jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Signed up for Hub pages because I have other sites, and literally thought one us

1. Uva profile image78
    Uvaposted 8 years ago

Signed up for Hub pages because I have other sites, and literally thought one used hubs for hubs ?

Was I mistaken ? Hub pages isn't for writing pages to serve as hubs between other blogs on the web ? I.e. I have an art blog, but find writing environment stuff there clashes, I'm also in a web news site, and a fiction writing site, and I get told "how is that news" and "your fiction is too complicated" so I found here and thought, " cool maybe this will work". And hug pages prints DUPLICATE on my post in big red letters sad ? (there is only one post 'BYOM', that is in all three places, but it still seem very un-hub-like some how.

2. Whitney05 profile image81
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Your hubs were probably marked duplicate because the information was posted elsewhere on the internet, which is frowned upon. HubPages is a website to write information on, it's not necessarily specifically to link your blog to, as this can be conceived as being spammy if that's your sole purpose.

Marking the hubs as duplicate, isn't un-hub-like, as the TOS pretty much say don't post copied content on a hub, whether it's yours or not, if it's elsewhere on the internet, they really don't want it here. It doesn't look good for SEO to have the same content in multiple places. They're just giving you a warning; they'd unpublish it if they felt it needed to be unpublished.

3. Uva profile image78
    Uvaposted 8 years ago

Good to know, (I always have to look up those SCUBA words smile
    Um... SEO?..  search engine. TOS ?.. terms of service. .. Yep, it's mine and I changed it quite a bit from one post to the next, less than half as long, etc.. I guess it must be Okay because it is still there.

Thanks Whitney

4. ArtAsLife profile image59
    ArtAsLifeposted 6 years ago

I have a blog of my poems and writings of which was on Blogger. But when i discovered Hubpages i transffered over my poems and I havent had a problem with the DUPLICATE print... Though half my hubs here are written on the spot, or from my notebook i carry everywhere.
    Best advice I can give you is to stop copy and pasting and begin writing your stuff on here, then move it from Hubpages to the other blogs.