Anyone here from the UK?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (30 posts)
  1. chablis345 profile image59
    chablis345posted 12 years ago

I would love to know if there are any other Brit Hubbers out there in Hub Land!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I'm not but there are lots. Lots of people from all over the world.

3. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I'm from Treorci in the Rhondda.

4. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 12 years ago

Yes I'm from the U of K and still live here!

5. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 12 years ago

I'm from Norwich! Nice to meet you and welcome to hubpages.....there are lots of Brits on here smile

6. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

"Alwight"

Nice to meet you.
    Elena from London.smile

7. recommend1 profile image59
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

I am UK - but live in China

8. Judi Bee profile image91
    Judi Beeposted 12 years ago

Hi, I'm in the UK - there seem to be quite a few of us :-)

9. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

I am from the centre of the Universe good old Manchester......

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I'm from Manchester also.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image73
        Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Manchester, England, England!

Manchester, very important place, home of Coronation Street  you know. Well, technically that's Salford, but near enough!

10. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

Yes, I am from Leicester

11. 2uesday profile image64
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

I am.

12. PK2010 profile image65
    PK2010posted 12 years ago

Hi,

Welcome aboard!

PK2010 from London.

13. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Hi I'm Liz from Buckingham Palace

I thought it was you.. The avatar just gives it away!

14. Melovy profile image93
    Melovyposted 12 years ago

Yes I’m from the UK. (Scotland.) Just seen the post above me, good to see we’re in such esteemed company! smile

15. profile image0
    annmackiemillerposted 12 years ago

I'm a Scot living in Yorkshire - it's nice to see you all here.

16. Aiden Roberts profile image67
    Aiden Robertsposted 12 years ago

Me too !

17. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

I am a Brit.  I have lived in Cumbria and Yorshire mainly, also Leicester and London.  Last year, I moved to Florida, where I am now.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
      CASE1WORKERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There would have been three of us in Leicester as Jacquii  is also from here!! Perhaps Leicester is a hole for creative writers????

1. recommend1 profile image59
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is certainly some kind of hole big_smile

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile

18. profile image0
    Wentworth35posted 12 years ago

I am from the Florence of the Midlands - Birmingham.

19. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I am from Scotland but now live in Spain.

20. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

I'm not but I live here anyway, a yank in London big_smile

21. profile image0
    annmackiemillerposted 12 years ago

all you UK people do you write with UK readership in mind or not?

Both UK and US really, but my stuffs more general interest.

2. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, not really, despite about one quarter of my views being from the UK.

I've noticed that if I do ever get an Adsense click on a hub, it is always at night, therefore more likely to be from the US. 

The Amazon capsule is only for Amazon US. I have tried putting links to an Amazon UK shop I set up, thus giving UK readers the ability to view the same products or very near equivalents. I get hardly any views and have not sold a thing. Although my performance at Amazon US is pretty poor, I have sold a few things there.

On the other hand, I'm fairly sure most of my writing shrieks foreign at anybody from the US reading it.

I just write in the manner I am able to, but must admit it is not bringing me any significant returns.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)