How to use facebook and orkut for hub promotion?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)
  1. packerpack profile image58
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

Have decided to be a bit more active. However I am not going to join any new site. I am alread on Orkut, Facebook and Twitter (joined two days back). I was wondering how to use them to promote my writings (Hubs).
    I know there is already a thread here related to twitter that answers my question. Can someone give me link to that (could not find myself)?
    Now can someone tell me how to use Orkut and Facebook for Hub Promotion?

packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No replies yet!!!! For Facebook we have an option to share at the bottom of each Hub. Is that all I have to do to promote my Hub on Facebook?? Anything else??

And what about orkut. Looks Like we have to be a part of any community there because I don't see any option to share Hubs there. Any ideas??

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

active on here or in the bedroom????

Hahaha That was a good one. I am here only. There is no point being on bed alone at this time big_smile

2. freelanceworld profile image60
      freelanceworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol http://i42.tinypic.com/fonadf.gif
      packerpack ...u will be remembered for that thread for a long time now... be ready for that ..hehe

Well yes you are correct and I can already see it..... but it is good .... at least people will remember me big_smile big_smile big_smile .....

3. Rotem profile image61
      Rotemposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good one.lol

3. DennisBarker profile image61
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

I've been having some success in driving traffic from both twitter and facebook. The key is to promote useful information for a specific target audience. If your network on facebook consists mainly of entrepreneurs then post relevent links to hubs which are of interest to small business and entrepreneurs, if your followers on twitter are internet marketers looking for a way to earn online , then post links to hubs that are relevant. Spend some time recruiting followers who have posted using specific keywords and then target those keywords with your hub.

I write a hub on how to use twitter:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-use-twit … reputation

Thanks for that amazing reply and thanks also for that link. However there is a link on this forum for a thread that also has some good info on how to use twitter for promoting your Hub. Any idea about that??

4. packerpack profile image58
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

Ain't there anyone to help me out. Please guys where are you all.

5. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

with FaceBook, I just post a link to my hub on the status bar and tell ppl to check it out

hhhhmmmm anything else?

1. profile image0
        Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nope, that's all I do. sometimes I post a link in my notes section.

6. Ms._Info profile image68
    Ms._Infoposted 14 years ago

You can also add a link to your hub in Facebook.  The status bar will change everytime you change it, but when you add a link it will be permanent in your stream.  For me the option to add a link is on the top left hand side of the page.

Thanks. I have not used facebook yet but does it actually send traffic ??

7. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I have my RSS feed set up on my FB n have started gettin clicks from there...if that is any help big_smile

1. Happy Hubber profile image76
      Happy Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How did you put your RSS feed on your FB page?

8. jennshon4 profile image61
    jennshon4posted 14 years ago

packer there was this post the other day about using Twitter.  Hope it helps & good luck big_smile

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/13907?page=2#post180113

9. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

When I post a link on Facebook I usually get a few views out of it. But I don't have massive amounts of friends. I think posting it in status or notes is definitely superior to sending all your friends a facebook message about it. They can decide if they want to look at it or not when it appears on the status page.

Thanks for that tip. Putting the link to your latest Hub in the status is a good concept. It will work on all community sites be it FB or anything else.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)