Very unscientific approach

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (61 posts)
  1. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Just to believe “The Creator-God does not exist”; only because some scientists says so, is a very unscientific approach, more so when they don’t present any scientific proof to that effect.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'll repeat-

Life doesn't require any knowledge of any god to be understood.

Life doesn't require any knowledge of any god to be lived.

Therefore, no god required

Plain and Simple.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Islamic propagandist fabricates stories and lies when all else fails. smile

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's the same thing I said about the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but no one is listening to my superior logic.  What a shame! lol

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Getitrite, you need to learn about science and the scientific method.

The only evidence for the FSM is that spaghetti is in most homes.  However, the only time it flies is when I fling it onto the fridge to see if it is cooked yet.  Most gods would not tolerate me cooking them for culinary purposes and thus can only be taken as evidence against, not for. big_smile

1. getitrite profile image71
          getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Point taken. big_smile

2. I am DB Cooper profile image62
          I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Despite your blasphemous comment, FSM still loves you and blesses you with his noodly appendages.

2. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Please don't bring the Flying Spaghetti Monster into this.I've spent many nights with the FSM right in front of me...meatballs and all...Hmm...that sounds a bit g...NO!I'm NOT!I'm NOT!I'm NOT!...Grins...

4. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
      Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I never heard a scientist claim that and if he did I would ask for evidence or proof.

Whoever believes the scientist on face value is just as logical as someone who believes that a god DOES exist on the face value of an old book.

5. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

paar, I hate to sound uncharitable, but get the scientific religious proof threads out of religion.  If you have scientific proof that God either does or does not exist, please debate it under education and science.

Since I (perhaps wrongly) presume that you do not have any of this proof/unproof, give up the ghost, man.  It's getting really old.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good point, well presented. smile

6. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

its no science to be scientific i say hmm:

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How? please

7. Titen-Sxull profile image71
      Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've never heard a scientist state that God doesn't exist. I came to the conclusion that gods probably don't exist because I've seen no evidence of them and for many god concepts there is evidence against them in the form of logical arguments. One doesn't need to disprove in order to disbelieve, I don't need someone to prove the tooth fairy or bigfoot doesn't exist in order to stop believing, I just need the right amount of skepticism.

1. profile image52

If the Scientists do not say and you have not heard them say that the Creator-God Allah YHWH does not exist; then why should you deny it?

It is very unreasonable approach.
        One believes in the Creator-God very naturally; no need for any argument necessarily.

Do you believe that your parents exist? Are you in need of some argument for their existence? No; they love you so much and provide you right from your childhood that you have never even thought of any argument.

So why should you not believe in Him very naturally?

[2:201] And when you have performed the acts of worship prescribed for you, celebrate the praises of Allah as you celebrated the praises of your fathers, or even more than that. And of men there are some who say, ‘Our Lord, grant us good things in this world;’ and such a one shall have no share in the Hereafter.
        [2:202] And of them there are some who say: ‘Our Lord, grant us good in this world as well as good in the world to come, and protect us from the torment of the Fire.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=200

1. Titen-Sxull profile image71
          Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"One believes in the Creator-God very naturally"

One cannot naturally believe in the supernatural. People are not born with belief in God, otherwise parents would never need to indoctrinate their children.

"Are you in need of some argument for their existence?"

Your two questions are nonsensical. I can see my parents, I can be embraced by them. Not only do I have direct experience of them but other people around me see them. If there was any doubt tests could indeed be performed to prove their existence. Not only is there direct experience of myself and others but there is documentation such as photographic and video evidence. There is also the fact that we know humans come from parents, we understand the process, so if I didn't have parents it would be the exception to the rule, it would be an extreme claim and thus hold the burden of proof. Parents are also natural, not supernatural.

"So why should you not believe in Him very naturally?"

Because the supernatural is not naturally believable, by its very definition.

2. profile image52
          1. Beelzedad profile image59

Notice Titen-Sxull, that the Islamic propagandist had no interest in your answer whatsoever as he already was well aware he was lying in order to defend his religion. smile

8. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Um, the default state is not not believe in things.  It is very scientific; it's called the null hypothesis.

But really, why do you just keep posting the same thing over and over.

It is very dull.

1. profile image52

It is a relative term

2. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

So what point are you making? Oh that's right, you don't make points, you just start a thread a minute to bash those who don't buy the myths you keep claiming are the only truth......

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Even you, Parr, must understand that proving the absence of an imaginary god cannot be done.  It is an exercise in futility and no branch of logic or knowledge will offer any help at all. 

On the other, the complete lack of any evidence whatsoever for such a god results in a very good working hypotheses that it does not exist.  It is not proof of course, but it works in the real world and fits the facts that are known.

Until such evidence is found to provide at least some support of the god in question the hypothesis is allowed to stand and be used. 

This is how science works; form a hypothesis that fits the world as best as we can and then look for evidence that it is wrong.  Until such evidence is found the hypothesis is acceptable.

1. profile image52

I don't talk of any imaginary god; I talk of the real Creator-God.

It they express their inability to prove that He does not exist; it is their own helplessness.

Then it would be very reasonable for them to believe in the real Creator-God.

[14:11] Their Messengers said, ‘Are you in doubt concerning Allah, Maker of the heavens and the earth? He calls you that He may forgive you your sins, and grant you respite till an appointed term.’ They said, ‘You are but men like ourselves; you desire to turn us away from that which our fathers used to worship. Bring us, then, a clear proof.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=10

1. Beelzedad profile image59

It matters not if you believe your god to be real, many others don't believe your god is real, that he is indeed imaginary.

Muhammad did not prove your god exists, all he ever did was claim he spoke to an angel. That is not proof of a god existing, it is just the word of one man.

Yes, we are in doubt. Please show us proof that your god exists.

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"fling it onto the fridge"
    Hadn't heard of that one before. I always use the ceiling.

If flung on the ceiling, it may fall into your hair.  If flung on the fridge it falls to the floor where the dog then eats it.

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Logical really. smile

Science, through the use of the "experiment" tool kit, produced that profound observation.

The use of the "logic" tool kit produces the hypothesis that the FSM may fall into your hair OR be eaten by the dog.  This brings forth the question "Has God been eaten by the dog?".

Now we have ourselves a deep and meaningful religious discussion!

I will contemplate the meaning with help from the truth of god.

I am about to heat and eat his holiness as we speak.
            I will soon be filled with the long hollow goodness of his noodliness.

Hallelujah!

Ramen.

May the FSM be with you Earnest!  It will enter you and spread throughout.  Or at least throughout your belly, and It will be good.

On a practical note, I find that his holiness is best served with a sauce, usually of tomato, but sometimes of other materials.  A little flesh from other creatures adds and helps alleviate the inevitable blandness and simplicity of his holiness.  Do enjoy yourself!

I can feel the fullness of the FSM within me. smile I did add spices and some of his many gifts to his holyness.

I am blessed!

I am happy for you!  Go forth and spread the word!  Tell the world of His Delicious Holiness!

Blessed be the FSM for his Gift of Full Bellyness!

Bless you wilderness! May his holiness bring forth loud and smelly farts of appreciation whenever you invite his holiness in to your inner self.

OOOOOOhhhhh! I can hardly stay in the same room as my appreciation!

His holiness loves garlic.
                    I think our old long gone labrador was highly religious. smile

5. Jaydeus profile image62
    Jaydeusposted 12 years ago

Let me quote myself from an earlier discussion...
    ''Yin/Yang=a whole
      God is love/Satan is hate
      God is  the creator of all, therefore he created Satan and thus     created hate.
      If God is both love and hate, he is black and white, the Yin and   the Yang.
      God is the sum of its parts.
      A positive and a negative cancels itself out,
      Therefore, God does not exist.''

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

And here I thought the only loonies in the bin were those who believed in a god as per ordinary religion. Now I know you're all nuts. lol

Did I ever say I wasn't nuts? lol

Actually Earnest, you've claimed to be sane and rational. tongue

That was before he ATE the FSM god.  At that point insanity and odors took over the day. lol

1. profile image0

lol

2. Cagsil profile image70

Good to know. I'll remember to try to not have conversation with either You or Earnest, after you've eaten. tongue

1. profile image0

They say its best to wait one hour after you eat

just saying

I'm also a shocking liar! lol

So, that means I cannot trust you when you tell me you are a liar or when you say anything with regards to yourself or your beliefs. tongue (j/k) tongue lol lol

Well spotted. I lied about lying. smile

lol

7. profile image52

Atheists- the People of Doubt,if they express their inability to prove that the Creator-God does not exist; it is their own helplessness; the best option for them is to start believing in Him and come out of their frustration.

What a joke. It's a real shame you cannot see beyond yourself long enough to see the nonsense in your own statements.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

It is only an option if you show us your proof.

lol
        I feel confident more "proof" is on the way. smile

8. profile image0
    jomineposted 12 years ago

All religions/creators are idiotic, contradictory, irrational and BS. If you desperately want to believe in nonsense, probably your EQ has some digits less.
    Also why not you believe in Creator Zeus, creator Brahma, Creator Viracocha, creator Atum, why only in Allah or YHWH?

"One believes in the Creator-God very naturally; no need for any argument necessarily. "
    When you made these idiotic observation didn't you know that, if left to grow up without any religion, no humans worship any creator?

1. profile image52

The Atheists- People of Doubt have always the word "BS" in their mouths; if they would have some reason with them, they would given the reason.

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As the person making the claims your are supposed to give rational explanations, not me. So far you have said only nonsense and quoted only from two of the most contradictory, inconsistent and violent books!

Sanity has doubts, lunacy has certainty.

There is much truth in that, Earnest!

9. profile image52

Lunacy has doubts, Sanity has certainty

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Other way around.

1. profile image52

Yes, and much better

paarsurrey wrote:

Lunacy has doubts, Sanity has certainty

psycheskinner wrote:

"Other way around.'

Your reply:

"Yes, and much better"

How can you twist that?

Very dishonest!

Hey Earnest...one word give him the power to twist- Hypocrite. tongue

Good luck with that.

Megalomania can be a very hard thing for religionists to shake. smile

3. Cagsil profile image70

I will agree with this, even as some people are disagreeing with it. However, I am sure you and I are not on the same page about it, simply due to your lack of knowledge.

Lunacy does indeed have doubts, but a lunatic will fill anything and everything with irrational based rantings.

Sanity has certainty, because one who is sane has rational based knowledge and wisdom discerned truth, to back up it's rantings.

Claiming there is a god is an irrational lunatics rantings, based on irrational beliefs.

Understanding no god exists is a rational ranting, based on knowledge and wisdom discerned truth, not beliefs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)