Do you believe in generational curses and blessings?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (94 posts)
  1. sassyk73 profile image71
    sassyk73posted 12 years ago

I do. However, I would love to hear your point of view.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I suspect all that comes from superstition before people knew about genetics, when genetic defects were observed eg club feet.

My pentecostal mother still goes for the generational curses stuff though

1. heavenbound5511 profile image65
        heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

And she is wise no matter your argument otherwise.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hmm

tongue

2. profile image0

my mother wise?  She's known for saying things like 'chocolate is 100% fat' and she insisted that the pH scale went the opposite way eg 14 is acid.

She argues something with her facts all jumbled - a bit like you do actually

How low and dishonorable to your Mother.
            This shows your foolishness .

1. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why is it dishonorable to point out someone ignores facts? It's a simple statement. Do you advocate people pretend a lie is the truth, simply to appease others?

1. profile image0

that's what religionists do - I'm used to it.  I'm used to being referred to as 'disturbing' or 'crucifying someone' or 'bitter'  if I disagreed with anything I was indoctrinated with.
                My mother is not a very educated person - it's not her fault that she didn't get much schooling.   Neither did my father.  Both left school by age 14.  My mother has a personality that is ruled by her emotions & is rather superstitious - it's just the way she is.
                I don't happen to agree with what I as indoctrinated with as a child.  That does not automatically make me foolish or disrespectful.  I refuse to be blamed anymore for dysfunction in my family.
                The stuff on hb's profile is the type of stuff my mother rants, although she's learnt to tone it down around me and my husband (probably because she knows we would avoid her with all that carry-on)

1. profile image0

No, it doesn't. But, hb is only doing what they all appear to do. Looking under a microscope to detect something they can fabricate a sin in.

Not really religion's fault. They are better than the rest of us. We're just being unappreciative of their infinite wisdom by not ignoring reality so we can bow to their absurd conclusions, and unfounded accusations.

1. profile image0

I choose to live my life now based in reality, not looking for demons and devils everywhere

2. psycheskinner profile image84
                psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is dishonorable to hold up your mother as an example of ignorance in a public forum, and says more about you than her.

1. profile image0

I think it speaks volumes about the way religion hurts family relationships. I didn't see anything dishonorable in her comment.

1. profile image0

Emile - Thank you for having the wisdom to see this for exactly what is is

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60
                  Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Psyche, Exactly. Bailey doesn't seem to be aware that she has dishonored her mother. It's very disrespectful.

1. profile image0

This is one of the things I find so irritating about christianity - the way that a neutral statement is twisted into some moral failing.  Why do christians think they have the automatic right to judge others? 
                    And, I'm sure I've said before WoC, you remind me of my mother

2. sassyk73 profile image71
                    sassyk73posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey woman of courage. I did know you were there. It is always a pleasure to see you smile

3. profile image0

you don't know me nor my mother and her identity has not been revealed.  How is it dishonorable to make a statement of fact after someone else that has never met my mother assumed she must be wise because they share the same religion?  If I were to describe any member of my family as 'wise', it would be my father.  Anyone that knows my family would agree, including my mother!

2. profile image0

yet it's okay for her to say people are possessed by the devil?  Just because you believe this nonsense too, you think people should listen? 
              You can think I'm foolish - it doesn't bother me what you think of me. 
              I see your posts as foolishness

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
                dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Heaven, your words:
                "How low and dishonorable to your Mother.
                This shows your foolishness .

so please inform us, when did God, pass you the responsibility to Judge and or be one of the authorities for him. I believe the book says there will be no Gods after him, sooo Why do you think you can judge any one.
                If I remember he railed at the Pharisees.  I guess your delusive version leaves that part out, right?

Hold your judgments please, you are human. You are in delusional existence, but...you are still, ONLY, Human.  Chill with the righteous act please.

3. profile image0

HB - so it's dishonorable that I don't agree with your statement that my mother is wise just because she shares your religion, no matter what I say, yet you have written a hub about your mother's life as a prostitute and stripper.

Thank you baileybear. I respect your beliefs. I appreciate you answering my question.

2. deblipp profile image59
      deblippposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It can be done on purpose; I've met siblings suffering the effects of a curse on their parents, however, I don't think it's right!

Thank you deblipp for your response.

3. lukesmith83 profile image60
      lukesmith83posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe there are generational curses and blessings.  However, I think they can be broken.  Left unchallenged, they will probably always be passed down.

Thank you for replying lukesmith83.

4. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sass, In truth from traveling so much I can see it as possible. I just usually look more to the science side. 

not so much a curse as possibly a underdeveloped gene that aids in the development of the disease. DNA fault maybe. But yes, it can seem like it is a curse. Because some can be passed on.

Interesting question, makes you really think.

Thank you dutchman for providing your thoughts. They are most welcomed.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Yes. Diabetes runs in my family.

It runs in my family too.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

??? Do you refer to witch doctors affecting multiple generations or to basic genetics?

I suppose the first could happen if the cursee is aware of the curse and believes.  The second is a certain thing, based on mathematical probabilities.

1. profile image0

Basic genetics. I was just joking with her. Poorly, apparently. smile

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I was responding to the OP.  The wonders of a forum thread!

Doesn't look like she's coming back, though.  Too bad.

No offense....I appreciate humor. Thank you smile

I'm sorry wilderness.....I was referring to a person paying for what was done by a family member before they were born.  I like your answer smile I had to step away for a father's day celebration.

1. lyndre profile image60
        lyndreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I must had a right bad bastard of a forefather.

I have being paying big time.

Lol.....Thank you for responding.

4. jstfishinman profile image60
    jstfishinmanposted 12 years ago

The Old Testament says that sins are repeated to the third and fourth generation. You can see this in many ways in our society.
    Grandmother got a divorce, mother did the same, child did the same, grandchild did the same. men that cheat on their spouses also tend to pass that sin down. It doesn't HAVE TO HAPPEN, we have choices to make, but bad choices seem to multiply

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And each time that happens the children are living in a situation that they would have never chosen.

It is a much harder clime to the top when your journey begins from the bottom rung o the ladder.

In those families that are not making so many mistakes;  ...
      their children begin their journey hiher up the ladder.

That is my thoughts.

I agree with you. I notice a lot of things that were repeated in my family but I decided not to make those choices and history did not repeat with me.

3. sassyk73 profile image71

jstfishinman - I agree with you. In Ezekiel 37:25-28 the bible speaks on a generational blessing. Then in Deuteronomy 5:9-10 on a generational curse. I see these things happen all the time. Yes, it is unfortunate that more bad choices than good are being made.

5. jacharless profile image76
    jacharlessposted 12 years ago

A curse or a blessing by title are based on covenant agreement.
    Therefore, under that agreement, a violation is a curse, which continues through several generations until the 'strength' of it is wiped out. Likewise a blessing is set in place until the strength of it is filled up. Often that takes several generations as well.

Mystically, either | or, is based on suspicion, speculation or fear.

Remember: sin is nothing more than the mentality associated with laws, the knowledge of right |  wrong. Anything within that stasis is effected by those laws -be them laws of nature, laws of man or laws of governess.

James.

Thank you...I agree with you also.

The bible says a lot about generational curses.

From my study notes : The curses in Duet affects 10 generations =400 yrs.
        Curses attract demons. A curse can mark one as a target.
        Curses exist because sin exists.
        How to break the generational curses>

Lev 26: 40If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;

41And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:

42Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.

Gal 3:13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Thank you heavenbound5511 smile

2. crystolite profile image66
      crystoliteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, James you said it all. Thank you smile

Thank you all for participating in my forum. I just wanted to get different point of views. I respect everyone's replies. We are all different and should not have the same beliefs. Then we would be boring smile

1. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It has nothing to do with being boring, which is another topic altogether, but instead has everything to do with what your god wants you to believe, not what you want to believe. And, if your god wants everyone to believe what he commands you to believe, then no one should have different beliefs. smile

God made us to have our own free will. Therefore, if someone chooses not to believe what I believe it is not for me to judge. It is a simple thing to have compassion and understanding towards someone. That is how Jesus treated people. That is how I am. Don't belittle me or anyone else because they don't conform to your belief or should I say opinion.  Yes, you do provide constructive criticism but you don't have to be so rude. You can take it how you see it but "My God don't llke ugly!"

Does that free will give you the authority to change that which god commands of you or are you supposed to believe what your god commands you to believe?

We're not talking about judging, we are talking about what your god wants you to believe as opposed to what you want to believe. You said yourself, that people should possess different beliefs or else it would be boring. That makes no sense. People should believe what their god wants them to believe, yes?

Anyone can do that without any knowledge of Jesus, it's a very simple concept to figure out on your own, especially when humans already possess the capacity for compassion and understanding.

No one is belittling you or asking you to conform, I have simply shown your post didn't make sense. If anything, shouldn't you be conforming to what your god wants and not what you want?

I am not being rude.

That is exactly my point, which is what your god wants, likes, dislikes, etc. If you don't conform to your gods commands and you decide what you want to believe, doesn't that go against what your god wants? smile

1. profile image0
                Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you have children?  Do you want peace, happiness, and joy for them?  Do you allow them their own free will?  Do they sometimes do things that keep them from being peaceful and happy?  Free will is just that...free.

Yes, there is a plan, but we are all allowed to choose what we choose, even if it doesn't fit into that plan.  Therefore, it becomes not about blaming God, but taking responsibility for our own actions when things don't work out the way our Father wants them to.

Fair enough, but that isn't something imparted by a god, it's merely the state of being alive and living in our world. And, regardless of what I want for my children or others does not preclude what they want.

That is something totally different than what religions command of their followers, which is obedience and subservience to their gods wishes. That is not free will, that is servitude. And, regardless of what believers want for their children and others, they are bound to their servitude to their god first and foremost.

There are plenty of examples of this in the bible.

No, I don't think so, there are plenty of biblical verses that would not agree with you.

You just contradicted yourself. If we have free will, then we don't care what our Father wants as we have the free will to decide our own fates. However, if we do what our Father wants, we are not allowed free will but are instead bound by the servitude of the Father. smile

My post made sense to me smile but your good at what you do. I'm not mad at you. Thank you for your comments Beelzedad.

Really? How does logical contradiction make sense? Oh well. smile

Lol.....beelzedad smile I like you. You keep people on their toes. smile Even if I can't keep up with you. You are very interesting. Again, thank you.

6. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

Hmmm, what an interesting question.  Aside from what Scripture says about generational curses and blessings, I tend to believe that all can be broken by the gift of free will.  I tend not to look at genetics as spiritual by any means, so the fact that diabetes or anything else may run in my family wouldn't make me consider myself cursed.  General good health from a genetic history wouldn't make me consider myself blessed, at least not from a generational blessing/curse type point of view. 

I believe that a person's teaching to their children can be a blessing or a curse, and I'm thankful that I was taught to strive after being a decent, giving, loving, and nonjudgmental person.  I say strive after, because sometimes I fail, but I think of it less as a curse than as a simple failure on my part to do good on occasion.  At the end of the day, breaking a curse is completely within my power by the choices I make.  I come from a family of alcoholics, but have chosen not to become one.  That's a curse I'm glad to say I have chosen to break of my own free will - the greatest blessing ever.

Again, very interesting question.  smile

Thank you motown2chitown.....you are awesome.

1. profile image0

Thanks, sassy.  smile  I try to be kind, if nothing else.

I know you do. I am glad you are here.

7. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

I think that's the reason that if one believes in the Judeo-Christian faith generational curses or prosperity has to be a reality since all mankind have been cursed due to the actions of Adam and Eve.

Has there not been a book written "Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?"

In the history of mankind the pompous human being always act like they have all the answers and they never do.

1. profile image0

I mentioned that I believe in many of the generational curses in Scripture, because I believe in a Judeo-Christian religion.  Does that make me a pompous human being acting like I have all the answers?

Sweeping generalizations aren't fair to anyone.  You miss a good deal of wisdom when you only cast your nets to one side or another, imo.

1. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I you believe in faith as having present in this life then you are not the pompous human of whom I speak.  Those who I speak only hear their own voice and no one elses.

1. profile image0

I appreciate that response...thank you. smile

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Not really, it just shows the difference between believing things and understanding things. smile

1. profile image0

You know, this is why I don't generally respond to you - because your comments are quite condescending and snide in tone.  You do insult people, but you do it in such a way that you make it look as though you are being kind and solicitous and open minded, when in truth, you're calling them foolish because they haven't accepted the reality that you purport to be the ONLY reality.  It just gets old to be honest with you - and it's not fair at ALL to people who don't recognize it for the insulting and belittling attitude that it actually is. 

sad

If believers are going to promote religions as being the ONLY reality we all live in, with no evidence whatsoever to support their beliefs and the fact that there are so many religions and factions all promoting their versions of gods, with little more than conflict and wars resulting, they are promoting ignorance and dishonesty, not to mention the other nasty bits of their religions, which is far more insulting and condescending than anything. It is their promotion of religions that have been and continue to destroy mankind.

Do you consider that fair to all people?

smile

1. profile image0

Sure don't.  Which is the very reason that I don't do it.  Carry on.

smile

Yet, you support the very organization and beliefs that cause those problems and support the indoctrination for which you've become accustomed. Why would anyone willingly want to do such a thing? smile

1. profile image0

For reasons which no matter how hard we try, we are unable to promote an understanding of, I suppose.  The truth is that no matter how hard you try or I try, we may never actually come to understand each other's reasons for believing or not believing.  I personally am comfortable with that, and I recognize that not everyone can or will say that.  It's enough for me to live with the fact that you do not understand my views except as foolishness or the inability to live in reality.  It may never be enough for others, and, sadly, may continue to cause conflict for centuries to come.  There may be nothing that you or I can ever do to stop that...not even were we to come to total agreement about everything. 

Wow...tbh, this is actually seeming to me like a productive conversation we're having, Beelzedad.  Who'da thunk, hey?

smile

Oh no, I do understand why believers believe, yourself included. The real question is, do you actually "understand" why believers don't accept your beliefs or the beliefs of other religions?

You are free to believe that just as you are free to believe your religions doctrines. You have the ability to live in reality because that is exactly what you're doing. It's just devoid of those magical super beings your religion tells you exist.

Yes, there is something that can be done, it's called breaking the cycle of religious indoctrination. Simple, really.

They can all be productive if we leave out the myth stuff. smile

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Agreed, and our historic past has been ruled by religious thought and decision making processes. smile

8. Precious Pearl profile image74
    Precious Pearlposted 12 years ago

Yes, I do.  Generational curses can run rampant if not taken authority over, prayed and fasted over.  In my family ... it is alcoholism, sexual immorality, adultery and perversion.  My father was an alcoholic .. I married an alcoholic.  His mother is a narcisist and all three of her children are narcisistic.  All of them have alcohol problems ... my ex- mother-in-law & brother-in-law are both alcoholics and my two sister-in-laws are married to alcoholics.  I would have been an alcoholic if not for the saving grace of Jesus.  I am having to break the generational curse through prayer and fasting so that my daughter doesn't walk that way ... the only difference she has known our Heavenly Father from the womb and loved Him.  She has surrendered her life to Him and the curse is broken.

My goodness, they must all be evil atheists or non-beleivers. Christians would never behave that way. smile

1. Precious Pearl profile image74
        Precious Pearlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Beelzedad, ... all of us struggle with a sin nature.  So good Christian or not, saved or not... generational curses are not discriminating.

Thank you for your good answer Precious Pearl

1. Precious Pearl profile image74
        Precious Pearlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome, Sassyk73!  It is my pleasure ... part of healing is transparency.  How can people know of deliverance unless we share our testimony?

9. profile image0
    Valemanposted 12 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by generational curses.  If you mean does bad luck run in families, then I would have to say yes.  Well, not luck exactly, as I don't believe in this, but certainly some families do seem to have terrible circumstances, which continue down the generations. Whether this is genetic or simply down to education, I don't know.  Or it may simply be because the law of averages doesn't always work out exactly, and some people could end up with an unfair lot in life, which might seem like a curse.  As to blessings, I think these are often created by people themselves.  Maybe some families are more optimistic and see blessings, where others would not notice what are positive circumstances.

Valeman, what I meant was do you think we are paying for the things that our past generations have done. Thank you for your response. I enjoyed reading it smile

10. vtwilli profile image79
    vtwilliposted 12 years ago

Yes, I actually do. The bible is clear evidence of it.

Thank you for your reply vtwilli smile

11. istephan profile image60
    istephanposted 12 years ago

Well, I have some mixed feelings for this as I do believe in blessings as its much more than good wishes while I am not sure that curse exist.
    I read somewhere that Bible is the evidence, yes I believe that Bible is the evidence for blessing that are really heavenly good-wishes and Jesus Christ has came for the Change... A change in mankind and a change in the system, of course a change that to bring for ourselves by HIS life journey, but he never talked or practice any curse upon anyone specifically.
    He came to make free everyone from every evil. I believe you get my answer my dear.

Yes, I get it......thank you so much for your reply smile

12. sassyk73 profile image71
    sassyk73posted 12 years ago

Bailey I have issues with my family so I understand what your saying. It is easy for someone to judge you. However, they don't know you.  They haven't  walked in your shoes. You don't have explain yourself because people will never understand because they are on the outside looking in.

13. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I don't believe in curses or blessing, generational or otherwise. But I do believe in karma because I've seen, what I believe it to be, working in my life.  If there are "curses or blessing" they are most likely just the natural cause and effect of the actions of those involved. There are rewards and consequences to everything we do.

1. profile image0
      Valemanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Whilst my logical mind would deny the possibility of karma, I have noticed that there are patterns to life, with the same experiences happening again and again, almost as if we are meant to be learning something, and until we have learnt it, then they will keep on happening.  I have also noticed that my family seem to have had similar events happening to them down the generations.

14. profile image0
    Total Rejuveposted 12 years ago

Sassy, what an interesting question!  My belief is that because the current state of our DNA is directly influenced by not only what we think, eat and do, but by what all of our direct ancestors thought, ate and did, that it would be hard to avoid the generational influence for good or bad.  I suppose whether a propensity toward a certain behavior is a curse or a blessing is between God and the person.  I feel that part of this mortal experience is having gifts and abilities for the purpose of serving and strengthening others.  To facilitate growth I also believe that we are allowed the struggles and weaknesses so we may come to understand ourselves and others, and to humble us that we might draw closer to God for strength.  Through this process we can develop a very personal relationship with Him.  I do believe that even with all of our foibles that we are so deeply loved and so perfectly known and understood by Him who gave us life, that if we ask in faith, believing that we will receive, He will help us to make our weaknesses strengths. I have experienced that many times and still have much work to do to turn my many weaknesses into strengths. This is part of the journey of life for me: to gratefully acknowledge the good that I was given by generations past, and to be the generational blessing for my family past, present and future by seeking every day to be a better person than I was the day before.

Total Rejuve, what a beautiful response. Thank you.

1. profile image0

sassy, I was going to say the very same thing!  Great minds, you know...lol

smile

15. mothercristina profile image57
    mothercristinaposted 12 years ago

Wow, a lot of interesting reading here. I think the belief began with God stating in the Bible (in Exodus?) that a sin against Him will carry on to the 4th generation (the curse of it or the evil in the genes, I'm not sure). Don't quote me on that exactly, but I know it's something like that. I agree with what someone on here said, that it is able to be passed on if the family is left unchanged, but can be broken.

16. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

American History records hatred passed down through the years not by God but by man.

Look at the Civil War

Look at The Hatfields & The McCoys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield-McCoy_feud

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)