Creating a links page for a series

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)
  1. CJStone profile image76
    CJStoneposted 12 years ago

I have written a number of hubs which are part of an interlinking series. In the past I simply created a links page, which acted like a chapter page, with a short snippet from each hub, and then a link, but it seems this is no longer allowed as it represents "duplicate content". So how can I link my series together and not be flagged for "duplicate content"?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't see why short summaries would cause problems with duplicate content rules. You can use the Groups feature to link related hubs together. The latest hub should go on top of the group, so the left/right arrows will navigate correctly. You can also insert links capsules within the hubs themselves.

http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/groups

2. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You might want to try what I did in my series on how to write bylaws for a nonprfit.  Just create a table of contents and use it in the first capsule of each hub in the series... like this:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Writing-Bylaws- … ion-Part-1

CJStoneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your reply. No the problem with that is that I would still have to send a whole bunch of links to any prospective publisher. I want one page which contains all the links. The other reason for this is that I wanted to consolidate all of my hubs into series and put the links page links onto my profile page. In fact I've just extensively rewritten the links Hub to get rid of the duplicate content, but they've flagged it again. I'm getting very frustrated here, not least as I've written to the HubPages team several times about this and no one can even be bothered to reply.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I guess that would depend on how much of your stuff you steal, for duplicate content.

If you are using a linking strategy, like one you are attempting to do, there actually isn't anything wrong with it. However, if you are going to link to other Hubs, then I would suggest that you use plenty of text capsules. Do not use the "link" capsule to create your links.

If you want to build a links page, then create one using all newly written summaries for them and link to them. It cannot be duplicate content, if you write independent summaries and then link.

You are allowed to link to your hubs and other people's hubs. The biggest problem is with linking to places outside Hubpages. That's when the rules get strict.

I hope that helped.

3. CJStone profile image76

I have used the groups feature. What I wanted to do was to create a hub which linked all the other hubs together. That way I can send one link to one hub to a prospective publisher which actually contains all the necessary links. It was common practice on Hubpages a couple of years ago, as I remember, and I already have a couple of links pages which do this, such as this one, for example: http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Home-Front However, when I attempted to do this for my latest series it was flagged for duplicate content and unpublished. These are all internal Hubpages links, links to my own hubs, and not links to pages outside Hubpages, so I am finding this very frustrating. I was using text capsules, not links capsules, but "borrowing" the text from the hub itself. I guess I have to rewrite all the summaries, but that just seems pointless somehow, an unnecessary labour.

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

In your original post, you requested alternative methods, and that was what I suggested.

I am familiar with other authors who have similar summaries, but like Cagsil pointed out the amount of duplicate text may be decisive. You could contact HubPages and ask for an exemption. Adding more original text may also help.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I did one for my impressionist artist hubs. I just had a pre-amble and then listed the hubs without summaries. It hasn't been unpublished for that. It was unpublished for too many Amazon ads but I took them off.

CJStoneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That might work, but as I say, I've rewritten all the snippets and its still being flagged. The thing is I can remember when I first started writing on HubPages having this recommended by the HubPages team themselves. It's incredibly frustrating. All I'm doing is trying to consolidate my work and I keep on getting flagged for it. What is going on here?

6. CJStone profile image76

OK, just to say thanks to everyone for replying to this thread. The only way to do it is to post a short summary which is not a quote from the hub itself. The links hub has been published at last. You can find it here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Housing-Benfit-Hill-links At least this shows what you can do and how to go about it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)