Quantcast shows improved traffic figures in the last week for HP site

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (22 posts)
  1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

http://www.quantcast.com/hubpages.com

Not quite time to get excited yet and the figures are still well down from what they were before the two slaps.  But let's hope that it's the beginning of a longer upward trend, rather than just a blip.

The fluctuating stats for one hubber are almost meaningless, but I did notice that my viewing figures, which normally dip drastically at the weekend, actually went up this past weekend.

2. JSAlison profile image61
    JSAlisonposted 12 years ago

It is a long way back but any kind of start is certainly welcome. I was shocked when I looked at Quantcast a week ago. If I had any shares in the site I would have sold them.

3. JSAlison profile image61
    JSAlisonposted 12 years ago

Just as an afterthought, it looks like Hubpages has caught up with Squidoo.

http://www.quantcast.com/squidoo.com

4. PaulGoodman67 profile image94

That first panda slap literally sent the traffic over a cliff!  Then the second one rubbed salt into the wound (sorry about the mixed metaphors).  It's difficult to believe that a company with HubPages' experience won't be able to pull back some, if not all of its lost traffic, and hopefully that's begun to happen.  Fingers crossed.

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Here's the 2 sites Quantcast results side by side for comparison.

Hubpages (all time)

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5056648_f248.jpg

Squidoo (all time)

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5056651_f248.jpg

1. JSAlison profile image61
      JSAlisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The graphs above have different scales so are a little misleading.

If you look at just the last weeks graphs you can see that Hubpages and Squidoo had roughly equal numbers of visitors over the last few days. If you look at page views, Hubpages has been noticeably ahead.

This could change of course, but I am hoping it doesn't.

6. subbuteoz profile image66
    subbuteozposted 12 years ago

It looks that a bit of bright light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully all the hard work that Hub-hoppers and HP staff have been doing to clean the site up is starting to payoff.

7. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 12 years ago

I have noticed some of most visited hubs reviving a little.

I have faith that HubPages will recover.

8. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

The HubPages team has been hard at work trying to resolve the stressful smack we got from the big "G" panda. It's nice to know that it may be starting to spring back some. When it's all said and done, I have to believe HP will be awesome and on the top once again! Thanks for the visual aides Izzy, awesome!

9. PaulGoodman67 profile image94

Looking at the latest version of the graph for HP, it's now looking like it was just a week long blip.  Sigh.

Three straight weeks of higher figures would be needed to show a consistent upward trend for the whole site, I reckon.

10. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5093991_f248.jpg

Still testing the lows... I suppose I'd better write another article.  Another 20 views will surely help.

11. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 12 years ago

Perhaps we are stabilizing, but the real test will be now until Christmas.

I sincerely hope that things turnaround.

PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  Even a slow steady gradual climb would be okay, I don't expect magic!  ;-)

12. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 12 years ago

Yes Paul, we should not expect for some magic to happen but we should be sure enough that Hubpages will climb back to its previous place after a few months. It will obviously take time for a site like HP that had been hit so severely. Every black cloud has a silver lining and we have already got a hint of that around 12 days back from today. Best of luck to everyone.

13. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 12 years ago

Here's the last 3 months for HP by week:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2w6yxc8.jpg

Not sure how anyone can construe that as being any kind of "upturn." Matter of fact, I believe they've sunk to a new low.

Here's a comparison of the past 6 months for HP and Squidoo -- HP in blue, Squidoo in green. If you look at the numbers, HP is down over last month and last year, while Squidoo is showing positive growth.

http://i56.tinypic.com/166zsdc.png

Look at the date of my original post, Irohner, it was two weeks ago and it was in specific reference to the week preceding where there was a 20% pick up in traffic.  Mine and others comments refer to that specific week.

It turned out to be a week long blip, as I pointed out a few days ago.

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paul - I was responding to Soni's post from two hours ago where he said that HP will "climb back to its previous place after a few months."

Ah, ok.  Apologies.

I would agree that the overall picture is as bad as ever.

2. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that's depressing... but kind of unsurprising to me personally, given my current traffic levels.

14. shogan profile image76
    shoganposted 12 years ago

Tough to analyze fairly.  I'm guessing before any upturn can be detected, HP will have to make up for a lot of lost revenue due to unpublished hubs.  So, it would seem to me that HP is suffering from a double whammy right now: Panda, as well as fewer money-making published articles.

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.

15. Mutiny92 profile image64
    Mutiny92posted 12 years ago

I wonder how much the removal of thousands of hubs from the high-performing spammers with the website "review" hubs have impacted this.  There were at least 5,000 hubs removed as a few of the most egregious ones had their accounts banned or all their hubs removed.

Here is the link:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/75436

The smart ones added the word "review" or "information" to the titles to circumvent policy, but the quality of the hubs themselves are subpar (IMHO).

These guys had millions of views each, so that had to have hurt...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)