Hubpages July Contest

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (24 posts)
  1. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 12 years ago

I had somewhere that there is a contest in July at Hubpages. I am unable to find any information regarding the same. Can someone give some information about the contest.

2. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

same, I assumed it would be the beginning of the month like the other contests, but not a word. I suppose sometime after the holidays. smile

3. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

I have domain giveaway contest running on my sites. No idea about HP contest. smile

4. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

I suspect that the HP staff have bigger things to worry about just now - like how to deal with the Amazon fall out and the gently steaming heap of spam and dross choking the life out of the site

5. Just Ask Susan profile image88
    Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/06/share- … re-a-like/
    This is the post that was on Facebook about the contest in July. And the link is to the HubPages Blog

6. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

It starts on Monday at 12 noon Pacific. It was posted on Facebook.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image88
      Just Ask Susanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Gordon smile

7. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 12 years ago

I hate facebook......

8. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

I thought this started on the first! Aargh! I couldn't find the actual start date and time anywhere but in a comment on a post on FB. I published two posts on the 1st with the contest tag! Oh well. C'est la vie.

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bad luck - hope you have plenty more ideas to get you involved in the contest. Curious to where you found the contest tag, however - that is one thing I haven't seen anywhere.

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
        ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I may have misread the blog/newsletter announcement about it. I read the line "You can write about whatever you like- just make sure to add the “Contest” tag before publishing for your entry to count" and thought the tag was 'contest' since it was in quotes. Oops! It's been a loooong week for me.  lol

9. Danette Watt profile image82
    Danette Wattposted 12 years ago

I also thought it started on the first, which goes to show how prepared I am because I didn't post anything, LOL.

There was a bit about it in a Hub Weekly newsletter but that's about the only time I saw anything about it. Odd that they haven't advertised it more.

Have no idea where the contest logo is, will probably be on the post when they announce the start of the contest tomorrow

1. profile image0
      Giselle Maineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm really confused too.... I'd really like to see more information that just what is on the blog post... the blog post doesn't even give the official start date (at least, not that I could see).  I agree with Danette Watt that it's a bit surprising that it hasn't been more advertised.  I'm eagerly hoping for more news soon!

10. ianleverette47 profile image68
    ianleverette47posted 12 years ago

Hey guys,

I waited until the 4th of July to post my contest article. I'm positive that I read the contest starts in July, so I waited until after the week-end. I've had this prepared for weeks now and published about 11:00am.

Now I just read it starts at noon! That better not be the case. I'm not promoting my HUB but this contest and the posting times were clearly not promoted right for all to understand.

I have no idea where the URL is on Facebook to go and read all the HUBS, but if I get rejected because I posted an hour earlier, I'll be bringing out the Voodoo dolls for sure.

I took a lot of time and thinking on this one like most people when a contest comes up, so be fair People of HubPages.

If you'd like me to take over the publishing of New Contest Rules and Times, Just ask. I'll see to it that everyone understands and knows the URL or page to go to. I never (like most) saw a 12:00pm start time.

My 11:00am posting must carry some weight if that was the case. Some part of the world must have been Noon at 11am Eastern time.

11. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Still searching...    Has the contest started????? and if so, what is the tag?   HELP !

12. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

There is always a sticky thread at the top of the forums as well as a link to the contest directly from the stats page when a contest is in progress.

I know they advertized one on their blog, but it just can't have started yet else we would have heard.

To the newbies here, Hubpages are facing some pretty severe difficulties at the moment. I would imagine the contest is the last thing on their minds.

When it starts we will all be told, until then all hubs of quality are welcome on the site, contest or not.

13. Denise Handlon profile image86

Best to sit and wait until the next set of directions...nothing else to do w/o the right or complete info.  Thanks Izzy

14. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Izzy, Denise, and everyone, here is the link again to the blog post:

July Contest

All the information is laid out there...

1. profile image0

Hi RedElf.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  I think the reason for the confusion is that the blog post says: "We will be sharing the detailed Share and Share a Like rules and timing on an official contest page soon".  So far, a separate official contest page does not exist yet, and this lack has made it unclear to many of us whether the contest has actually started or not.  For example, things like the official start date and time are not listed on that blog post link.  So, many of us are confused.  In contrast, the previous contest had much more clearly documented rules and entry conditions. I know Hubpages is really busy these days, but I think a lot of hubbers would like to see official contest entry conditions and start/end dates and times.

1. Denise Handlon profile image86
        Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Giselle for pointing out the confusion so succintly.

15. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 12 years ago

Finally! Someone posted this link on a different forum thread about this contest! See rules etc here: http://hubpages.com/static/share_and_share_a_like.php

16. Denise Handlon profile image86

Giselle-bravo to you for finding the info and bringing it out here to everyone.  Thank you.  Had I not returned here to take a peek before closing for the evening I would have missed it.  Thanks for your assistance.

1. profile image0

Thanks Denise!  smile

17. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

For anyone who hasn't noticed it, there is a blue contest link at the top of your page big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)