Social Bookmarking

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (34 posts)
  1. moorebored profile image61
    mooreboredposted 13 years ago

I was just reading "Misha's" articles, when I stumbled upon one about Social Bookmarking. He linked to a website called SocialMarker dot com. He said that it basically lists your hubs in lots of pages and gets them high in google. Is this legal/fair? I was looking at the tutorial and the guy just clicked some buttons and it instantly put him on all these popular sites, how does this work and what does it do?
    Thanks!

2. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 13 years ago

The spokesman for Misha Inc, Pcunix, will answer your questions shortly.

mooreboredposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really? He has a Inc?

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, considering floatation too.

Going to be listed at $1 a share on the NASDAQ, I might invest a few hundred, think that's underpriced.

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ROFLMAO big_smile

3. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That actually made me "LOL"!
      Thank you!

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I was about to say the same. Since Misha started making tens of thousands a month he has hired a PA to answer his questions, you can email PCunix directly if you want.

does anyone else know what this is though? Is it safe/legal?

1. profile image0

Don't know, PCunix is your man wink

Will he reply to this shortly or will I have to message him?

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

And yes, it is legal, but don't go overboard.

You can get a hub unpublished by going over the top, personally a few links here and there is as far as I go.

He said in the article he uses services to backlink his hubs up to 100 times.

1. profile image0

If you want to know whether this is in line with the Hubpages TOS, in order to determine whether or not you can do this yourself, then you should be emailing the Hubpages staff directly.

If you want to know whether this is legal, as in legal in criminal courts, then yes it is.

If you have raised this thread in order to point out that Misha may be doing something unethical or against the TOS, then you should let the thread die immediately and back off.

But either way, whichever of the three, the forum probably isn't the best place to ask this question. The reason? Because many people have conflicting views on this subject, and it will evoke an argument of monumental standards between a number of very opinionated people. You will be left without a conclusive 'yes' or 'no'.

5. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Sprinkle some skittles about, that brings em out in my garden smile

Socialmarker takes forever and you need to have all those accounts!... its not really the most valuable of links either. Its probable that you can spend the time better. I suspect that the article suggests sm as a cheapie solution to buying a VA or software

6. moorebored profile image61

No,I'm not suggesting that. It just seems a little weird that you can immediately get your website indexed in 26 sites. I hope I'm not starting a argument smile . I think what I'll do is read a couple hubs on Backlinking and try that. Right now I'm just focusing in driving in traffic to my Hubs, then I'll focus on the money aspect.

1. profile image0

I wouldn't backlink my hub that much, or any single page with my AdSense ID on it.

If you write a non-monetized article on another site, which points to your primary content through an anchored link, and then build hundreds of backlinks to the non-monetized article... and repeat several times, then you may be onto something?

A pyramid basically, say 10 articles pointing to your Hubpage or blog post, and hundreds of backlinks pointing to each of those 10 articles.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is the contact feature not working via Misha's link?

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

LOL Socialmarker may get you on top - or may not. It all depends on your keyword.

However, I never advocated socialmarker as a single source of backlinks, rather as a method of making sure your other backlinks stay indexed and have some value. Re-read the hub smile

1. profile image0

I didn't think that you would advocate hundreds of backlinks to a hubpage.

You are advocating building up backlinks TO your backlinks, right? A link pyramid?

1. Misha profile image63

Last time I checked, my money-making hubpages had hundreds of backlinks each. smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74

oops the man is here in person -drum roll plse smile lol

Actually I read that hub-so good!! Im on my way to a new wardrobe!

1. Misha profile image63

LOL Love ya too, Kiwi ! ♥

Hey how'd ya make that lil heart! and is it legal lol

(Now I knows ya making heaps of Benji's, for real! ) lol

8. moorebored profile image61

So what's the deal? I don't understand, I'm getting told 2 different things! Sorry Misha, I guess I didn't understand that you meant to use it as an indexer. But is there a cost-free way to do this? Or do you just do what the other guy says and build a pyramid?

1. Misha profile image63

I think I mentioned socialmarker in only one of my hubs, and certainly this hub talks about building a pyramid, if you want to call it this way. It has nothing to do with financial pyramid, and rather is more close to Egyptian pyramid in terms of power, stability, and longevity. smile

Ok, so what I do is:
        Take my hub, for example a new one.
        Go on facebook, Digg, blogger, my website, etc, posting something somewhat useful, but including a link to that new hub.
        Then I use the Socialmarker to link to those pages.
        ?

Can someone just make sure this is right, so I can start?

2. Misha profile image63

Yep, that sounds about right - though you might want to reconsider what exactly sites you use as a first tier. Not to say anything bad about Digg, but generally you want to use sites with dofollow links, this gives you much more bang for your buck. As for the FB, unless you are talking fan pages, to the best of my knowledge the links are not indexed by search engines. smile

Ok, thanks a lot, I didn't expect you to literally come and help me with this. I thought you might be doing other things like counting your money haha. Do you have any sites you would recommend putting my links in?

1. Misha profile image63

Well, this is totally up to you. You can start with Angela's lists, or you can use some other lists, or you can do your own research - this is your call. smile

Thanks a lot Misha! Is that really you or your employee?
                You really helped a lot, I now see why you are so good at this!

Wait til you get his invoice!!! roll lol

What invoice?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)