Moderation System Errors

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (27 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago

Does this message make any sense?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … google.com

To me it says, You can only link to a single domain twice (Im aware of that)

and then lists a bunch of links that are less than or equal to 2?

1. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

seems that the www.xobba and .xobba are causing the problem since they are technically the same domain.  It appears that there is one link to the root domain and 2 links to a post in the domain which equals 3 links to the same domain.   

Anyway, that's what I'm seeing from your posted info.  Try to remove one of the links to .xobba and that should work.

sunforgedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is that from looking at the cache? or how you interpreted the message?

As if there had actually been more then 2 links to any domain I wouldn't have been confused. Even by the old rules, it wouldnt have been publishable and its been around for a long time.

Am I missing a 3rd link in that article that I dont see? and how does one link become more than 2? (infobarrel and examiner)

I did cut one Xobba link and the examiner (dont think thats a very great site anymore) link and sent it back in.

But the point is - it wasnt a valid reason to unpublish

1. livewithrichard profile image72
          livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, it was from how I interpreted the message.  I looked at the cache and found only 2 links directly to xobba and just above there is a link to another one of you hubs that has a large link capsule pointing to xobba, though I don't know why this would cause a problem.

2. wordscribe43 profile image90
        wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really?  I only see two links to Xobba... I'm confused.

3. sunforged profile image71

You were right. There was a 3rd link below the comments that I didnt notice. I probably stuck it in when X was still in testing and later added the paragraph with 2 links.

So that was an "unpublishing" offense, I dont mind admitting mistakes and someone was kind enough to email with their eagle eye observation.

I still dont understand the warning message calling IB 2 links and Examiner 2 links, but thats a bit moot since the x links were above the 2 theshold.

Thanks for the help, to all!

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Hub has three links to Xobba.com, as it appears you figured out (as it's published again).   I'm not sure why the listed links were off, that may be a bug.  I'll take a look at it.

It seems that you chose to ignore the email we sent you 5 weeks ago that listed your Hubs with link related violations, so I figured I'd provide you with an up to date list.   The good news is there are only 10 left (down from the original 31).   My recommendation is that you correct them before they become unpublished:

1. http://hubpages.com/hub/Juicy-Couture-Bikini-Deals - too many product listings (ascii art does not count as words)

2. http://hubpages.com/hub/Paypal-Postage- … rs-secrets - 4 links to magicianofinformation.com

3. http://hubpages.com/hub/Auctivacom-reported-attack-site - clickbank link, plus 4 links to sunforged.wordpress.com (3 in RSS, plus 1 in the Hub)

4. http://hubpages.com/hub/pumpkin-carving-templates-free - clickbank links

5. http://hubpages.com/hub/Thesis-skins - clickbank link (redirected to via magicianofinformation.com)

6. http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Prepare- … d-Campaign - clickbank and marketsamurai.com links

7. http://hubpages.com/hub/Maximizing-online-profits - clickbank link

8. http://hubpages.com/hub/Mobile-Marketin … e-monopoly - clickbank link

9. http://hubpages.com/hub/Cooking-a-veget … ter-dinner - clickbank link

10. http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-a-Blog-GoD … -HostGator - restricted topic (web hosting) with affiliate links jdoqocy.com and dpbolvw.net

Enjoy the free backlinks!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paul, he cannot respond for many hours. He was banned for some reason, which is unknown. hmm Or was that a moderation error? lol

2. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

Why bother? Post those hubs somewhere else where these bots will not have reach. smile

3. sunforged profile image71

Its well placed.

I moved hubs that were well formatted yet didnt fit their rules to xobba and they are performing well already.

I only want to work on old content if I have to. But, these emails are a constant annoyance and rarely make sense. I should just block hubpages email, so at least my mornings arent constantly rained on.

I dont see what the hell is wrong with this one - and that warning/unpublished message lacks any logic.

Such things should be chronicled and open.

4. sunforged profile image71

I believe he was interpreting the numbers in the list as being quantities ? - I think they are intended as an ordered list.

All I know is Im not this dumb and these HP mod messages all make me feel completely confused.

But, hey, we can chat on the feed now! and push up ad impressions, who needs to write.

1. wordscribe43 profile image90

Yeah, no kidding.  I'm stumped about why this hub was unpublished, and worried any one of us could be in your shoes.

Since Panda, I've launched 2 sites, so I'm pretty much engrossed with them now.  It was the impetus I needed to move onto bigger and better things.

Just yesterday I had a chance to check out Xobba (after I finally figured out it was your site).  Nicely done!  I would like to join, is it invitation only?

It will revert back to invite only after a short recruitment/promo period. I think you would have been sent an invite via the 60dc forum 4 - 5 months ago when beta testing began.

You certainly would be welcome, it would be an honor even.

Nice... I'll get on that, Sunforged.  Hope all if well with you and yours...  I guess your little girl is about a year old by now?  My "little girl" is almost 12 and my twins are 9 1/2... brace yourself, it goes fast!

2. Rebecca E. profile image77
          Rebecca E.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I looked over at Xobba--- this looks like anawesome website, well done.  I'm at excerptz, and frankly with excerptz I'e had more fun in a long time. 

You've done a terrific job with your site.  Maybe one day I'll allowed in smile

5. sunforged profile image71

she is 1 ... Tomorrow!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216479_537459880405_147401353_31229328_1159941_n.jpg

smile

Wow!  Lucky guess on the age...  She is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!  Happy birthday to her! 

I miss the days I could dress my girls in such cute frocks.  Congrats on making through year one.  In the next few months she will change sooo much.  I love 15 to 18 months, you really get to see their personalities. 

I'm glad you figured out where the third link was... What a pain.

2. Rebecca E. profile image77
      Rebecca E.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

wordscribe said it best-- oh how cute! a reall sweetie!

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Way cool! smile big_smile Great picture! smile

Thanks Ray, I have thousands of them now!

1. IzzyM profile image88
          IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I used to think I was taking too many of my babies - but really there is no such thing as 'too many' because those moments can never be recaptured again. Enjoy them, little ones grow so quickly!

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
            CASE1WORKERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

she is lovely- mine are all grown up, but sometimes they will do something and I will see the baby in them- enjoy- the time passes so quickly

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Sunforged,

Happy birthday to your precious little one. She is absolutely adorable. smile

6. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 12 years ago

Ahh, good catch. I scrolled through the comments since links inside the comments are now working against us as well but I didn't even notice the last link below.

After my 3rd round of corrections, I decided that it just wasn't worth my effort so I started my exodus to my own sites.  I'm moving all of my SEO related content to my blogging tips site first.  I'm not abandoning ship, just removing content that is getting me traffic here but not the revenue it, and I, once enjoyed.  And like you, that content is already getting traffic to my other site and earning more than it's been earning here since Panda.

I'm probably relocating a third of my content but I still have 20 or more URL's saved here to become hubs. They're all biography types and I have no blogs in that niche as of yet.  I'm a big proponent of multiple streams of income and though the adsense has pretty much dried up here, except for an occasional spike here and there, the HP ad program has potential with the right traffic.

7. sunforged profile image71

Since Im so annoyingly vocal when I think things are going wrong, its only  fair to point out that the Hub in Question was already cleared and republished.

Thats was a turnaround of only a few hours. I bet Google didnt even notice.

8. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Hope you all have a Happy Birthday 'day'. Lovely photo, she is a real sweetie-pie, what a lovely smile.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)