Hub banned as duplicate

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)
  1. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I just had a hub banded as duplicate content.

I wrote this myself in a very casual format discussing a product I like. I copied nothing from ANYWHERE, nor did I post it any place other than hubs.

I took out the product brand name that I had mentioned a few times as this was the only thing I can imagine was found on a similar site.

Instantly I got the second email that this hub was flagged as duplicate.

I can't spend time rewriting something flagged as duplicate I myself wrote.

What's the deal, Please, Really, As If!  Is the automated procedure that flags such hubs broken?

1. WoodsmensPost profile image61
      WoodsmensPostposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Post the first paragraph, lets see if we can help you, someone has copied your work, possibly another DCMA will get your work back

katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here's the link;

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-best-deals- … er-sandals

Really I'm shocked it is truly in my own words about a product I love!

My shoe hubs have been doing so well I thought I'll add this.

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That hub contains a large "related topics" section, that also appears on some of your other hubs.  That is the problem.  I'd suggest either removing those altogether, or paring them way down.

Ah I see, thank you very much smile

Paul where oh where have all your hubs gone and why?

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Since we can't see the hub, it's difficult to comment on it. But I will say that "duplicate" doesn't necessarily mean copied word for word. Did you maybe reword a product description found elsewhere? It could be that it was just too similar.

I did mention the product name as listed on Amazon and thought that might be the problem and yet once I removed it and resubmitted it the hub was instantly flagged again, I went from submitting it again to me email tab and that quickly received another flag email.  Hmmmm really quickly.  I'll look for anything else and post a link.,

Thanks

3. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Well you know.... some people have got really gnarly toenails yikes
    As well as matching attitudes when it comes to stealing...
    I think a few scumbags have stolen your work... have you googled your content to find out who belongs to those toenails? hmm

No I hate to knowing your right.. scumbags indeed!

4. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

What really perturbs me is when a hub is stolen and then google indexes the stolen copy above the original.

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep... that's WHY you take the thieves down and you have to write 50 times to Goggles to drop their stolen articles from the cache!

It's a profitable exercise for goggles
      - IF everyone Thought about it - goggles have twice as many impressions going for them at any given time....
      it is a Win - Lose situation for the authors, as the thieves and us are both monetized.
      If the thief gets pinged.. google profits more from the clicks on the thieves, when they suspend the account payout. They Don't refund it to the advertiser, or compensate us for the loss! Yet in the interim, they have ads on our pages as well... A double Whammy! hmm

Watch what they are doing with sucking up ALL Available Ad Income with the Goggle TV deals!
      If Ever World Domination was on the Cards... Goggles expect to win the race and will potentially crap on everyone who does not fall into line with their plans! Perhaps THAT has something to do with the Slap around the ears at HP... No body will admit that will they! hmm

I Think the whole thing is BS.. I would rather sell my own ad space personally, to businesses I know, rather than have every other bustard earning from my personal efforts!

2. katiem2 profile image60

Agreed!

5. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

Wow, did you notice pauldeeds now has just one hub. Maddierudd must have done a ruthless job moderating his work.

Oh My I had not noticed.

2. Michael Willis profile image68
      Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I saw where she said she had moderated even staff members. lol

Yes I read that too, there is just so much to moderate it seems some really junk publish on hubs falls under the radar and its that stuff that really harms our standing.  It's amazing the stuff I flag, but who can do that full time?

1. Michael Willis profile image68

If just what I have seen in Hub Hopping is any indication, I feel for them having to go through so many hubs.

This is true, maybe we could get a job helping out smile

6. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

What a shame the information Paul gave wasn't provided at the onset of the procedure.  The only hub I've had unpublished so far required further questions to staff before the reason was finally given. 

Although I disagreed with the lady mods in their interpretation of a normally male subject, I quickly adapted the hub and it was republished.  But why is it so difficult for staff members who unpublish hubs to give a concise reason for the action?  It seems this causes more time wasted by both writer and staff if both have to converse several times before the problem is pointed out.

In other words, why didn't the moderator merely say the same thing to Katiem as Paul just did in the post?  I can understand if it is a new unproven member with lots of spammy hubs, but not in a case of a known loyal member.  I know, new greenhorn staff and all, but the writers aren't the ones who hired these folks.

1. Michael Willis profile image68

Exactly point! Would save time for all involved.

2. katiem2 profile image60

Very well said Randy and that's exactly how I feel.   Who has the time for guess work.

7. WoodsmensPost profile image61
    WoodsmensPostposted 13 years ago

Oh what did I miss , reading back

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)