clickbank

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Dewette profile image59
    Dewetteposted 12 years ago

Hi. I`m new and confused. I didn`t think we were allowed to have a click bank link in an article but I see one posted and the hub is still active? Please help clear this up for me. Thanks,
    Patty

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Clickbank links have been stopped, but if one has slipped through the filter it may still be up. Personally, and for what it is worth, I used to use Clickbank and did well with it, but HP decided to ban it. Contrary to popular belief they had loads of good stuff on their site to promote sad

Dewetteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think so too. There are some really decent products on there. I can see why HP banned it though, probably was overtaking the writing?

No, there were only two links allowed per hub, and honestly I rarely saw it used on here to any great degree. It was one of HP's many 'Knee Jerk' responses to Panda, not really necessary, but part of their efforts to make HP more attractive to Google again.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

If you found one, then flag it and bring it to the attention of the moderators.

LOL Cags, heck, just a thought, but what if it is one of mine that I missed when deleting all of them because of the change in rules here?? hmm

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Misty, if it was you, then I would have emailed you to let you know you missed one. But, put our friendship aside, and I would have flagged it. wink

Love you too Cags !!! wink

lol

2. Dewette profile image59

I didn`t want to rat on anyone ..... I just know that I`ve written hubs with affiliate links and I got busted every time sad

It's not ratting on someone. It's making sure that the playing field for everyone is leveled.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image65
        theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not all affiliate links are banned. Clickbank may be (I'm assuming this is so) but there are still plenty of affiliates permitted. I don't have many on this profile but I do use Shareasale and Linkshare on my other profiles.

3. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

My Hub has been moderated for linking to prohibited sites, what does that mean?

Links to sites that provide a poor experience for readers or reflect badly on HubPages are prohibited in Hubs. These include:

Affiliate or promotional links in subject areas containing a high proportion of low quality or promotional content (for example, forex, acai berry, weight loss, etc)
        Links to eBook sales pages and lead capture forms
        Sites that contain pop-ups or pop-unders that interfere with site navigation (for example, when clicking the back or close buttons), or redirect users to unwanted websites
        Links that initiate downloads or change user preferences
        Links to sites that contain links to any of the above (ie, a blog that links to an ebook sales page, etc)

Commonly used affiliate programs are evaluated based on the totality of how they are used on HubPages. While some of the offers or sites promoted may be ok, if a preponderance are not, then they may be prohibited anyway. Clickbank is an example of this.

Sites are evaluated on an ongoing basis, and the classification of a site may change. It is the author's responsibility to ensure that no links in their Hub meet the definitions above.

If your Hub is moderated for this violation, the links that we've currently identified as prohibited will be included in the details of the warning (navigate to the Hub and click on the text of the warning). If you remove the identified links and any others the definitions above, you can submit your Hub for publication and it will be republished provided that it is not in violation of any other HubPages rules.

The flaw with this is that Clickbank have really cleaned up their site and their efforts have not been recognised by HP. Ironic when you think HP cleaned up their own site in the hope Google would recognise this and look upon them favourably again!! I was doing okay out of CB, and promoting things like ebooks on growing organic vegetables etc. Never could see a big problem with CB even before they cleaned up the site. It was simply a matter of picking the quality products relevant to your article to add the links to. I suppose not everyone would be as ethical as I was, but now the site is much cleaner anyway from what I have heard from those who know what they are talking about.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65

I think anything done tastefully shouldn't be a problem. Like you said...when you pick a related and appropriate product, it can be a positive experience for the reader. Have you published anything at Wizzley? You can use HTML and affiliate banners, etc., (within reason). I only have five articles over there (only because I haven't had time to do more) and they are doing very well; 73% of my traffic right now is coming from Google. If you like using affiliates..you may just want to pop a couple articles over too?

I`m just getting started in all of this stuff. I love to write and I was introduced to affiliate stuff a couple months back so I`m a complete newb and my virginity shows lol. I did sign up with wizzley and also squidoo and ezine. I want to make some cash but it`s not the only reason I`m now addicted to these places. Better use of my online time than facebook. thanks for the help and suggestions, I appreciate it

Welcome to Hubpages by the way. smile

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Welcome to Hubpages from me too smile

thanks for the welcome guys smile

I am already on Wizzley, Excerptz, Xobba, This is Freelance, my own site and here. Only so much time to write on each of them, and right now my efforts are divided between my own site and here, largely because my own site is the safest long term option, and here is paying well 'for now' (but can't rely on it lasting based on previous track record with Google Panda etc). Thanks for the suggestion though smile

I hear you! I've been trying to devote what spare time I have to personal sites but I still want to publish on these platforms too...where is the time? We need clones!

question- when wizzley says no duplicate content does that mean I can`t copy an article I`ve already written and re-post it?

Exactly. You would need to de-index it from wherever it is if you want to move it.

well, that won`t work....completely clueless about de-indexing. guess I better get my creativity flowing...clones sound wonderful. time for wine :-P

You can de-index an article you want to move from one site to another really quickly (about 24 hours) if you first unpublish it, and then use the Google URL Removal tool to de-index the article.

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogi … ers/tools/

This process is easy and only takes a few seconds to get started. The articles de-index in about 24 hours, whereas normally it takes a week or two if you simply unpublish an article and wait for it to happen naturally before republishing it elsewhere.

now there's a plan, the clones can write while I am asleep. Bliss.

lol ahhhh....sleep...that's what I'm forgetting.

Me too, I am sitting here typing st 04.48am and this is far from the latest I have been known to be up. Worst thing is I am not even writing a hub, or an article elsewhere, right now, just browsing and commenting. Not profitable, but still kind of relaxing smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)