This is a forum for people trying to keep the Pink Forum Accolade.

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (38 posts)
  1. davenmidtown profile image68
    davenmidtownposted 12 years ago

If your pink forum accolade keeps disappearing and then popping back when you least expect it to, then this is the forum for you.  This is simple a place to make a and satisfy the moderator accumulator gadget that rates our participation in forums.   Please free to rant on about anything and everything.  Enjoy!

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not just about your forum participation. roll

davenmidtownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

crap! what other hoops must I leap through???

You could post to the forums till you're blue in the face, but if you're not posting in the right forums, then it isn't going to do you any good.

Also, flagging hubs while hub hopping and marking SPAM as SPAM when it hits the forums. Marking profiles that are SPAM also helps.

The accolade is about your activity. From what I've learned about it and that could have changed, which I wouldn't doubt, but don't know- is that it is tied to Hubpages Forum threads, Extreme Hub Makeover(either using it yourself or helping others who use it), the Need Help- Ask? Forum thread when people need help and the HubPages Knowledge Forum thread, exchanging knowledge of HP with others.

I hope that helps you. Again, I don't know if Staff has made any changes with regards to it.

davenmidtownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I flag and comment and vote... most of my day is spent reading and voting and flagging hubs.  I try to write comments that actually pertain to the hub and make sure that I vote up, and provide interesting, beautiful, etc. button activities.  I also share comments and google + them.

Leaving comments and voting up, and marking hubs as beautiful - interesting - useful - awesome is part of your Hubberscore/Authorscore.

It has nothing to do with your accolade for activity. It does give you a different accolade for doing things like that. smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So basically it's a meaningless forum to get a meaningless accolade.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just love my meaningless accolades! big_smile
        Don't you? lol

2. davenmidtown profile image68

Is this counting?

Not that I know of. You're in the Hubber's Hangout thread.

Did you miss something in my other post? I think so.

3. davenmidtown profile image68

lol... no I am just rambling along creating content....

Oh okay.

4. davenmidtown profile image68

isn't a forum a forum?

Yes, it's a forum. You opened what is called a thread. However, the people you want to attract to your thread, after reading what I've written so far in your thread, will know that they cannot get the pink accolade from posting here. wink

But you are correct, it is a forum.

5. davenmidtown profile image68

ahahahahahahahahah!!!!!  I should not covet those accolades so much!  How many accolades are there?  I have 10.5

You have 11 accolades. Including the one for activity. wink

6. davenmidtown profile image68

yes, but I can not count on it to remain.... I get up every morning to dust them off... and POOF its gone.   Then I spend all day trying to get it back.... then POOF it returns... then its gone again.

No you cannot.

7. davenmidtown profile image68

It leaves a divot in the line up and that drive me virgo crazy!

Maybe that should tell you something about yourself? Just a thought. wink

8. davenmidtown profile image68

oh it speaks like an audio-book.... lol

Okay.

9. davenmidtown profile image68

Go with your strengths!

But, always know your capabilities and limitations, so you can recognize them. wink

10. davenmidtown profile image68

I can recognize my own capabilities and limitations... I am experiencing them now... LOL....

Well, most people don't. That's why I said it. But, good luck going forward. wink

11. davenmidtown profile image68

You should read some of my other forums.... I try to combine capabilities with limitations....

I should do what?

Do you not realize I read more forums throughout the day than there are hours in the day? lol

I'd be the wrong person or shall I say, the last person you need to address about reading what is written in the forums. There's not a thread that goes by I don't read or at least check out.

If you bring something to the table and I consider I have a say on it, then by all means, I'll make my presence known. Don't doubt that. lol

12. davenmidtown profile image68

anything I write in a forum is hardly serious... to me.

13. davenmidtown profile image68

it wasn't a command.... just a suggestion....  nothing can take up a day like pitting the Christians against each other....

I didn't think it was a command. What made you think I did? lol

14. davenmidtown profile image68

the way you used the word Address in your comment...

Below is why I used that word.

Cagsil
          39,632 posts

15. davenmidtown profile image68

that's a large fence!

16. davenmidtown profile image68

oh.... and it is gone again!

17. profile image56
    laptop-coolerposted 12 years ago

I don't really care about accolades, and I doubt this account is going to get any more than the traffic one tongue

1. profile image56
      laptop-coolerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It means this account is not destined for a cabinet full of accolades, sorry for my late night incoherence!

18. davenmidtown profile image68

what does that even mean?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)