doing something about it.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Yeah this business isn't for the rigid.

Yup smile

3. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 13 years ago

Well said Waynet. I think the Google algorithm shake up has been a good thing for most, or at least it will be in the long term. The changes HubPages have put in place as a result mean that all of us need to go back and revisit past works that had been long forgotten regardless of the second class nature of the content that was missed at the time of publishing.

Yupx2 smile

4. CYBERSUPE profile image62
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Thank Waynet for all the help I received from your comments here and in the past 12 months.  You are the best.

Cheers now!....Quite possibly this is my catchphrase!

5. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I am cheering you up! Those who never give up and are as resilient and pliant as a bamboo will be successful in this kind of endeavor.

6. classicalgeek profile image82
    classicalgeekposted 13 years ago

I'm exhausted going through my hubs to comply with the new rules. However, having said that, I am in favour of the rules as I can see where it will make my hubs even more valuable to readers. The Amazon rule of picking products individually is killing me though!

7. Bizziebee profile image60
    Bizziebeeposted 13 years ago

Sometimes I go through my hubs and see what kind of quality written content I can add. Even if it's just a paragraph, it always helps my traffic and makes me feel good about publishing quality content!

Yeah that's what I do. Expanding on a hubpage just feels like the right thing to do especially if you come back to it months ahead as you may have new thoughts and ideas to add.

8. JSAlison profile image61
    JSAlisonposted 13 years ago

Every update will boost a hub a couple of pages in the SERPs, at least temporarily. Sometimes they stick at the higher level.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)