woman dies at own funeral - not resurrected

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (27 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Baileybearposted 12 years ago

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/- … n-funeral/

Woman declared dead wakes up in coffin screaming then dies. Wasn't dead in the first place.

1. aka-dj profile image66
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Investigations are continuing...

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

we rescued a little bird that was very cold. It actually rolled over with feet in air like died.  Then warmth of hubby's hands must have revived it because it 'came back to life'.  Continued to keep it warm & give it fluids  & some ground up fish (was a young kingfisher) until could get it to a wildlife carer.  She was surprised we managed to keep it alive for over 24 hours

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well done. Kingfishers are precious smile

1. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5196588_f248.jpg
          Here he was when we found him.  He was very cold and not moving.  It is likely he collided with the window.  Just left the nest.  Azure kingfisher.

1. Paraglider profile image88
            Paragliderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice smile
            We did a similar rescue with a fledgling chaffinch (we called him halfinch!) which also turned out well.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Until reading your OP and just from the title, I was going to say, I hoped that she was dead, considering it was her funeral. lol

However, in light of reading your OP, I guess I am not surprised. lol

1. profile image0

I recall a news item about a funeral director that couldn't work anymore after killing a woman that wasn't actually dead.  He knew as soon as he cut to drain. 

There was a thread not long ago about some chap 'brought back to life' (and still looked half dead)

3. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

I actually heard of this happening in a morgue once the man woke up while he was being bloodlet.

The coroner quickly covered him up with a sheet and wheeled him out of there post haste, so he would not realize where he was waking up.

He was immediately taken to the hospital and survived.

Something to do with blood pressure and when he was relieved of some of the blood in his body he woke up. Very weird.

4. profile image0
    Valemanposted 12 years ago

I watched a TV programme about the subject of people declared dead but weren't.  It said that this is more common than thought.  It mentioned an old graveyard, which was being dug up, and it was discovered that a quarter of the coffins showed signs that the person had been buried alive.  Apparently there is a fine line between life and death, and doctors don't always get it right.  I don't know which would be worse - to wake up under 6 feet of earth or in the flames of cremation.

1. sassyk73 profile image72
      sassyk73posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Now that gives you something to think about.

1. profile image0

yep, that they weren't really dead in the first place - no resurrection

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm really pleased to have missed that one! smile

5. mariasial profile image66
    mariasialposted 12 years ago

i can only say its so tragic

1. profile image0

apparently the husband is angry because perhaps she could have been helped

6. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

She probably died from embarassment of the outfit they had put on her for the burial.

You guys down under do know to check for a pulse when someone is unconscious? That's a good indicator of life, I hear.

1. earnestshub profile image80

Australian and New Zealand men need a tattoo that reads.

"Please double check, I may be dead drunk!"

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

That's a sad truth though. There was a man here who laid on his porch dead for a day or two. His family left him there because they thought he was drunk.

Yes, that is very sad. A friend of mine who was still quite young, got drunk and died of exposure in the street of a small town. Found in the morning about 8am, too late to save him.

The thing about humour is we often laugh at the truth we find in it. I dunno how valid that is. smile

1. profile image0

I think it's very valid. But, it's healthy emotionally I think. It keeps things in a balanced perspective. No good ever comes from taking life too seriously.

I enjoy humour too, it is a great way to say some things that would be harder to say in other ways.

I am enjoying a lot of female humorists who seem to have taken hold in my city.
              They take on some very interesting subjects. smile

2. profile image0

my sister used to have a warped sense of humour before she went all pious.  I remember telling her about an article I read about how people get skewered by the drive shaft of American cars & she said 'then they catch fire, and you've got kebabs!'

2. profile image0

apparently that one was in Russia.  If I recall correctly, the other one I read about was in NZ. 
      Often it's hard to tell - no detectable pulse etc

1. profile image0

I read a story about a woman declared dead in a hospital, they were waiting for the funeral home to pick up the body, and she came back to life. She'd been dead for about five hours. The doctors were adamant that she had been dead.

1. profile image0

many years ago I heard the testimony of a man that woke up in a morgue.  He had a near-death-experience and converted to christianity.  Quite an interesting story.  I've since learned that NDEs are surprisingly common, and most people report pleasant recollections.

There have also been cases where people have been chilled very quickly by falling in iced water or similar then come 'back to life' when warmed up

1. profile image0

I've never been interested enough to read about near death experiences. You just couldn't know if they were dreaming or it was real. I'm afraid I've always accepted the medical explanation; but I suppose if it happened to me I'd change my tune. Personal experience is a powerful motivator.

I do know that every older person I know who has died slowly has spent a percentage of their final days talking to long dead relatives who they saw in the room. It makes me sometimes wonder.

1. profile image0

I researched some for my hub about death (a christian requested I write one).  They think the 'white light/tunnel' phenomenon is the optic nerve shutting down. 
              The majority of people had pleasant experiences, often with deities of the religion of their culture.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)