Yesterday's earnings disappeared

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)
  1. nybride710 profile image61
    nybride710posted 12 years ago

This morning I had .56 earned yesterday and now it shows 0.  Just me, and why would that be?

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you may be getting confused by the "all programs" report which just shows your total earnings.  In that report we only include a row for days for which all the data is in (which means both Ad Program and eBay data).  eBay data typically comes in in the afternoon or evening the following day (California time).  To illustrate this, here are links to the three different reports:

Combined Earnings
      Ad Program Earnings
      eBay Program Earnings

The other thing to be aware of is unaudited earnings versus audited.  Occasionally, we make small changes to earnings and/or impressions as part of auditing process.  That generally would not take your earnings from $0.56 to $0.00, but unaudited earnings are subject to change.  They will have an asterisk next to them.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, Paul, tell it like it is.

I'm not confused, well not at the moment!

There was a definite shift in the results/earnings yesterday. I had several go down, that is earnings without asterisks, and a couple go up, on the stats for the past week.

End result was I was down.

Please, a little bit of honesty goes a long way. There was a problem yesterday, at your end. I am happy to accept that it was a genuine mistake, but not to be told that I looked at the wrong part of the earnings.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
          pauldeedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I told it exactly like it is, but I can elaborate if you like.

Asterisks don't appear every place earnings may be listed (such as the summary boxes on the hub listing page or at the top of the earnings report),  but they appear next to the daily details in the reports that I linked to.  And without extraordinary intervention, our software prevents earnings from changing once earnings are certified, and the asterisks are removed.

The earnings did change slightly yesterday, and that isn't particularly unusual.  We have automated systems that run just after midnight our time to distribute earnings based on ad impressions and ad revenue which comes from dozens of different data sources (they take several hours to complete).  The results of the automated run will appear immediately to you.  In the morning (usually between 6am and 9am our time) a person verifies the accuracy of each of those sources, and if anything is amiss earnings or impression may be adjusted after data is re-imported or processed, sometimes upward sometimes downward.

If most prefer it, we could not show uncertified earnings at all.  We've chosen to show them because our sense is that people don't like to wait 8-10 hours to get their stats from the previous day, most of the time they are correct, and when they aren't they usually aren't off by much.

But nybride710, who I was responding to, definitely did not have her earnings go from $0.56 to $0.00.  I know that because I can see what she has earned.  I'm pretty sure her was confusion caused by the way the reports work, which is something we intend to improve upon soon.

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Look, I'm not arguing with you - yes I am, but not in regards to the OP's earnings.

Earnings shown in asterisks are subject to change, right?

Several of my daily miniscule, apologies-for-earnings-but-totally-related-to-lack-of-google-traffic changed also.

Not just the asterisked day in question, but those of several days before, without an asterisk.

That is a fact. I am not arguing. I am not saying I disagree. I am simply saying they changed, because I had a note of their earnings on the days in question, so noticed it. And not just their earnings, but the CPM and number of impressions, all of which changed.

All I want from you is transparency. We got it before, I think, and thank you for replying smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I am reasonably certain that HP does earnings estimations google style. The number you see first thing in the morning is not necessarily the same number you will see 8 hours (or whatever) later for that same time frame.

1. Melovy profile image93
      Melovyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just came to the forums about this very thing. My earnings are still miniscule, so I was excited to see this month’s earnings with the HP program had gone up by 20 cents, and now it’s down to only 17. I’ve never seen this before.
      So certainly not just you, nybride.

Paradigmsearch, do you know if there is anything about this in the help center?

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I only know about the asterisk doohickey that wilderness referred to. Looks like it has started to play a greater role in the last few days...

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Mine have done the same thing - I think I've lost over a dollar since this morning, although I see there is still a star there so it's still not complete.

It's unusual - most of the time it seems that the earlier results are low, not high, although I've seen it both ways.

1. Melovy profile image93
      Melovyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Wilderness, what you’ve written is interesting. I’ve never noticed a star - does that show the earnings are estimated?

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes.

4. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I just noticed this thread and then noticed my miniscule earnings were down too. I keep a daily note and they have adjusted the payments for nearly every day this week - number of impressions and CPM as changed on several dates so I guess someone pressed the wrong button somewhere.

5. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Kudos to the OP.

This turned into a very worthy thread. Because of it, there are probably a 1000 lurkers out there that now know they aren't alone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)