Is God Real? vs. God is Real!

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Johnjfernando profile image60
    Johnjfernandoposted 12 years ago

Why is it that ignoramous' like to post stupid remarks such as the last one, "when will these people realize that Christianity is all lies." Thats sounds more like trolling on forums than actually asking something that holds water. If a religion wasn't real, then why have a topics page for discussions on the forum? Why have a career in theology? Why are you still arguing after your question had been answered a million times in different ways? No, don't answer the last one if you like trolling. Its more of a rhetorical question.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And, what does it say about your above statement? It speaks volumes about your individual self.
      Actually, Christianity is a bunch of lies. And anyone who has done the research would know it to be true.

(a) many of the stories inside it are the same as other stories elsewhere.
      (b) many of the stories inside it are attributed to people who didn't write them.
      (c) many of the OT is BS and twisted by those who put them into Christianity.
      (d) many of the NT writings is also BS and twisted by bad philosophical understanding and purposely set in stone to become doctrines to live by, which when examined closely are detriment to humanity as a whole.
      Religion itself is real. The contents of said religion are that which are false.
      Theology is more than just religion
      Answering a question with irrationality and fantasy isn't an honest answer.
      Now you have shown that your own actions are similar to trolls, since you're not actually posing questions to be honestly answered. Again, it shows off your true self. Ironic, you don't see it.

Johnjfernandoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

'Christianity is a bunch of lies. And anyone who has done the research would know it to be true.'
        I don't blame you. Thats just your own individual opinion which you are entitled too like many of us are. I'm not out here to prove anyone wrong either and for the record, I don't troll often, if ever, and just wanted to get my 2 cents out here that I don't think so much that it is lies, but that it is exaggerated from time to time(in accordance to agreeing with it being somewhat B.S.). Thanks for answering those questions as well.
        P.S. Don't judge someone with one post and say something like, "Now you have shown that your own actions are similar to trolls, since you're not actually posing questions to be honestly answered. Again, it shows off your true self. Ironic, you don't see it." I know I stepped out of line, but I avidly do read some of your posts and blogs on and off Cagsil and enjoy them.
        P.S.S.
        The post was ironic as it was meant to imitate an example of it when others have shown the same actions on different/same forum topics.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it's a fact that many people refuse to believe for whatever selfish reasons.
          You're welcome.
          Good to know.
          I'm sure.

2. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You do understand that the heading Religion and Philosophy encompasses more than Christianity? It sounds less than intelligent to assume someone is an 'ignoramus' simply because they have a difference of opinion with you on the topic of religion.

Quite frankly, your OP fits the definition of trolling, in my mind. There is no point offered for discussion. It's more of a rant.

Johnjfernandoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. I was looking at one of the many that encompass Religion and Philosophy. I've read many posts and most people attack a question with out much reason and thats why I posted this.

3. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If animals can't talk, why did George Orwell write a book about talking animals?

Because those who do are not able to produce anything or offer anything of value.

Answers based on hypocrisy, contradiction, lies and magic are not really answers, not matter if they've been stated a million times in different ways.

Hope that helps.

2. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 12 years ago

Is God Real? vs. God is Real! To answer your question. I have no definitive answer other than to offer Descartes thought process 'Cogito ergo sum' (got that from wikipedia). Or "I think therefore, I am." I offer no explanation/definition of/for g(G)od. I do offer for 'self' "I think there is a g(G)od, therefore there is."

The second is an exclamation not of 'self,' but of you. So, I defer to you.

The rhetoric that accompanies your proposition is your opinion. You own it, not I.

3. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

The Creator God is the reality; and he has bestowed life to us the human beings.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Should be no problem for him to make an appearance then I guess.

(I can see a dozen zealots praying that he does, and smites me in the process.)
      No, there are no real gods, just the various myths about gods that started a long time before the current version of the ever yielding myth.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)