Anyone from the UK here?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (76 posts)
  1. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Looks like most of hubbers live in the US - anyone from UK or elsewhere?

1. Neqodin profile image60
      Neqodinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm Scottish but living in Cambridgeshire near Huntingdon. I know what you mean about this forum being mainly USA but I have found that on most forums I go to. They can't help it, there's 300 million of them and only 60 million of us. The rest of the world seem to have wierd and often expensive broadband connections so they are few and far between, except south america, australia and greece????   Go figure, as they would say.

Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, outnumbered heavily... big_smile
        Honestly - read this and kept on giggling for quite a while big_smile big_smile big_smile

2. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm from the UK!!!!
      Wehay!

I'm from the Midlands.

3. nigelking profile image61
      nigelkingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I am here in the UK.

2. Offadog profile image59
    Offadogposted 14 years ago

Hi
    Yes, me! 
    Originally from the UK but for the last 5 years have been living in Greece.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

There are lots of hubbers from the UK, Australia, India. I'm from Canada. We are an international bunch smile

4. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

And few Tunilics from NZ smile

And Let's Not Forget Eric the Two-Headed Tasmanian And Cindy the South Africian Lawn Mower Collector And........

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh sorry, I forgot the Kiwis...

5. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

the Argentinian 'guerrillera ' lol
    Hi ! big_smile

6. hublim profile image68
    hublimposted 14 years ago

Hey

I'm from Scotland!

7. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Hi, I may look like a 4000 year old jackal, but I'm from the UK. There are quite a few UK Hubbers lurking around! smile

8. jayjay40 profile image66
    jayjay40posted 14 years ago

Yep, I'm from Bristol

9. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

Yes, I'm from Liverpool (did I hear you say "never mind")? smile

1. chenmikehk profile image41
      chenmikehkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Liverpool or Everton FC? wink

1. sannyasinman profile image60
        sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My father held a season ticket all his life and never missed a match. I was not quite so enthusiastic but did occasionally go to see . . . .the Reds. And I have always supported them from afar smile   And you?

10. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

me too...dreary cold london here... smile

11. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Yes I'm from Dull Hull with the excellently unimpressive football team!!!

12. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

"Alwight"

Regards from London smile

13. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

I'm from sunny Margate, immortalised by Chas & Dave.

14. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I am too.... there are loads of us..... about 60,000 actually I believe.

?!?
      that's an IMPRESSIVE figure, I'd say...

2. Neqodin profile image60
      Neqodinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How the heck would you know that?

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can't remember, sure I saw some stats somewhere, possibly on the hubpages blog, unless I am mistaking it for another site. The hubpages team would be able to tell you. There are something like 800,000 registered users here, so 60,000 isn't too unrealistic for a relatively small English speaking world (when considering native tongues).

15. The Bard profile image67
    The Bardposted 14 years ago

I'm from geordie-land originally. Judging by the avatars, there's some fair hinnies here.
    Unfortunately I cannot compete with them in the glamour stakes, but surely you like my hat? My best attribute!

16. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Bristolboy has a hub of all the UK hubbers he could round up back when he wrote the hub.

17. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I'm from Essex! ... No, I'm not a stereotype!

18. beautyrose profile image60
    beautyroseposted 14 years ago

anyone from birmingham?

If there was anyone here from Birmingham they would not admit to it smile

1. beautyrose profile image60
        beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why did you say they will not admit?

It's only a joke . . . (Birmingham is the pits smile) don't take it seriously. I am from Liverpool, and there is often a reaction to the stereotype. I am labelled as a Scouser, and people think I drink and fight a lot. Nothing could be further from the truth.

If I have offended you then I apologise, but I think we all need to learn to laugh and take it with a pinch of salt, else there would be no satire and the world would be a sadder place

1. profile image0

Thats not the stereotype I hear about scousers, everybody knows that they steal lots, wear dodgy cheap tracksuits, and perm their hair. And thats rich from you isn't it? Pinch of salt? The other day you were pretty much threatening to have somebodies adsense account banned for very little reason, that is somebodies business and livelyhood. That would offend even the biggest bastards.

You're confusing "Adsense" with "Asense" ie a sense of humour. You seem to know a lot about the former but little about the latter.

1. profile image0

No I know a lot about both. You are a joke yourself, and I often laugh at you, hope that clarifies. Have you pestered anybody about stealing URL's recently? Can't you see how much of a joke that is? You never bothered to reply to my response on that thread, too busy trying to ruin a decent man's business? Run along...... sad case.

Firstly - I won't resort to personal insults as you are quick to do.
                  Secondly - This whole URL business has nothing to do with you.

1. profile image0

The URL business has nothing to do with anybody, claiming plagiarism or ownership of a URL is complete madness unless it is a registered trademark. Personal insults? Threatening to send a DMCA to google because of URLs, completely ruining that persons business in the process, is about as personal as it gets. Anything you threaten to do on hubpages, about hubs, is the business of hubpages and all of it's members. So that was my business and still is my business.

I am also a member of shetoldme.com, and earn money from shetoldme.com, so some idiot threatening to close it IS my business. It would lose me a lot of dofollow backlinks, and some adsense revenue, so it is 100% to do with me and I will make it my business. Why didn't you take the opportunity to talk with James on that thread? Instead of trying to tarnish his name? Get back on there, if you want to start something then go and finish it. He visits that thread, why not go and reply to him?

2. Jo Woodward profile image59
      Jo Woodwardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is staffordshire close enough for you?  My sister-in-laws husband is a Brummy, even supports the Blues. ( poor, sad man)

19. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

not forgetting The Frog
    whom I've not seen lately

Hey Black Lilly
    all your fans say that you have great hubs.
    I'll have a closer look

I have wonderful fans wink

2. wrenfrost56 profile image55
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually I have not seen her around lately either? I miss her humour.

1. profile image0
        zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and cool wisdom.

1. wrenfrost56 profile image55
          wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, that too.....*reminising* smile

20. profile image0

so I recognize.
    White Lilly...

Look a bit lower and you'll find lots of black.

21. wrenfrost56 profile image55
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I'm from the u.k. too. Beautiful Devon. smile

22. profile image0

Ahhh.
    So you're a southern girl.

23. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

I'm glad to say I'm not from Birmingham but the South Coast opposite the Isle of Wight!

24. Helen Cater profile image59
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I am from the Uk, Bristol, so not far from Birmingham.

Please tell me whats wrong living in Birmingham? please tell me as my friend lives there is there something i have to know?

1. Helen Cater profile image59
        Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No there is nothing wrong with Birmingham. I always go there to watch bands at the NEC, and have stayed over on several occasions and found the night life good. I suppose it is the same with any area. You will have good and bad. It is just a joke about certain places that are shown within the media. I would go there anytime as the shopping centre is tops.

hi helen thanks fro the info. I would like to help from anybody here if Abbotsford Road really exist in Birmingham? cause my friend give that as his address but i don't know if he is telling the truth.

1. Helen Cater profile image59
            Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It certainly does, here is the link so you can see for yourself http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&am … CAoQ8gEwAA

oh thank you ill check on that site

25. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 14 years ago

me me me ... I'm in the UK

smile

26. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Scotland, but living and working in Qatar.

27. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I am from Cardiff in Wales originally although I now live in Tenerife.

28. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm from the Land Of Great Wetness - Yorkshire.

I'm all wuthering heights, sheep dip, flat caps and whippets.

*nothing could be further from the truth. never wanders around on wild and windy moors, looking for her heathcliffe. Thinks sheep are silly and given too much freedom. Never wore a flat cap and the closest she came to a whippet was living next door to one*

smile

1. Rayalternately profile image61
      Rayalternatelyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me too! big_smile

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How wonderful. We are.

Hee hee smile

2. flighty02 profile image67
        flighty02posted 14 years agoin reply to this

And me smile

29. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

York/Selby here, soon moving to Austin, Texas though!

30. Danielle Farrow profile image72
    Danielle Farrowposted 14 years ago

Another one up north - in Scotland.  Did have a laugh when studying in Manchester, 'cos I could claim to be more northern than the rest, but with an RP accent! LOL

31. littledevil1983 profile image60
    littledevil1983posted 14 years ago

hi, yeah, im in the uk, down as far as you can go, cornwall :-)
    Not as sunny as people think, but bloody blowing a gale at the mo!!!!

32. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

still far away... I'm in London wink

33. littledevil1983 profile image60
    littledevil1983posted 14 years ago

im from the uk, right down the very very bottom, cornwall, woohoo :-)

34. profile image0
    loubeelooposted 14 years ago

From Manchester but living in & loving Cornwall.

35. Amanda Severn profile image94
    Amanda Severnposted 14 years ago

I'm on the south coast, a few miles from Brighton. There certainly seems to be more (active) UK hubbers around than when I first joined.

36. hindleyite profile image61
    hindleyiteposted 14 years ago

I tend to think I'm from the UK, but those southerners refuse to accept me and fob me off with some explanation that The North is a separate country or something.

37. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

I am from Guernsey in the Channel Islands which is part of the British Isles, just not officially UK, although we share same Queen etc. I think they call us a "Crown Sovereignty", because we are under her protection, but have our own government.

38. Larry Gee profile image56
    Larry Geeposted 14 years ago

I'm from the UK - London to be precise. Hello fellow UK hubbers!

39. Tom Cornett profile image81
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

University of Kentucky!  smile

40. Mike1000 profile image59
    Mike1000posted 14 years ago

Yet another one from London...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)