skyline

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)
  1. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

anyone see this???
    I just watched it and it was kind of refreshing to see the aliens pretty much win. I like how the alien and one of the main characters merge as 1 sort of speak.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I actually did see it, but didn't like it. The Ausie brother team (forget their names) also did "Day Breakers", a hip vampire movie, which was just beyond ridiculously gory!

I think they have some good ideas, but I just don't think they've got the right combination for mass appeal yet. Maybe they'll get better. But then, my opinion isn't necessarily a standard setting kinda thing!

wink

2. profile image0
    zampanoposted 13 years ago

Yes I've seen it.
    Kind of paranoid story.
    Why do they hate us so much ?
    But the fact that the "human factor" prevails in the end is...
    It is another kind of love story.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60

ya there was a loose love story but I dont think she'll get it on with here human hybrid husband lol

4. profile image0
    zampanoposted 13 years ago

too painful. hmm

5. TomC35 profile image59
    TomC35posted 13 years ago

I heard it was awful, plus read where they were getting sued for steeling some scenes or ideas from Battle Los Angeles so I did not bother seeing it.
    <snipped link>

1. recommend1 profile image59
      recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Skyline was half ok and half crap - it kept almost working then losing it - but I can't say I did not like it.

Battle for Los Angeles is the biggest pile of garbage to flop for a long time.

6. optimus grimlock profile image60

havent seen battlefied la ye it looked good. Skyline was out before battlefield La so im sure its the other way around.

7. johncimble profile image51
    johncimbleposted 13 years ago

I liked the story sort of and the effects but the actors really let the movie down. Still liked watching it though, the marketing was really good, they had big posters with all the people getting sucked up into the spacecraft printed on a clear plastic scrolling up in front, very creative.

8. TomC35 profile image59
    TomC35posted 13 years ago

"The city of angels isn’t big enough for two alien invasion films – not if the studio behind Battle: Los Angeles has anything to say about it. Sony Pictures Entertainment is contemplating legal action against Greg and Colin Strause, the directors of Skyline and the owners of Hydraulx Filmz – a visual effects company that contributed to Battle: Los Angeles.

According to Deadline, Sony feels that the Strause brothers should have given them a heads up about their plans to make Skyline before accepting the FX gig on Battle: Los Angeles, which gave them access to the film’s script, storyboards, and animatics.

Join S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Do you have what it takes? Test your skills. No purchase necessary.
    www.joinshield.com
    Ads by Google
    More to the point, Sony is wondering if Battle: Los Angeles served as inspiration for the brothers to make Skyline and if they used the studio’s resources to polish up the effects on their modestly-budgeted thriller." - Screenrant.com

You guys are making me want to rent neither.

9. celebritie profile image70
    celebritieposted 13 years ago

Thats because aliens rule!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)